Laggy client (only client)

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Nickrock234
Honor Player

Laggy client (only client)

Post by Nickrock234 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:46 pm

Heyyo!

I have had a problem with the client starting yesterday - 1/8/2020. The client seems to be slow and sluggish, almost like if the client refresh rate was at about 30fps. A small majority of my click are dead clicks, and it's tough to play without doing a lot of spam clicking to get some of my movements to get recognised.

Any reason how I might be able to remedy this issue?
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: Laggy client (only client)

Post by Will be ok2 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:53 pm

Side note:

I typically run 4 clients with 0 lag, as the only thing I use my laptop for is pkhonor and emailing for business. Since the release of hydra I’ve had several times where clients are laggy so I’ll single log and still be extremely lagging. Along with the fact that the “Loading - please wait” screen can also take up to 4-5 seconds to load or for my screen to become active again.
Along with all of this I’ve had friends experience dc’s who have never dc’d previously.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:39 pm

I cant even open a second client. It instantly says "error connecting to server". AKA i cant multilog.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:19 am

I noticed some frame rate issues at one point also which went away when I restarted the client but may or may not be related

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:20 am

Note: The client is only laggy when in the "Fixed" mode. Resizable and fullscreen are not laggy.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

Rgh
Honor Player

Post by Rgh » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:03 pm

I've noticed this client lag everywhere after the hydra update, makes most content unplayable. Pc isn't the issue as runelite runs flawlessly, haven't tried going in fullscreen or resizable as I enjoy playing fixed more. Pls help

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:59 am

The issue seems to have resolved at the present.

Greyan
Premium Donator

Post by Greyan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:06 pm

i just tried to make it to level 40 wave at zombie minigame, and after 10 waves my client froze, so i restarted it and survived and was still in the minigame, after another 8-10 rounds it happened again, it started with a few secounds delay to full freeze, but i waited for around 20-30 secounds and my client started lagging again, but i could still play befor it went back to normal, when i was at level 35 my game froze for over a minute and i died after spending over 3 hours in the minigame, and i had 2 clients on at the same time, my 2nd account had 0 lag or any freezing
feels really sad to waste so much time for nothing
ps: i was still talking to my friends in discord and i was still watching netflix

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/ext ... 2a-png.jpg

2nd try:

i borrowed my friends account to duo in there, both my clients froze at level 23-25, his account died at level 25 due to a freeze longer than 1 minute, but my main survived and i didn't get a freeze after that

7 hours later
https://gyazo.com/10eecb603ba771e3e598e78c8ec9c9c1

Nickrock234
Honor Player

Post by Nickrock234 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:12 am

Greyan wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:06 pm i just tried to make it to level 40 wave at zombie minigame, and after 10 waves my client froze, so i restarted it and survived and was still in the minigame, after another 8-10 rounds it happened again, it started with a few secounds delay to full freeze, but i waited for around 20-30 secounds and my client started lagging again, but i could still play befor it went back to normal, when i was at level 35 my game froze for over a minute and i died after spending over 3 hours in the minigame, and i had 2 clients on at the same time, my 2nd account had 0 lag or any freezing
feels really sad to waste so much time for nothing
ps: i was still talking to my friends in discord and i was still watching netflix

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/ext ... 2a-png.jpg

2nd try:

i borrowed my friends account to duo in there, both my clients froze at level 23-25, his account died at level 25 due to a freeze longer than 1 minute, but my main survived and i didn't get a freeze after that

7 hours later
https://gyazo.com/10eecb603ba771e3e598e78c8ec9c9c1
Damn, 7 hours. At least you got it completed! ^,^

I'm not sure if there are some instability issues that made their way through with the last update, but I hope they get resolved.