New random event

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Patel
Advisor

Re: New random event

Post by Patel » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:20 am

Mike wrote:
Eater wrote:
Mike wrote: That's a possibility but you need advanced 3d image recognition for that. Admittedly, if someone does have that, it might just work. I'm not sure if we can do anything about that.
Just make an ingame Captcha. ;)
I considered it, but I don't think it's a good idea towards the players. The bad thing about this is that it's often a burden for people to read the captcha and I don't imagine people want to take 5 minutes trying to solve a captcha each half hour of skilling.
True, It'd be absolutely diabolical. I was only kidding =)

I like the idea of this random event. Although I fear that I may be too taxing for mistakes (I don't mean to point at anyone, but we do have some very... slow players on this server), it'll be good for the majority.

Edit: What will become of bob's island?

Steinburg
Premium Donator

Post by Steinburg » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:17 am

Anything and everything is and will still be bottable; can only make it more of a pain for yourself (coding) and for the botter (coding).

Smdjagex
Premium Donator

Post by Smdjagex » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:08 am

I really like it!
Credits to maurits for Signature

Lottery dude
Advisor

Post by Lottery dude » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:45 am

If a player AFKs at a center,will they be failed upon the random event? or will it just leave them there?;O

Does this mean Hamade's (3.8)Botting Laws are no longer implemented when this update happens? Or will the Staff still have to take punishment upon the player?

I love it overall. Can't wait to see it when it goes on the test server when we get some more releasing for it,anyways ;)
<3

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:36 am

I've been hoping for you to do something like this for quite some time now. It's a great idea and I'm glad it's finally here, although it is a bit late(have you seen the highscores lately?).

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:38 pm

So I can get a jail account via 'botting' now? Sweet!

Also, I think the demon should spawn after a minute and hit 5+...it takes around 10 minutes to die on Bobs, so keeping it this low gives botters a chance to come back (I've seen this happen).

However, I'm glad to see the new implementations to help prevent botters! They look great. Now all we need is a way to effectively reset stats and it would be perfect!

Nice work, Mike :)

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Steinburg wrote:Anything and everything is and will still be bottable; can only make it more of a pain for yourself (coding) and for the botter (coding).
Once it's been released, I invite you to write a bot that can crack the event. If you manage to properly crack it 100% of the time, I will give you a proper reward in either money or RSGP (whichever you prefer).
You can't send PM's to me, but you can always mail me at [email protected] to send me your bot.

If I know it can be cracked without too much effort, then I'll need to revise it once again. But as it seems now, I think it would require a considerable effort to make one.

Also, two things I haven't mentioned. One: the bot will lose a percentage of their XP of a certain skill along with pkhonor points if they fail. Two: if you are caught botting while auto-buying items from a shop, you'll automatically lose a portion of the items you just bought (no money refund).

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Don't make it a percentage of your pkp..make it a set amount. Like 10-20.

If I'm tired at night and fail a random, I lose 100 PKPS? Bullshit imho

Ivy
Premium Donator

Post by Ivy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:06 pm

Simon wrote:Don't make it a percentage of your pkp..make it a set amount. Like 10-20.

Imagine someone with 30k pkp(like me) missclicking... :S

Sickle
Forum Addict

Post by Sickle » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Hephaestus wrote:
Simon wrote:Don't make it a percentage of your pkp..make it a set amount. Like 10-20.

Imagine someone with 30k pkp(like me) missclicking... :S
Gee eff.
There is only one.