Alchemical Hydra released on the testserver!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Alchemical Hydra released on the testserver!

Post by Mike » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:26 pm

There's still some work to do before we can release this new piece of content on our live server (check out my developer blog for the current work in progress), but at least I've already managed to finish all the mechanics of the Alchemical Hydra so far. Hop on to our test server to have a go at it!

I've enabled an Alchemical Hydra event on the test server so that anyone can enter and fight the new boss without requiring a slayer task. Please report any bugs on this thread, so that I can fix them ahead of the release on our live server.

Keep in mind it doesn't have any drops yet, the dungeon does not have a boots of stone requirement so far and we still need to add all the other Karuulm Slayer dungeon NPCs.

Fungamer
Developer

Re: Alchemical Hydra released on the testserver!

Post by Fungamer » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:14 pm

*click* noice

Joepie
Honor Player

Post by Joepie » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:41 pm

Awesome! I admire the current steady flow of news and updates! The ToB and Zeah content feel like such huge projects to code and with loads of glitches or bugs..

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:25 am

The hydra sometimes doesn't enter its final phase, no fire spawns and the boss doesn't move to the center of the room.

The Aggro timing and range isn't correct, upon spawning it paths around the geysers instead of through them.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Kenneth = sex

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:40 am

When crossing the first rock if you are not standing directly in front of it you will get stuck.
Crossing at X: 1310 Y: 10214 or X: 1313 Y: 10214 will get you stuck.
Spoiler: show
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:12 pm

Kenneth wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:25 am The hydra sometimes doesn't enter its final phase, no fire spawns and the boss doesn't move to the center of the room.

The Aggro timing and range isn't correct, upon spawning it paths around the geysers instead of through them.
I'm not sure what you mean, can you elaborate on what exactly is happening (and under what circumstances)? With the info you've given me, I'm afraid I can't reproduce the issues just yet.
[Edit] I've just managed to reproduce the bug where it doesn't transition from blue to red form. Working on a fix!

If aggro timing and rage is not correct, is it possible to tell me what should be correct instead? Thanks!

Troll n roll wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:40 am When crossing the first rock if you are not standing directly in front of it you will get stuck.
Crossing at X: 1310 Y: 10214 or X: 1313 Y: 10214 will get you stuck.
Spoiler: show
Fixed and fix deployed on the test server, thanks for letting me know.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Update: I've made some changes on the testserver that should hopefully fix the issue where the Alchemical Hydra does not always transition to its red phase. I'm now working on its drops as well as the rest of the Karuulm slayer dungeon!

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Mike wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:12 pm If aggro timing and rage is not correct, is it possible to tell me what should be correct instead? Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX0m5i9Mjt8&t=617s
This video shows at the 7:47-7:57 mark that the hydra walks through the geyser instead of around it. There is also alot of stall in between the time it spawns and the time it aggros the player, at least 8 seconds after spawning.
Last edited by Kenneth on Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:14 pm

This is an instance of the Final "2 headed enraged phase" not working, the "3 headed red phase" also didn't use its special attack during this kill (move to the center of the room and shoot the flame walls) as you can see the final "enraged" phase is still on top of the last geyser.

Could it be that Im doing damage to fast causing it to skip a phase and break the kill?

Edit: Anti Poison potions appear to not work aswell