Armadyl - Kree'arra - Community bossing event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Est killer2
Premium Donator

Re: Armadyl - Kree'arra - Community bossing event

Post by Est killer2 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:24 pm

Rapsey wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:42 pm
Vissy wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:05 pm Any chance of recieving a reward as I should have been in the top 10? But ya know, iron life...
Well the event isn't over yet so who's in the top 10 still remains to be seen.

I do not believe it would be fair to let irons compete in the top 10 though, or to even compare their damage totals to those of regular players. The fact that irons have a boss all to themselves gives them a huge advantage. An ironman can do damage continuously until the boss is dead before having to wait for it to respawn. Regular players can often only get 1 hit in before having to wait that same respawn duration. So an ironman might be able to reach the same damage total as a regular player in half the time.
True that, that is why it would be nice to have iron man pvmleaderboard too. Rewards don't have to be op item rewards, instead useful supplies for iron, bones, gold bars maho, potions and instead of top 10, do top 5.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:42 pm

Est killer2 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:24 pm True that, that is why it would be nice to have iron man pvmleaderboard too. Rewards don't have to be op item rewards, instead useful supplies for iron, bones, gold bars maho, potions and instead of top 10, do top 5.
To be honest I think the participation rewards are already quite huge for irons, considering the time it would normally take them to obtain these items. A leaderboard for bragging rights, sure, but I don't think we should start throwing even more supplies at them.

EDIT: Also, the main purpose of these community events is to bring a sense of activity to the server by bringing people together. Encouraging people to go hide in an instance for 7 days straight kinda does the opposite.

Stonewall
Honor Player

Post by Stonewall » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:07 am

Rapsey wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:42 pm
Est killer2 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:24 pm True that, that is why it would be nice to have iron man pvmleaderboard too. Rewards don't have to be op item rewards, instead useful supplies for iron, bones, gold bars maho, potions and instead of top 10, do top 5.
To be honest I think the participation rewards are already quite huge for irons, considering the time it would normally take them to obtain these items. A leaderboard for bragging rights, sure, but I don't think we should start throwing even more supplies at them.

EDIT: Also, the main purpose of these community events is to bring a sense of activity to the server by bringing people together. Encouraging people to go hide in an instance for 7 days straight kinda does the opposite.
Allowing multiple people to share accounts to boost positions for leaderboards kills the vibe. @Simon2012 :lol:

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:18 am

Stonewall wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:07 am
Rapsey wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:42 pm

Allowing multiple people to share accounts to boost positions for leaderboards kills the vibe. @Simon2012 :lol:
Two wrongs don't make a right. No need to add another venue for potential abuse because there's already another one.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:30 am

Stonewall wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:07 am Allowing multiple people to share accounts to boost positions for leaderboards kills the vibe. @Simon2012 :lol:
Nor is it fair to let people share accounts or have services done to boost their position in the highscores but everyone seems to be fine with that.

If there was a good way we could prevent or detect it we probably would. Unfortunately we can't disqualify people just because their IP's change, and even then it wouldn't be too hard for two people to share the same proxy and appear as one. My home router has a VPN server built-in for example, I could let anyone play from my home IP if I wanted to (and even if you don't have a router like that you can always run a VPN server on your own PC).

The only other thing you could do is say "hmm I don't believe you played 18 hours a day" but you'd be surprised at how dedicated some people can be (or how little sleep they need).

The silver lining is that when two players team up and combine efforts they also need to split the reward between them. So I think we just need to be careful not to make the #1 reward like twice as good as the #2 etc. Until now we've always dome a very gradual increase in the rewards so I suspect two people would actually get more rewards by competing separately than if they do it on one account, at least when going for the very top. If neither one would make it into the top 10 without combining efforts then it'd still be worthwhile.

Stonewall
Honor Player

Post by Stonewall » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:08 pm

Rapsey wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:30 am
Stonewall wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:07 am Allowing multiple people to share accounts to boost positions for leaderboards kills the vibe. @Simon2012 :lol:
Nor is it fair to let people share accounts or have services done to boost their position in the highscores but everyone seems to be fine with that.

If there was a good way we could prevent or detect it we probably would. Unfortunately we can't disqualify people just because their IP's change, and even then it wouldn't be too hard for two people to share the same proxy and appear as one. My home router has a VPN server built-in for example, I could let anyone play from my home IP if I wanted to (and even if you don't have a router like that you can always run a VPN server on your own PC).

The only other thing you could do is say "hmm I don't believe you played 18 hours a day" but you'd be surprised at how dedicated some people can be (or how little sleep they need).

The silver lining is that when two players team up and combine efforts they also need to split the reward between them. So I think we just need to be careful not to make the #1 reward like twice as good as the #2 etc. Until now we've always dome a very gradual increase in the rewards so I suspect two people would actually get more rewards by competing separately than if they do it on one account, at least when going for the very top. If neither one would make it into the top 10 without combining efforts then it'd still be worthwhile.
It's easy to tell when they straight admit it though. ;)And they said it multiple times in-game to everyone including staff. They even said they asked you personally @Rapsey and that you said it was fine.
I'm not too worried about, still took 3rd while barely losing to someone having his brother play for him while he slept and worked/vice versa.
Was a fun event though.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:34 pm

Stonewall wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:08 pm
Rapsey wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:30 am

It's easy to tell when they straight admit it though. ;)And they said it multiple times in-game to everyone including staff. They even said they asked you personally @Rapsey and that you said it was fine.
I'm not too worried about, still took 3rd while barely losing to someone having his brother play for him while he slept and worked/vice versa.
Was a fun event though.
So what is the point you're trying to make?

Punish those who admit to it , since proving it is impossible, meaning those who do it and not talk about it get away without consequences?
Dunno man. How things are right now are fine and definitely wont change unless a better system is discussed and turns out to actually be way better.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Stonewall wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:08 pm It's easy to tell when they straight admit it though. ;)And they said it multiple times in-game to everyone including staff. They even said they asked you personally @Rapsey and that you said it was fine.
Was a fun event though.
True but that's only because it is allowed. No need to deny or try to hide it. That's why I prefer this approach, that way it's all above board. If we made it illegal it'd probably still happen except no one would know about it.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:41 pm

Ye gave out runite dragonstone bolts instead of dragon dragonstone bolts btw

Ely
Honor Player

Post by Ely » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:48 pm

The rewards for the top 10 regular players have been handed out!

Code: Select all

1)	Seamz 		524,742 Damage
2)	Simon2012 	496,595 Damage
3)	P V M Roo 	479,410 Damage
4)	Billyx 		292,453 Damage
5)	Mr nobody 	257,230 Damage
6)	Rambo h1ts 	199,200 Damage
7)	Candy bars 	189,888 Damage
8)	Attack like 	134,290 Damage
9)	Akuizm 		115,878 Damage
10)	Meka fol 	 87,250 Damage
The rewards for the personal goals have also been handed out.

189 players managed to reach the personal goal.

In total 30,996 Kree'arra's have been killed, which equals 7,734,799 total damage. :thumbsup: