Infinite run energy in Raids

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should we remove infinite run in raids?

No, keep infinite run in the Chambers of Xeric
44%
Yes, remove infinite run in the Chambers of Xeric
7%
No, keep infinite run in the Theatre of Blood
44%
Yes, remove infinite run in the Theatre of Blood
5%

Total votes: 131

Mike
Programmer

Infinite run energy in Raids

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:18 am

As soon as you hit 99 agility, you have infinite run. However, as pointed out by one of our players, one important mechanic about the Chambers of Xeric (most specifically the Great Olm room) is being able to outrun the special attacks that are being thrown at you. Having infinite run makes this easier as you don't have to worry about conserving your run energy or bringing stamina potions.

Not having infinite run inside the Chambers of Xeric (and possibly also the Theatre of Blood) may be an annoyance, but it's also an important mechanic in OSRS that makes the raids all the more challenging. Then again, we're still an RSPS and we don't necessarily need to be exactly like OSRS if the players feel it's more enjoyable.

The choice is yours!

Isaac
Honor Player

Re: Infinite run energy in Raids

Post by Isaac » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:22 am

Voted no to both because we are a private server. Many people don't raid as it is, no reason to give them another reason not to.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:55 am

Infinite run is useful for those who try to do solo raids (which is a huge challenge on its own.) usually they take 1-2 stamina potions with them to run olm. You don't need stamina potions if you do raids with 3+ people in there.
There are only 1-2 sips of stamina used at ToB (P3 Verzik) so I shouldn't bother adding a limit there.

Perhaps give them an option to have infinite run disabled (enabled by default) and give them a 5% extra chance or so for a drop when completing a raid with infinite run disabled ?

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:04 pm

Nah no need. Remove it for challenge mode if/when that's released.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:56 pm

Treehugger wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:04 pm Nah no need. Remove it for challenge mode if/when that's released.
Worth considering, although I'd still poll it for the challenge mode anyway.

Crazyboy298
Rookie

Post by Crazyboy298 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Mike wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:18 am As soon as you hit 99 agility, you have infinite run. However, as pointed out by one of our players, one important mechanic about the Chambers of Xeric (most specifically the Great Olm room) is being able to outrun the special attacks that are being thrown at you. Having infinite run makes this easier as you don't have to worry about conserving your run energy or bringing stamina potions.

Not having infinite run inside the Chambers of Xeric (and possibly also the Theatre of Blood) may be an annoyance, but it's also an important mechanic in OSRS that makes the raids all the more challenging. Then again, we're still an RSPS and we don't necessarily need to be exactly like OSRS if the players feel it's more enjoyable.

The choice is yours!
this is good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rgh
Honor Player

Post by Rgh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Mike wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:56 pm
Treehugger wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:04 pm Nah no need. Remove it for challenge mode if/when that's released.
Worth considering, although I'd still poll it for the challenge mode anyway.
Will stamina potions be introduced if this is considered? All fun and games until ur the one running melee hand with 0 run energy :doge:

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Yes. Also remove it in wildy and other (future) bosses that require the player to run around. Allows us to sprint and tele all across the world for most clues and bosses but keeps the energy management a thing where it matters. Stamina potions would be a big requirement for any sort of infinite run energy to go away though.

Tnc jordan
Honor Player

Post by Tnc jordan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:32 pm

I'm not going to vote simply because it's a difficult choice. I like infinite energy but I also like the idea of the challenge.
However, if I had to vote on one then I will vote for the no options. Sure removing it will be more challenging, but it also will add another level of annoyance on top of the bigger issue that is pathing. With that being said, we should take along pathing when we're talking about run energy. It could make or break the experience especially for players who grind raids.
Andres wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:55 am Perhaps give them an option to have infinite run disabled (enabled by default) and give them a 5% extra chance or so for a drop when completing a raid with infinite run disabled ?
Support

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:21 pm

Lieven wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:33 pm Yes. Also remove it in wildy and other (future) bosses that require the player to run around. Allows us to sprint and tele all across the world for most clues and bosses but keeps the energy management a thing where it matters. Stamina potions would be a big requirement for any sort of infinite run energy to go away though.
No need to sap the fun out of a private server