29 February Updates: bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

29 February Updates: bugfixes

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:57 pm

While I keep working on the basics of the Chambers of Xeric, I've released a couple of bugfixes today to address some of the most important bugs that have popped up recently.
  • Pathing code related to following has been reverted to what it was before the Alchemical Hydra update.
  • Bracelet of slaugher (b), expeditious bracelet (b), eternal gem and eternal ring now go to the refund box for free when lost on death.
  • The overall rate at which players can receive Brimstone keys has been lowered. The rate will also be even lower when you have a slayer streak less than 15 (lowered by 75% if you have a streak of 0).
  • You can now unlock the expeditious enchantment when you have an expeditious bracelet (b) on your account. The same with the slaughtered enchantment.
  • A bug has been fixed that allowed players to receive disproportionate amounts of tokkul and PkHonor points by entering and leaving the TzHaar fight caves very quickly after unlocking the TzHaar-Skiphus slayer perk at level 3 or higher. As of now, you will only receive Tokkul and PkHonor Points for the amount of waves you actually did. If you received too many Tokkul as a result of this bug, please report this to one of our staff members. Those who gathered a lot of wealth by abusing this bug without reporting it may have their account banned.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: 29 February Updates: bugfixes

Post by Iron adam » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:16 pm

Good to see more bug fixes. What is the reason for lowering the drop rate on Brimstone key? I know a lot of players really enjoyed this content and I hope this doesn't make it dead.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Iron adam wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:16 pm Good to see more bug fixes. What is the reason for lowering the drop rate on Brimstone key? I know a lot of players really enjoyed this content and I hope this doesn't make it dead.
Apparently, there are ways to significantly increase the rate at which you get Brimstone key drops in ways that were not intended. As of yet, we don't know of all the ways this has been used, but lowering the overall rate seemed like the safest choice for now. Once we identify all the ways in which players manage to get significant increases in key drops (and make adjustments where needed), we can increase the drop rate again.

As is often the case, you have the abusers to thank for us having to make something harder to get for everyone.

Abood172
Premium Donator

Post by Abood172 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:34 pm

can we get brimstone keys prices at slayer shop lowered since the drop rate is now lowered?

Attack like
Honor Player

Post by Attack like » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:04 pm

Abood172 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:34 pm can we get brimstone keys prices at slayer shop lowered since the drop rate is now lowered?
I’m interested to see what would happened if they were lowered key price, because before drop rate it was 100% not worth it to buy keys out of the shops.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:41 pm

Mike wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:21 pm As of yet, we don't know of all the ways this has been used
From what I have heard, people were skipping tasks until they get a barrage task like dust devils. They finished the task quickly, extended it and did it again, and then skipped tasks until they got it again.
So maybe the best solution is to have a minimum streak requirement to get brimstone keys as a drop. Whether that is 3 or 15 or whatever.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:05 pm

Iron adam wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:41 pm From what I have heard, people were skipping tasks until they get a barrage task like dust devils. They finished the task quickly, extended it and did it again, and then skipped tasks until they got it again.
So maybe the best solution is to have a minimum streak requirement to get brimstone keys as a drop. Whether that is 3 or 15 or whatever.
I doubt that would do much considering skipping tasks is so cheap. If you have some points saved up you can do it hundreds or even 1000+ times in a row. Should probably also bring the maximum cost to skip tasks back to what it was before it was lowered.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:18 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:05 pm
Iron adam wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:41 pm From what I have heard, people were skipping tasks until they get a barrage task like dust devils. They finished the task quickly, extended it and did it again, and then skipped tasks until they got it again.
I doubt that would do much considering skipping tasks is so cheap. If you have some points saved up you can do it hundreds or even 1000+ times in a row. Should probably also bring the maximum cost to skip tasks back to what it was before it was lowered.
I think the droprate of the keys was fine before, so any solution that could potentially get it back to where it was would be quite nice.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:23 pm

I agree the drop rates were not OP before. I used the skip task method to keep skipping hard tasks to give me dust devils as they clump really nicely and can be killed mega quick. This also meant all I killed was Dust Devils, which drop nothing of value (apart from the key keys and Superior drops) for some very average but AFKable gains in slayer and magic experience, and slayer points. To me there's nothing wrong with this method, and the drop rates were not in need of a nerf.

Now I'll have to burn through slayer points to get good tasks, skipping Ancient Warriors, Rangers and Mages to the sound of a negative gain in slayer points...

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:30 pm

Rapsey wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:05 pm I doubt that would do much considering skipping tasks is so cheap. If you have some points saved up you can do it hundreds or even 1000+ times in a row. Should probably also bring the maximum cost to skip tasks back to what it was before it was lowered.
They were doing it without keeping their streak, so free to skip. Especially with the new interface, it is as quick as this.

Church wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:18 pm I think the droprate of the keys was fine before, so any solution that could potentially get it back to where it was would be quite nice.
I agree. I was averaging about 1 key per task which seemed reasonable.