Updates loc??

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: Updates loc??

Post by Will be ok2 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:19 pm

Raj wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:36 pm
Kenneth wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:36 pm Is there any reason Nex was chosen as the next peice of content over GIM that won the pol from over a year ago? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84003
There was a git mishap at some point which led to Nex needing to be released first, and then everyone kept getting stuck on the same thing (the dash attack). I've replaced the dash attack with an alternate attack (instead of dashing through an 8 tile box, she shows an 8x3 box of GFX with the same damage and hitbox) and things are looking much better now, timeline wise.

Edit: I should add, a number of other updates are pretty much ready to go, with some minor changes needed to bring them up to date. A lot of backend systems have been improved with the Nex stuff. Everything is just bottlenecked by this one thing cause of the git thing.
Can we expect a GIM update following the nex update?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:04 am

Kenneth wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:36 pm Is there any reason Nex was chosen as the next peice of content over GIM that won the pol from over a year ago? viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84003
There was a git mishap at some point which led to Nex needing to be released first, and then everyone kept getting stuck on the same thing (the dash attack). I've replaced the dash attack with an alternate attack (instead of dashing through an 8 tile box, she shows an 8x3 box of GFX with the same damage and hitbox) and things are looking much better now, timeline wise.

Edit: I should add, a number of other updates are pretty much ready to go, with some minor changes needed to bring them up to date. A lot of backend systems have been improved with the Nex stuff. Everything is just bottlenecked by this one thing cause of the git thing.
I think I speak for everyone when I say: No one cares if nex has 100% correct mechanics. Everyone was fine with the way it was. Git Commit Git Push Git Commit Git Push Git Commit Git Push Git Commit Git Push

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:13 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:19 pm Can we expect a GIM update following the nex update?
No work has been done on GIM yet

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:36 am

Iron adam wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:04 am

I think I speak for everyone when I say: No one cares if nex has 100% correct mechanics. Everyone was fine with the way it was. Git Commit Git Push Git Commit Git Push Git Commit Git Push Git Commit Git Push
git push --force origin dev:master

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:40 am

Drop database
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:04 pm

The underdog wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:40 am Drop database
rm -rf /

Juntow
Premium Donator

Post by Juntow » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:31 pm

Mvpranger wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:48 pm The part about the pvp update being ready for release is something I heard through grapevines, so if this is not true well... Sorry I guess?

The PvP update is already ready for release, I am really curious to know why it's not getting released already. Why are we going without a huge content update for a long time again? It would make the wildy/pking scene (hopefully) active again so that a specific CC doesn't have to kill pvmers all the time. The last huge content update was CoX, and that was like a year ago already?

Also I have to agree with @The underdog on this post: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=86123&p=760057&hil ... ex#p760057 (not the summoning part). @Mike has been working on Nex for the past, idk tbh. But if we look at the results of the following poll: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85584&p=755981&hil ... an#p755981 . Nex rework got 6th place (after ToA, Group Iron Man, Paid instances, Combat Achievements and PvP Revamp), GiM was top 3 but we have never heard anything on that. Im curious to know WHY nex first, why start to rework on something that already works for the server? Why dont work on new content implementations such as finishing Combat achievement, which @Raj did a really nice job on, releasing the pvp update (big SO to @Nazuths for that one) or start on group ironman which we as community voted for?

Ty lounge
ngl nobody reading all that bro.
PkHonor's #1 Role Player and Servicer

[Verified] Fast, Efficient, Trusted Services endorsed by former and current PkHonor Staff members (Legally Binding).
⬇ ⬇ ⬇