Goodbyes for Lieven

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Monys
Forum Addict

Re: Goodbyes for Lieven

Post by Monys » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:13 pm

Lieven was one of the most knowledgeable people I have known. He never hesitated to dive into something to learn it for himself or to prove someone else wrong. One of a kind character and it is sad to see him gone. We as a community are taking a big hit losing him.

Much love, Monys (Illinois, United States)

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Markymark
Premium Donator

Post by Markymark » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:13 pm

Going through Lievens postcounts, from beginning to end, I managed to find a few noteworthy things sofar. You will be forever remembered, my friend <3

One of Lievens very first introductions:
viewtopic.php?p=74470#p74470

Second time Lieven has told us about his hospital visits:
viewtopic.php?p=101204#p101204

Lieven Married! :D
viewtopic.php?p=249877#p249877

Lieven finding out he has a brain tumor :(
viewtopic.php?t=29860

Lievens quote on God
viewtopic.php?t=31416&hilit=God+is+real&start=110
Page 12
Last edited by Markymark on Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:05 pm

This hurts. I am just coming to figure this out today. My first instinct is that this is some sort of cruel joke.
Lieven was a good person, one of the only few people who seemed to enjoy interacting with me on this server.
We would always pm each other talking about our lives, ambitions, and various community dramas.

He truly did care about this server and all those who inhabited it.
I just wish I could have said goodbye to him or spoke with him one last time.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:30 pm

Lieven, een goede vriend wiens aanwezigheid altijd vrolijkheid met zich meebracht. Hoewel we de afgelopen twee jaar iets minder contact hadden, koester ik de vele leuke momenten die we deelden tijdens het gamen, privé-chats en de meerdere chat-groepen waar wij beiden deel van uitmaakten. In het bijzonder mijn eigen appgroep met mensen van over de hele wereld waarin wij beiden erg actief in waren. Ik spreek dan waarschijnlijk ook voor deze gehele groep als ik zeg dat hij diep gemist zal worden. Rust in vrede, Lieven.

- Mark, Nederland
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:44 pm

Lieven was laid to rest today with a beautiful service. A lot of people showed up, the aula was pretty much full.

I want to thank everyone for passing on their messages of support, and confirm that they were delivered to the family. All 50 of them. A few were even read out during the service. It was clear from the atmosphere in the room that people were touched to hear the words of remembrance from around the world for this legend loved and lost, but held close to heart by all who had the privilege of knowing him.

Thank you all for your part in creating this place that was his second home, and which his loved ones can visit to feel closer to him. Thank you, Lieven, for making your way into all of our hearts.

Sam
Premium Donator

Post by Sam » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:54 pm

Oh wow I'm in shock. This is terrible news.

Lieven my brother, we shared some great memories over the years. All the way back when we were both trial moderators together which feels like so many years ago now. The good old days for sure.

Rest in peace mate.
Moderator Sam

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:39 am

Markymark wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:13 pm Going through Lievens postcounts, from beginning to end, I managed to find a few noteworthy things sofar. You will be forever remembered, my friend <3

Lieven Married! :D
viewtopic.php?p=249877#p249877
Oh my god, I didn't even remember this, thanks for digging this up hahah. I know I am too late already, but just wanted to say that I didn't really check this game for 4 years, and sadly didn't talk to Lieven for 4 years. The fact someone comes back after 4 years after hearing of Lieven's passing says enough about his contribution to many good memories. Ik hoop dat je het goed hebt daarboven maat

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:49 pm

Rest in Peace buddy. I know we'll meet again some day.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:50 pm

Dug this up, a bit of digital art Lieven made for a class one time where he and I talked about it, since I use photoshop a lot. Here's the full screenshot:
Spoiler: show
And just the cropped image:
I've upscaled it with AI below:
The squirrel-wolf/dog made me crack up. Still does