The state of UIM mode (refund-death mechanics)

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Uim legolas
Premium Donator

The state of UIM mode (refund-death mechanics)

Post by Uim legolas » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:25 pm

Kinda writing this on the spot so if you have any UIM experience, or other remarks, please add them down below, since I'm sure i'll miss out on a few things.

After years of playing and figuring out 90% of the UIM gamemode by myself, I came to realize that many mechanics have changed. Meaning myself and the few other UIM's around still pretty much have no idea about certain mechanics.

For example:

1) What is protected on death?

Since I never die ( ;) ), I can't say much out of personal experience. All I know is I kept my ring of suffering (r), assuming this is because the game sees a charged suffering as an untradeable?

This, however, is the only item I can recall not losing on death. Leaving me with many questions regarding other untradeables like, for example, comp capes (which I think you lose on death?).

2) What goes to the refund box?

Since this has been discussed before, and Rapsey got pretty upset about it, I now realize the refund box is not at all intented as any kind of storage. However, some items do currently go there, it's just very unclear, mainly because of certain changes in the past, to know what exactly goes there, and what doesn't.

Things I'm still 100% sure:
-Coins
-Wilderness sword
-Royal seed pod
-Arclight
-Slayer ring (eternal)
-Bonecrusher
-Event rewards

Things that no longer go to refund:
-E.G. cannonballs

Things I got no clue about anymore:
-Comp capes
-Nex-barrows pieces when fully degrading while having a full inventory

Now I know there are storage updates on the way, but unless those include some kind of storage for comp capes, I don't see that upcoming update change anything about the many questions above.
Sooooo.... I'm not sure if anyone higher up can give any info about these mechanics, or if I'll have to test it all out myself again and then ::refund my items because they dissapeared while I couldn't know...

Zora
Honor Player

Re: The state of UIM mode (refund-death mechanics)

Post by Zora » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:37 pm

Idk if this is common knowledge but when you suicide,you can keep your chaotic weapons or any pkp item. Drop your hp to about 10,drop the chaotic items on the floor and suicide,come pick them back up.

(I know this isnt the point of the post but i thought id share this incase some new uim woudnt know about that).