Client source upgrade

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Kylo ren
Honor Player

Re: Client source upgrade

Post by Kylo ren » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:10 am

Lkn wrote:
Pajama treee wrote:
Rick wrote:Guys nothing is changing serversided, nothing will change PkHonor itself. What this update contains is only client sided wich means the following:

- New Maps (this means there are more areas for PkHonor wich can hold potential new bosses or skilling methods
- New NPC's (monsters) these could be new slayer monsters and bosses
- New Items this means the newer OSRS items like toxic blowpipe and such
- Fullscreen mode, self explainatory
- Faster client loading
- Possibly final fix for the black login screen

All current items, monsters and such that PkHonor has will stay!

This means that this update will NOT change anything combat related etc such as switching or damaging ,timers and such.
character models change or no?
No. It's literally pkh but a better client layout.
PkHonor will be exactly the same as it is now. The only difference is that we will have the ability to go fullscreen, we'll have more maps, and we'll have more NPC's and presumably, more items as well. Rick literally described it perfectly.

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:11 am

Kylo ren wrote:
Lkn wrote:
Pajama treee wrote:
character models change or no?
No. It's literally pkh but a better client layout.
PkHonor will be exactly the same as it is now. The only difference is that we will have the ability to go fullscreen, we'll have more maps, and we'll have more NPC's and presumably, more items as well. Rick literally described it perfectly.
And yet you replied repeating what Mike said, that rick repeated, that lkn repeated.

Donderstone2
Programmer

Post by Donderstone2 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:05 am

Hey guys, thanks for the support and what not. To give you a little update, I currently work full time, having some serious struggles IRL which completely demotivate the crap out of me to do basically anything, but I'm the type of guy that wants to try and make the best out of a situation and I did that by helping out Mike (and for that matter you guys aswell) by trying to collect resources on how to improve this great game.

Even though I am not active at all, that doesn't mean I have forgotten about you. I know that when something comes up, I'll have some people here who are willing to support me, and I am very grateful for that.

Hopefully, with this new client, we can create a lot of new content to help improve your overall game experience throughout your time with us. Once again, I'd like to express my gratitude to you guys for choosing PkHonor as your RSPS and helping us achieve better things.

Now, speaking about the future, I suppose Mike will try and finish Void Elite ASAP and after that get more into the client, because we can't use this client with our server out-of-the-box. If you're wondering why, it's very simple:

PkHonor exists for a very long time, probably longer than any other RSPS in the world right now. This means that we have done a lot of things ourselves, without really considering compatibility with other sources/clients, because we never intend on releasing this source or whatsoever. This means that basically every item, NPC or object that has been added to the client that did not exist when we started PkHonor, has a different unique identifier than the ones used in the client I found.

This basically means that we more or less manually have to change all those ID's in the client in order to make everything work again. Now, we try our best to cover that as much as possible, but please note that once we release the new client, there might still be things that don't work/are broken. Therefore, we kindly ask for your patience on this because we don't want to mess this up, as this is very crucial for the game.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:16 am

Thanks for your post Dylan!
Will this also mean that some broken models we had will be fixed?

Donderstone2
Programmer

Post by Donderstone2 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:23 am

Sverre wrote:Thanks for your post Dylan!
Will this also mean that some broken models we had will be fixed?
That could potentially be fixed aswell.

Brandt
Premium Donator

Post by Brandt » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:01 am

Kylo ren wrote:I think my balls just tingled.
Mine finally dropped and hit the toilet water when I read it.

OT: Good job in finding this client, Dylan! Intrigued to see the work that's about to be put forth by the Dev team, as well as the new bosses. I, too, am hype aff :mrgreen: xoxo

Chameaux123
Novice

Post by Chameaux123 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Good to see you are still alive and think about us.Keep the good work.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Can't wait for this! Good luck, guys, hopefully this will become a success.

Xsk1lzx
Donator

Post by Xsk1lzx » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:08 pm

good luck with this, sounds like a lot of work need to be put in this client before it will work properly.

Say wut mute
Premium Donator

Post by Say wut mute » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:24 pm

dam really nice work of you this will be beast!!!! :P :P :P :P