The cost of a room (suggested price list)

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What do you think of the suggested prices?

Seems good to me
45%
Overall too expensive
31%
Overall too cheap
19%
Some are good, some aren't (which? leave a comment!)
5%

Total votes: 42

Mike
Programmer

The cost of a room (suggested price list)

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:44 am

I've hereby put together a list of prices of what a room will cost, along with the main features of the room to explain that cost.

-> Parlour: 10M (mostly for decoration, chairs to sit, fireplace for firemaking, bookcases with no use atm). As for the bookcases, I cannot not make them store books or other items, but perhaps they could give you some kind of useful book when you click on the bookcase. Please suggest here what you think would be a good use for bookcases.
-> Garden: 40M (decoration, trees for woodcutting, dungeon access)
-> Kitchen: 40M (range for cooking, cooking supplies, ingredients for pizza). As for the pizza, that would be pineapple pizza (yum!) which has two bites and heals 14 each bite (no extra effects). If you think pizzas should heal for less (or more), just comment here. They would heal more than rocktail overall but don't heal you that fast. Would be ideal for pVm trips but rocktails would still be better for pVp trips. Note: the ingredients will only be available at the highest level larder at level 83). Lower level larders will give ingredients for pizzas that dont heal as much.
-> Dining room: 10M (decoration, benches to sit, fireplace for firemaking, calling your servant)
-> Workshop: 80M (repairing barrows/chaotic items, making clockwork, painting helms and shields)
-> Bedroom: 20M (decoration, fireplace for firemaking, wardrobes to get free clothes (just for looks) and team capes)
-> Skill hall: 20M (decoration, dungeon access, 2nd floor access)
-> Quest hall: 20M (decoration, dungeon access, 2nd floor access)
-> Games room: 20M (a few minigames with a small money and pkhonor point prize for the winner)
-> Combat room: 20M (fun fights)
-> Study: 80M (teletab creation at lower levels, help with clue scrolls, making lava/mud/steam staffs)
-> Costume room: 30M (boxes to get free costumes (just for looks))
-> Chapel: 150M (altar and incense burners for prayer - the incense burners cannot be lit but they still give extra prayer xp)
-> Portal chamber: 60M (teleportation to useful but hard to reach places). I do not yet know where the portals would lead to. Suggest away.
-> Formal garden: 100M (decoration and either dungeon access or fountain to refill hp + spec bar + prayer). The fountain would have a 'cooldown' of 5/3/1 minutes. A higher level fountain gives a bigger hp/prayer boost, the highest level fountain equals the same as in edgeville. If you disagree with any of these, please let me know.
-> Throne room: 50M (decoration, thrones for yourself, benches to sit, dungeon access). Note: an oubliette can only be built under a throne room, nowhere else.
-> Oubliette: 100M (decoration, cage for players to escape from, ladder to throne room, NPC for pVm/slayer)
-> Dungeon corridor: 70M (decoration, NPC for pVm/slayer)
-> Dungeon junction: 100M (decoration, NPC for pVm/slayer)
-> Dungeon stairs room: 90M (decoration, access to ground floor, NPC for pVm/slayer)
-> Dungeon treasure room: 300M (NPC to kill). The NPC will be a guardian, guarding a treasure chest. You can only open the chest (to collect a prize) once you killed the guardian (you can't get any rewards from a treasure chest without guardian). Both the level of the guardian and the level of the treasure chest will affect the items you can get from the chest. The highest level guardian and highest level chest (both requiring level 99 construction) will yield unique rewards that cannot be obtained anywhere else. What exactly those items are has not yet been determined.

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Re: The cost of a room (suggested price list)

Post by Pls senpai » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:46 am

I love this price list.

I'm looking forward to see how the economy goes after const.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:48 am

They seems to be nice.
ImageImage

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:49 am

Added poll option. Also, I'll need some suggestions for the uses of the following:
-> Bookcases: would it give you a book if you click it? If so, what would the effect of the book be? Keep in mind there are 3 different levels of bookcases, perhaps 3 different levels of books could be obtained.
-> Portals in the portal chamber: where would they teleport you?
-> Treasure chest: what items can you get from them at what levels? But most importantly, what would be the unique, much sought after item(s) that you can get at the highest level, worth getting 99 construction for and spending billions to get there?

Rick
Unstoppable

Post by Rick » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:56 am

Mike wrote:Added poll option. Also, I'll need some suggestions for the uses of the following:
-> Bookcases: would it give you a book if you click it? If so, what would the effect of the book be? Keep in mind there are 3 different levels of bookcases, perhaps 3 different levels of books could be obtained.
-> Treasure chest: what items can you get from them at what levels? But most importantly, what would be the unique, much sought after item(s) that you can get at the highest level?

Bookcases, One of them should be about the Founder of PkHonor Hamadé :D, One "old book" should give the House Owner an XP lamp or something? And one book tells you to vote daily!

Portals, Teleports to "New" bosses? Perhaps Bork can be implented along with a few other bosses? Maybe an teleport to a special Slayer Cave "Donator+ or Prem+)

Treasure Chest: Perhaps you can gamble with the chest? A 10-100M input for better rewards?

Ideas for inside the chest:

-Dragon Masks http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_mask,
-animal masks http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_masks
- XP Lamps. Up to 20Million XP? (Can NOT be used on Construction)

The droprate for those masks shouldn't be that low. More like medium-high depends on the input of money you do.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:01 am

Mike wrote:Added poll option. Also, I'll need some suggestions for the uses of the following:
-> Treasure chest: what items can you get from them at what levels? But most importantly, what would be the unique, much sought after item(s) that you can get at the highest level?
@Bookcases, No rewards at all. They were mainly "introduced" to save bank space because of all the books runescape had. But if you're willing to add something to them, could it be used like an "extra" storage space? 5-10 for 1st, 10-15for 2nd and for the 3rd 15-25?

@Portals, fast teleport to godwars, deep wilderness(zamorak altar), deep wilderness(lesser demons), deep wilderness (chaos elemental), Varrock, Edgeville?

@Treassure chest, Gilded armour set, boaters, scarf, tricon hats, battle-mage robes, vanguard set, trickster set, bandos - armadyl - ancient stole and their following items? Well, that's what i was able to come up with.

@Rick. Just no, 20m xp lamps is just way too much on certain skills.
ImageImage

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:21 am

Rick wrote:Portals, Teleports to "New" bosses? Perhaps Bork can be implented along with a few other bosses? Maybe an teleport to a special Slayer Cave "Donator+ or Prem+)

Great idea, I agree with portals in a PoH being the only way to get to certain monsters (bork, frost dragons and a slayer cave). The slayer cave would however still be donator-only and the frost dragons premium-only (so normal players will only be able to build 1 out of the 3 portals).

As for the dragon and animal masks, those have in fact already been added to the game (along with a whole array of other items), we just hadn't thought of any way for the players to obtain them yet. We'll probably add some items to the mystery box while removing cheaper items and making those items clue scroll rewards instead. I'm sure we'll also find one or two items that I added to the client but hasn't been released yet, and use that for a treasure chest reward.

However, I still have no idea what the highest level reward could be. Ideas anyone?

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:26 am

Mike wrote:
Rick wrote:Portals, Teleports to "New" bosses? Perhaps Bork can be implented along with a few other bosses? Maybe an teleport to a special Slayer Cave "Donator+ or Prem+)

Great idea, I agree with portals in a PoH being the only way to get to certain monsters (bork, frost dragons and a slayer cave). The slayer cave would however still be donator-only and the frost dragons premium-only (so normal players will only be able to build 1 out of the 3 portals).

As for the dragon and animal masks, those have in fact already been added to the game (along with a whole array of other items), we just hadn't thought of any way for the players to obtain them yet. We'll probably add some items to the mystery box while removing cheaper items and making those items clue scroll rewards instead. I'm sure we'll also find one or two items that I added to the client but hasn't been released yet, and use that for a treasure chest reward.

However, I still have no idea what the highest level reward could be. Ideas anyone?
Gilded armour :3
ImageImage

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:27 am

Sick ownage wrote:vanguard set, trickster set

@Rick. Just no, 20m xp lamps is just way too much on certain skills.
To my knowledge, vanguard, trickster and battlemage sets are truly overpowered pieces of hybrid gear which can only be used in two minigames in RS. Besides, I tried adding them and their models are bugged. So I don't think we should do this.

And no, I don't think we should add any XP lamps to bookcases either. Perhaps we could add something that gives a % XP boost for a short time, with a cooldown on using it?
Sick ownage wrote: Gilded armour :3
Haha, why not. Though I do think it should be something that can really give you an advantage somewhere, not just for looks.
Unless you'd suggest to also boost the stats on the armour..

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:29 am

Boost 'em.

Make them like bandos without str bonus.