Rare item Christmas sale

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Mike » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:56 pm

Although the development of the Alchemical Hydra itself is done and the boss has been properly tested by the community (or so I hope), there's still some work to do in order to add the rest of the Karuulm slayer dungeon, along with a proper way to craft the Ferocious gloves from Hydra leather.
This is further offset by the numerous mandatory family gatherings this time of year from which there is no escaping. I was initially hoping to release the dungeon this week, but I'm afraid the release will have to be postponed to next week.

In the meantime, we are organizing a rare item Christmas sale. Three ultra rare items are put up for sale in our donator store. There is no time limit on the sale, but we are only selling a limited amount, similar to our white apron sale several months ago. There's a good chance that we will sell these items again in the future, but we guarantee that we won't be selling any of them for six months after the last item in the store has been sold.

The items are as follows:
10x Image Wooden shield for 75,000 donator credits each.
5x Image Bag of grain for 100,000 donator credits each.
10x Image Cape of legends for 150,000 donator credits each.

This update also includes two fixes for bugs that were reportedly being abused by players. I included them with this update because they were rather urgent, other bugfixes will follow soon with the Alchemical Hydra release. Several more bugfixes will be included with the slayer expansion update which is planned shortly after the Alchemical Hydra.

The bugfixes are as follows:
  • Dying will now properly reset all antifire, antipoison and antivenom potion effects
  • You can no longer set up a dwarf multicannon at Zulrah

Waaeeel
Premium Donator

Re: Rare item Christmas sale

Post by Waaeeel » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:19 pm

Not a bad sale at all, wish i keept the 10k Donor creds that i had, would have donated for more just to get that cape :O

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:32 am

Why can't I donate for 150,000 donator credits, the cap is 100,000. Pls fix bug I just pulled a mortgage and need to spend asap.
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Lykos wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:32 am Why can't I donate for 150,000 donator credits, the cap is 100,000. Pls fix bug I just pulled a mortgage and need to spend asap.
Because at a certain point PayPal starts flagging transactions and holding them for review. Better to do 2 instant payments than to do 1 big payment and have to wait for a week for it to go through (during which your money is stuck).

I've increased it to 150K now. We'll see how it goes.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:04 pm

Am I the only one that thinks 150k is too cheap or 100k for a grain is too expensive? 50K difference between legends and grain seems off.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:47 pm

Thierryu1 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:04 pm Am I the only one that thinks 150k is too cheap or 100k for a grain is too expensive? 50K difference between legends and grain seems off.
Not when you consider that the difference is like 300 euros when donating for it

Some rich people will be able to get new players to donate and not need to donate themselves, and potentially see a nice ROI. But tbh i don't think it's a bad thing. I personally would've loved to see how auctioning these rare items off would work for their price & money earned for the server, but I also believe Rapsey and Mike really know what they're doing because they've been staying true to their morals and didn't screw with the eco for like 10 years now while not trying to "milk" the server.

This may look a bit more like "milking" since the items are so expensive considering what it'd cost IRL, but who cares tbh. They're cosmetic items, the server probably actually needs the money (instead of the money purely going into their pockets) and the prices likely wont be screwed. It'd be a foolish move to not do the sale in the calculated way as it's being done now.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:04 pm

although this is a type of “money grab” it is also very beneficial to the server. They recently secured a top spot on one of the RSPS top lists and it shows because pkh has seen more players online then we have in awhile, I personally would hate to run a server, work hard on it to never see some type of return.

As for the legends @ 150K and grains @ 100K

Keep in mind, legends cost a lot on market value, however, there are 100-200 legends in the eco currently,
Grains are currently one the more rare items in game with only 8 in the eco prior to the 5 being released.
With that being said what do you think that rapsey is trying to make happen here? He releases 10 wooden s and 10 legends but only 5 grains. He’s going to maintain the rarity of grains to make sure they remain one of the most expensive items. They are not extremely sought after but still hold great value for the shear fact that there is very limited amounts currently. In comparison to legends where there is a fair amount of them in game but they are very sought after. I was actually pretty taken back by how smart rapsey did this, however I still think 10 legends is to many along with woodens being to many.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:56 pm

how much is 150,000 credits

edit: oh fucking hell $1k

Dds4theko
Premium Donator

Post by Dds4theko » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:02 pm

so everyone who worked hard to buy those rares before you decided to release them is just supposed to take the 1t+ lose of value on there rares eh.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Dds4theko wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:02 pm so everyone who worked hard to buy those rares before you decided to release them is just supposed to take the 1t+ lose of value on there rares eh.
No need to prevent hundreds of different players from getting a legends cape just because there's a few wankers who refuse to sell them.

Legends cape is/was an investment. Doesn't mean it's a risk free investment lmfao. It's so funny how some people expect to only see profits on those big items. Mike and Rapsey wont make them worthless but that doesn't mean they're only gonna go up in prices.
The only people who are really upset over this own a legends cape (or were close to finally buying one at an unreasonable price) and are somehow always part of the vocal minority holding back progress out of fear of not being as rich compared to everyone else. Shame on you.