Events Need to be fixed for lower geared ppl

All of the events happening in PkHonor will be posted here.
Nolan
Honor Player

Re: Events Need to be fixed for lower geared ppl

Post by Nolan » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:44 pm

Firstaid wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:39 pm every event all the high geared players get all the kc there is no point of joining these events with low gear

i hit only 15 and the high player hitting like trains 51's
Prepare better for the next event. L&A.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:38 am

Rapsey wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:11 pm This is already the case. Unlike on OSRS the person who deals the most damage does not always get the kill / drop, they just have a higher chance of getting it. I'm not sure how we could create a situation where the person who performs worse ends up being the most successful, other than making it a lottery. If you have a specific suggestion in this regard I'm all ears.

We also have the personal rewards system to make sure lower geared players still get rewards for events.
Is the likelihood of a drop weighted directly by how much damage is dealt? I imagine something like log-weighting (with a small base, like 3 or 4) could reduce the disparity without making the best players with the best gear feel like they have it for nothing.

I.e. a player dealing 1k damage under a log_10 weighting would have a weight of "3", while someone dealing 10k would have a weight of 4. Of course, these values are quite close for a huge difference in damage, which is why I suggested a smaller base

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:23 am

Raj wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:03 pm dunno what the actual probability formula is
Patel wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:38 am Is the likelihood of a drop weighted directly by how much damage is dealt? I imagine something like log-weighting (with a small base, like 3 or 4) could reduce the disparity without making the best players with the best gear feel like they have it for nothing.
From the relevant news posts:
Mike wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:52 am Who gets the loot for an NPC kill
As of now, the person who dealt the most damage to an NPC is no longer guaranteed its loot. Anyone who deals any damage to an NPC now has a chance at getting the loot for that kill. However, the one player who dealt most damage gets a bonus chance (equal to 50% of their damage) and will still get the loot most of the time.
This change will allow newer players to get at least a few drops when competing with others who have better gear, while still allowing those with the best gear to get most of the loot.

A few examples to illustrate:
NPC X has 50 hitpoints. Player A did 10 damage, player B did 40 damage. B did most damage, so gets counted as 40 + 40/2 = 60
A has 10/(10 + 60) = 10/70 = 14% chance to get the loot
B has 60/(10 + 60) = 60/70 = 86% chance to get the loot

NPC Y has 100 hitpoints. Player A did 20 damage, B did 40, C also did 40. In the case of a draw, either B or C is chosen at random as 'player with most damage'. The chosen one will then have his damage counted as 40 + 40/2 = 60
A has 20/(20 + 40 + 60) = 20/120 = 17% chance
B or C has 40/(20 + 40 + 60) = 40/120 = 33% chance
C or B has 60/(20 + 40 + 60) = 60/120 = 50% chance
Overall, A has 17% chance, while B and C both have 41.5% chance to get the loot
Mike wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:34 pm Updated on 12 August 2017
  • As of now, you will only have a chance at getting loot from a NPC if you dealt at least 50% of the damage of the highest damage dealing player. This way, players can no longer steal loot due to the 10 August update
So yes, if you deal less than half as much damage as the person who did the most, you do indeed have 0% chance. It's sort of a halfway solution between having to deal the highest damage (like on OSRS) and being able to "steal" drops by doing 5 damage (which most players considered unfair).

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Post by Fe nis » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:04 pm

Rapsey wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:52 pm I agree that private instances should be added but you still shouldn't expect players with low-end gear to win events. It's the nature of the beast that they will be outperformed by those with the best gear.

valid and true, though yeah like raj said i don't think at that point in your pkhonor career you're too concerned (or shouldn't be, really) with placing 1st in an event as much as just being able to participate and be rewarded consistently for it, either way i do think private instances would be a benefit all around, be it in events or outside of them

the only detriment i can see is the potential of more items in the eco as a result of more people being able to get loot from a boss at any one time but on the other hand hey, everyone's always whining about how expensive stuff is right?

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:50 am

Rapsey wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:52 pm I agree that private instances should be added but you still shouldn't expect players with low-end gear to win events. It's the nature of the beast that they will be outperformed by those with the best gear.

Nelsonsng
Premium Donator

Post by Nelsonsng » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:50 am

should have an experiment to see how a f2p newplayer with abby whip + dragon defender berserker/fighter torso do and a group of 5+ chaos comp + souls tent torva players do in a god war ffa