Ancient Repair Kit Poll

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Select your choices

Add ancient repair kits to Brimstone chests, rewarding kits at comparable rates to Nex
18%
Don't add ancient repair kits to Brimstone chests
8%
Double Nex's Ancient Repair kit drops
11%
Triple Nex's Ancient Repair kit drops
9%
Don't increase Nex's Ancient Repair kit drops
7%
Drop 10 noted kits with Nex item drops
24%
Don't drop 10 noted kits with Nex item drops
1%
On death, drop the contained charges rounded down, noted
15%
On death, destroy all the contained charges, as it is now
7%

Total votes: 126

Sniper wolf
Premium Donator

Re: Ancient Repair Kit Poll

Post by Sniper wolf » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:47 am

Ephriam wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:13 am Get rid of ancient repair kits and make it so u have to break bandos to fix torva.
Yes sir! Also give torva its new stats.

Mvpranger
Premium Donator

Post by Mvpranger » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:07 am

On death, give back 75%-80% of the charges rounded down, otherwise it doesn't feel "punishing" enough when you die with it. Dropping charges with the nex items is nice to get. Double the kit drops > Triple the kit drops bc with double the amount I feel like we get enough kits already and triple the amount would be EZ scape. I don't know how I feel about adding it to the brimmy chest AND double/tripling the kit drops.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:49 pm

Sniper wolf wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:47 am
Ephriam wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:13 am Get rid of ancient repair kits and make it so u have to break bandos to fix torva.
I suppose that's something we want to poll in the near future.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:20 am

Raj wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:42 pm
Fungamer wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:36 pm It seems so arbitrary adding a whole other step which is repairing the gear again. That's not punishing, that's tedious & bad game design
So the reason it's different from like other charged items is because to charge the other charged items you just use the charging component on it rather than doing it step by step at an armour repair stand. That's the only difference between the Nex charging system and like a Blowpipe or something. Maybe another option is removing the armour stand/cons requirement, but that's another thing
What about instead of changing drop rates and making people do Nex, the armour stand could work with the ancient repair kits the same as the choatic kits?
What is it a 60-80% to not use a kit while charging?

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:52 am

Or just make it a value of x maybe 2K charges when they’re dropped on death and leave the rest be

Iron vok
Honor Player

Post by Iron vok » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:27 am

Mike wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:49 pm
This would make the very important upgrade from barrows armor almost inaccessible to newer players. These new players are terrified when they see bandos already costs 5b a set, compared to their 2-300m torags.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:42 am

Iron vok wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:27 am
Mike wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:49 pm

This would make the very important upgrade from barrows armor almost inaccessible to newer players. These new players are terrified when they see bandos already costs 5b a set, compared to their 2-300m torags.
Getting one elite drop is pretty much an upgrade for them. Killing bandos would also become a better moneymaker, even for people with bis gear already. On OSRS, bandos is quite expensive too. I don't think it'd be that big of an issue

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:54 pm

Thank you everyone for your input, based on the results we have implemented and released the following changes in today's update:
  • Ancient repair kits have been added to the Brimstone Chest drop table at rates of 1 in 6 for 1 kit, or 1 in 100 for 10 kits.
  • Nex will now drop 10 noted repair kits any time you obtain a Nex item as a drop.
  • On death, when a charged Nex item is dropped, a number of noted ancient repair kits will also be dropped equal to the charges you still had on the item, divided by 4000 and rounded down. This is equal to losing one (partially used) kit on death.
More Nex item-related polls will be set up in the near future once we start working on the new and updated Nex with its new items and the actual OSRS Nex map.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:00 pm

Mike wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:54 pm Thank you everyone for your input, based on the results we have implemented and released the following changes in today's update:
  • Ancient repair kits have been added to the Brimstone Chest drop table at rates of 1 in 6 for 1 kit, or 1 in 100 for 10 kits.
  • Nex will now drop 10 noted repair kits any time you obtain a Nex item as a drop.
  • On death, when a charged Nex item is dropped, a number of noted ancient repair kits will also be dropped equal to the charges you still had on the item, divided by 4000 and rounded down. This is equal to losing one (partially used) kit on death.
More Nex item-related polls will be set up in the near future once we start working on the new and updated Nex with its new items and the actual OSRS Nex map.
I'm curious, why don't 4k charges just get subtracted from your account (without going under 0) rather than fully uncharging the armor & dropping the kits? Seems a bit arbitrary and more tedious than punishing.

Edit: 4k being subtracted would actually be a bit more punishing since you'd lose one kit, period, rather than a partially used kit. If you're at 4001 charges and die, you'd get 1 kit back in the current system as I understand it, while you'd get actual punishment for your death if it subtracted 4k making you only have 1 charge left.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:06 pm

Fungamer wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:00 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:54 pm Thank you everyone for your input, based on the results we have implemented and released the following changes in today's update:
I'm curious, why don't 4k charges just get subtracted from your account (without going under 0) rather than fully uncharging the armor & dropping the kits? Seems a bit arbitrary and more tedious than punishing.
For one, because this allows PK'ers to actually PK someone's gear if they go into the wilderness with it. Fully uncharging the item and dropping the uncharged, tradeable item is how PK'ers can obtain Zulrah and Nex items from players in the wilderness, which otherwise wouldn't be possible (since charged items cannot be traded).

I suppose in theory it is possible to partially uncharge an item in a PvM death and drop the untradeable item, but it's a separate death mechanic that we haven't implemented for any items yet, as far as I know. Maybe in a QoL update at some point in the future. Can't really say for sure, and we'd definitely have to take all possible scenarios into consideration.