Chambers of Xeric progress thread

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Nickrock234
Honor Player

Re: Chambers of Xeric progress thread

Post by Nickrock234 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:14 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:57 pm Don't know, don't care.
Glad to hear you don't care. :itsatrap:
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:41 pm

Rapsey wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:49 pm
Stale fish1 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:27 am I think you and I both know what Mike's really doing... this has taken a back seat cause it's brining in less money then his current "project"
Not sure what other project you're hinting at but pkh isn't bringing in any money so obviously that means we can't spend 12 hours a day working on it. Gotta pay rent and put food on the table somehow. Pkh isn't capable of doing that so it's now just a hobby project in our spare time. It's basically charity work.
So basically if donations go down and he cant manage to get the funds himself to keep the server up it'd be shut down?

oh also
Vasa Nistirio
Vanguards
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:11 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:41 pm So basically if donations go down and he cant manage to get the funds himself to keep the server up it'd be shut down?
Right now every cent PkHonor makes goes into upkeep and advertisement. If donations go down further then we reduce advertisement further, which is unfortunately a vicious cycle . If they keep dropping even after advertisement reaches zero then we might be able to shave off little bits here and there by cutting corners (like moving to slower / less reliable hardware or completely dropping all DDoS protection). But yes, if donations drop below the absolute bare minimum expenses then we're not going to use our personal savings to keep the server online for the rest of our lives. I'd think that would be obvious. At that point we would probably pay for another 6 months out of our own pockets and give notice to the community, so that anyone who still choses to donate knows that there is no guarantee they will be able to enjoy the fruits of their donation for a long time.

None of this is going to happen anytime soon but anyway, that's the scenario we envision in case PkHonor dies a financial death. I think it's mostly common sense.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:25 pm

Rapsey wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:11 pm
Thearlygamer wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:41 pm So basically if donations go down and he cant manage to get the funds himself to keep the server up it'd be shut down?
Right now every cent PkHonor makes goes into upkeep and advertisement. If donations go down further then we reduce advertisement further, which is unfortunately a vicious cycle . If they keep dropping even after advertisement reaches zero then we might be able to shave off little bits here and there by cutting corners (like moving to slower / less reliable hardware or completely dropping all DDoS protection). But yes, if donations drop below the absolute bare minimum expenses then we're not going to use our personal savings to keep the server online for the rest of our lives. I'd think that would be obvious. At that point we would probably pay for another 6 months out of our own pockets and give notice to the community, so that anyone who still choses to donate knows that there is no guarantee they will be able to enjoy the fruits of their donation for a long time.

None of this is going to happen anytime soon but anyway, that's the scenario we envision in case PkHonor dies a financial death. I think it's mostly common sense.
I'm going to send you a PM real quick if you don't mind just giving me your input
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Uim killerb
Premium Donator

Post by Uim killerb » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:41 am

idk if this is the right post to say this.
but we need a vote shop for ironmans mabye just cosmetic of exex or something.
since there is a hugh player base of irons that dosent vote

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:54 am

Uim killerb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:41 am idk if this is the right post to say this.
its not

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:09 am

Iron adam wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:54 am
Uim killerb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:41 am idk if this is the right post to say this.
its not
L00000000000000L

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:20 am

PM me a month before release so I can be sick at work, k thanx @Thoby

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:48 am

Kenneth wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:20 am PM me a month before release so I can be sick at work, k thanx @Thoby
But then you’ll just be out of sick days when it actually releases?

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:08 pm

Raj wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:48 am
Kenneth wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:20 am PM me a month before release so I can be sick at work, k thanx @Thoby
But then you’ll just be out of sick days when it actually releases?
He doesn't actually work

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor