Cache update bughunter contest

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: Cache update bughunter contest

Post by Mike » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:52 pm

Thanks a lot for all these bug reports, looks like the main issues right now are the Nylocas room, GWD Nex room, a couple of pathfinding glitches and several player animations that are broken.

I'm sure the Nylocas room, GWD Nex room and pathing bugs will be easy to fix, but I haven't been succesful in fixing the player animations yet. It looks like Jagex recently did an overhaul of many player animations and after several hours I still haven't managed to make them work like they used to. It'll probably take a couple of days before I have this one figured out and properly fixed.

Deadlydata
Premium Donator

Post by Deadlydata » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:41 am

Looks like the rope to climb down to the Saradomin God Wars room is the same as the Nex rope whereby it doesn't work as mentioned in my previous post about the Nex room.

Deadlydata
Premium Donator

Post by Deadlydata » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:33 pm

Not sure if this is a feature of the test server or a bug but I have been able to teleport in combat without runes.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:47 pm

One of em missing player animations.
#Justice4Church

Joepie
Honor Player

Post by Joepie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:37 pm

-Casting vengeance causes the character to glitch.

-Many npc's have a static animation, for example at the ::shops Mandrith moves, but many just stand still. Butler in POH looks really strange when following you as well.

-not sure if it's test-server related, but slayer level required tasks are blocked at the slayer master. Such as Cerberus and Abyssal Sire
edit: this is ofcourse because I have no slayer streak. Oops
Last edited by Joepie on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:39 pm

Many things like the slash animation of weapons like korasi/longswords/adze/warhammer etc. But yeah ig you're working on those.
#Justice4Church

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Quick question, have you managed to get the working models for our beloved lava dragons? Or are you going to not touch them at all?

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:13 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:39 pm Quick question, have you managed to get the working models for our beloved lava dragons? Or are you going to not touch them at all?
nice premium crown

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:21 pm

Update: since I haven't managed to fix all the bugs yet, and new bugs are still being reported, I have decided to extend the bughunter contest with another 7 days. I've also fixed all the bugs that have been reported, but you will have to download a new testclient at https://client.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_testclient.zip in order to play on the test server (and test the bugfixes).

Bugs that have been fixed (but should be tested again):
- All attack animations, hunter animations, NPC animations and vengeance animation have been fixed
- The gap in the hedge at the woodcutting skilling area has been fixed so you can pass through it again
- The client no longer crashes when entering the Nylocas room in ToB
- You will now properly walk toward the pest control portals when attacking them
- You can enter the Nex and Saradomin rooms again at GWD
- You can no longer operate levers at a distance

Bughunter contest points awarded:
Thierryu1 (missing IGN) - 2 points for broken animations
Bzink00 (missing IGN) - 2 points for not being able to walk through the hedge at the woodcutting skilling area
Donut man1 (luky911) - 2 points for not being able to properly walk towards PC portals
Donut man1 (luky911) - 3 points for not being able to enter Nex or Saradomin room at GWD
Thierryu1 (missing IGN) - 4 points for client crashing at Nylocas room in ToB
Thierryu1 (missing IGN) - 3 points for being able to operate levers at a distance
Joepie (missing IGN) - 1 point for bugged vengeance animation

Donut man1 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:55 pm at the crafting guild where you can mine there is random ledge's that you can click to jump over but you can't actually jump over and it blocks you from moving
I can't find any such "random ledges" at the crafting guild. Is it possible to post a screenshot where they are clearly visible?
Thierryu1 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:53 am If you are in a party at cox and your leader logs out in the cox chambers your character cant move. If u log out as well and log back in you will spawn in a void.
Thank you for reporting this bug, although Chambers of Xeric is still a work in progress and is actually not a part of the upcoming update, therefore no points are awarded for any CoX-related bugs that are reported in this contest. The reason you can access CoX on the testserver is because the minigame has been enabled on that server for developing purposes.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:39 pm

Deadlydata wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:33 pm Not sure if this is a feature of the test server or a bug but I have been able to teleport in combat without runes.
Quite sure that's a feature.