30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm

Since the outcome of this poll already seems quite clear, Ultimate Ironman Mode players will be able to participate in all bonus XP events as of now. This includes the 50% bonus XP weekend that starts tomorrow. Just like for all other game modes, no skills are excluded from the bonus XP event.

There are also a couple of bugfixes included in this update:
  • A bug has been fixed where collection log entries would appear as nulled or as a different item (and with completely wrong amounts) as soon as you obtained 255 or more of a certain item.
  • Ironman Mode players now have the contents of their own hard, elite and master clue caskets added to the collection log (the collection log of non-ironman mode players has not been affected by this). These logs have not yet been prefilled with items obtained in the past, however. We will try to do so in the near future.
  • Ancient ceremonial robes items have been removed from Nex's collection log, since Nex does not actually drop those items.
  • The collection log entries for the dragon platebody pieces from implings have been fixed.
  • You can now attack the respiratory system at the Abyssal Sire again. Pathfinding toward the sleeping Sire has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward him.
  • You can now craft body, mind and cosmic runes at the appropriate rifts in the abyss. The maps where these three altars stood are completely bugged (or may have been moved elsewhere by Jagex), so removing the teleport to the altars and allowing players to craft runes at the rifts in the Abyss instead seemed like the most appropriate solution for now.
  • You can no longer attack Verzik Vitur from behind a pillar. Pathfinding toward Verzik Vitur on the throne has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward her.
  • Pathfinding toward Pest Control portals has been improved.
  • Pest Control NPC's can now attack the void knight again.
  • TzTok-Jad's animations have been fixed.

Ain
Unstoppable

Re: 30 July Updates: bonus XP events for UIM, bugfixes

Post by Ain » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 pm

Mike wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm You can now attack the respiratory system at the Abyssal Sire again. Pathfinding toward the sleeping Sire has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward him.
Has Sire been fixed so that it spawns consistently?

Good bug fixes :)

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:47 pm

:thumbsup:

Always happy to see posts by Mike.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:48 pm

Patel wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:47 pm :thumbsup:

Always happy to see posts by Mike.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Always happy to see posts by Mike and Patel.

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Ain wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 pm
Mike wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm You can now attack the respiratory system at the Abyssal Sire again. Pathfinding toward the sleeping Sire has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward him.
Has Sire been fixed so that it spawns consistently?

Good bug fixes :)
That's something that we haven't managed to fix, since it's nigh impossible for us to reproduce the bug so far.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Mike wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm [*] You can no longer attack Verzik Vitur from behind a pillar. Pathfinding toward Verzik Vitur on the throne has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward her.
This seems like the same bug the PC portals have ( Are these fixed as well?)

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Legendary, thank you @Mike
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm
Mike wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:36 pm [*] You can no longer attack Verzik Vitur from behind a pillar. Pathfinding toward Verzik Vitur on the throne has also been improved so your character will now properly walk toward her.
Weird, I know there was a problem with their pathing on the test server, but I thought that were fixed.

Either way, it's possible that the bugfix for Verzik Vitur and the Abyssal Sire also fixed the PC portals, but I can't be sure. Can someone test to confirm that the PC portals are fine now?

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:08 am

Mike wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:54 pm
Thierryu1 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pm
Weird, I know there was a problem with their pathing on the test server, but I thought that were fixed.

Either way, it's possible that the bugfix for Verzik Vitur and the Abyssal Sire also fixed the PC portals, but I can't be sure. Can someone test to confirm that the PC portals are fine now?
Tested it with @Nazuths and it works fine now!

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:24 am

Mike wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:49 pmThat's something that we haven't managed to fix, since it's nigh impossible for us to reproduce the bug so far.
Last time (the only time) this happened to me I was having trouble finding the path to sire so I ran around in the area outside the sire lair (map coordinates 3040,4780. I can't get in rn because no task). Like run around in that area (or just afk because dev life) before the path for about 10 minutes, the sire should stop spawning after the first kill. At least last time that's what I think caused it for me.

After testing with Thierryu1 just now, waiting 10 minutes caused it to not even spawn the first time. So possibly waiting some amount of time less than that will give a limited number of spawns.