Rigour and Augury scrolls

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What should we do with the Rigour and Augury scrolls in regards to the Chambers of Xeric?

Add them as rare rewards (just like in OSRS)
2%
Add them as uncommon rewards, without taking away from the rare rewards
4%
Don't add them as rewards at all
11%
Add Rigour+ and Augury+ to boost the existing prayers with +1% attack
2%
Add Rigour+ and Augury+ to boost the existing prayers with +2% attack
76%
I have an alternative suggestion (post below)
4%
I don't have a strong opinion about this
2%

Total votes: 54

Mike
Programmer

Rigour and Augury scrolls

Post by Mike » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:40 pm

We've been thinking about the Rigour and Augury prayers, but we haven't been able to make a proper final decision so far. Therefore, I'm counting on our loyal and helpful community to help figure out what to do.

In OSRS, Rigour and Augury are unlocked through scrolls that are rare end rewards from the Chambers of Xeric (albeit more common than any other rare CoX reward). On PkHonor, these scrolls can already be obtained as drops from the Kalphite Queen and Chaos Elemental.

There are four possible choices that we have come up with so far:
  • Add the Rigour and Augury scrolls as rare Chambers of Xeric rewards (just like in OSRS).
  • Add the Rigour and Augury scrolls as uncommon Chambers of Xeric rewards, without taking away from the rare CoX rewards (effectively increasing the chance to receive any other rare item, such as the Twisted bow).
  • Don't add the Rigour or Augury scrolls as Chambers of Xeric rewards (effectively increasing the chance to receive any other rare item, such as the Twisted bow).
  • Add Rigour+ and Augury+ scrolls, which upgrade your Rigour and Augury prayers to increase your Ranged and Magic attack with another 1% or 2%. Players can only use these if they have already unlocked the "regular" Rigour and Augury prayers, keeping the existing scrolls relevant while having the scrolls from CoX as interesting additional items. The only reason I'm not too sure about this approach, is that this does not exist in OSRS and creates further inconsistencies.
What is your preferred choice? Please let us know!

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Rigour and Augury scrolls

Post by Iron adam » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:52 pm

They definitely should not be rare rewards that take the spot of a potential good item. There are too many scrolls already in the eco.

I think the easiest thing would be to just not add them. But that may confuse players coming from osrs. If they were to be added as uncommon drops, then they should be removed from kq and chaos elemental. Kq could use a buff in drops in general, but that is a whole different discussion.

The + idea is interesting.

Uim legolas
Premium Donator

Post by Uim legolas » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:04 pm

I guess I support a boost to rigour and augury, since that would motivate PKers to use the normal prayers instead of leeching with curses... 1 or 2%, I don't really know!

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:23 pm

After a semi-long consideration, I'd like to see them being uncommon rewards (white lights) (sike)
BUT, since we are on the topic of PvP, would be nice to see these rigour+ and augury+s being added to the game, as legolas said it'd add nice variety to pkers to pick from (like it currently is but on a bigger scale)
it's either KO potential with curses or outlasting with regular prayers, alongside these scrolls i think some of the underwhelming special attack weapons (AGS, claws) should be buffed a little bit to balance the damage output in PvP situations.

I also very much like the unique idea behind this, actually would value regular prayer book much more than curses in most situations, though curses is an necessity for Max cape requirements, hopefully adding these won't feel underwhelming for anyone semi-new that has recently unlocked curses.

For PvMing these scrolls would be everyone's dream presumably, and therefore i'm leaning towards them being added to the game.

This was something that i was thinking about earlier too, so the timing of this post is perfect, wouldn't make sense to add them in as purple lights since they're worth around 70m each :'D

And my dumbass forgot to mention which option, of course i'll go with the +2% :)

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:08 pm

Mike, try to research anguish and torment (pretty much the equivalent of turmoil for range and mage in the curse prayers). They will obviously be stronger than rigour and augury, and would make the curse prayer book best in slot for good. I think it would be really nice ( especially if you plan on balancing leech prayers/disabling them).

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:23 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:08 pm Mike, try to research anguish and torment (pretty much the equivalent of turmoil for range and mage in the curse prayers). They will obviously be stronger than rigour and augury, and would make the curse prayer book best in slot for good. I think it would be really nice ( especially if you plan on balancing leech prayers/disabling them).
This could be a good option if we do it right

Iron ra
Premium Donator

Post by Iron ra » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:24 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:08 pm Mike, try to research anguish and torment (pretty much the equivalent of turmoil for range and mage in the curse prayers). They will obviously be stronger than rigour and augury, and would make the curse prayer book best in slot for good. I think it would be really nice ( especially if you plan on balancing leech prayers/disabling them).
Was thinking the same thing but thought it might be a lil power creep for pvp situations

Edit: Imagine torment + bm

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:33 pm

I personally really like the Rigour+ and Augury+ prayers. Although not 1:1 to OSRS, I don't think we always need to be too wary of creating inconsistencies (as long as they are thought-out, fun and custom). In terms of consistency, I actually think that these two prayers would really be in the spirit of OSRS: players expect the prayer scrolls to drop from CoX, but since they have already been introduced I think this would be a neat addition and build on the OSRS mentality. It would also make the regular prayer book more useful.

I personally dislike the idea of adding new prayers to the Curses as @Respire1337 proposed. These are entirely custom, as they never had a place in Pre-EOC. Adding these would only make the regular spellbook - and the augury/rigour prayers - more useless. I like the idea of having a balanced use-case for each spellbook (Regular = Ranged/Magic, Cursus = PvP/Melee).

I don't think +2% should be a huge issue. But we can always rebalance it if it's too OP.

EDIT: Also I think we should make the other loot equal in droprate, even if we do or don't introduce these scrolls. And some type of upgrade to Dragon claws would also be very interesting (cosmetic or even functional), since Dragon Claws also come from CoX in OSRS.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 pm

Thoby wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:33 pm I personally really like the Rigour+ and Augury+ prayers. Although not 1:1 to OSRS, I don't think we always need to be too wary of creating inconsistencies (as long as they are thought-out, fun and custom). In terms of consistency, I actually think that these two prayers would really be in the spirit of OSRS: players expect the prayer scrolls to drop from CoX, but since they have already been introduced I think this would be a neat addition and build on the OSRS mentality. It would also make the regular prayer book more useful.

I personally dislike the idea of adding new prayers to the Curses as @Respire1337 proposed. These are entirely custom, as they never had a place in Pre-EOC. Adding these would only make the regular spellbook - and the augury/rigour prayers - more useless. I like the idea of having a balanced use-case for each spellbook (Regular = Ranged/Magic, Cursus = PvP/Melee).

I don't think +2% should be a huge issue. But we can always rebalance it if it's too OP.

EDIT: Also I think we should make the other loot equal in droprate, even if we do or don't introduce these scrolls. And some type of upgrade to Dragon claws would also be very interesting (cosmetic or even functional), since Dragon Claws also come from CoX in OSRS.
D claws g would be dope

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:09 pm

Thoby wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:33 pm EDIT: Also I think we should make the other loot equal in droprate, even if we do or don't introduce these scrolls. And some type of upgrade to Dragon claws would also be very interesting (cosmetic or even functional), since Dragon Claws also come from CoX in OSRS.
Golden claws