Corporeal Beast - Community bossing event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: Corporeal Beast - Community bossing event

Post by Will be ok2 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:44 pm

@Pkh takeover it’s ok you take #1 and I’ll take #2

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:05 pm

Reaching the goal is not that important anyway. It only matters for the smaller rewards that everyone gets for participating in the event (enough to reach their personal goal anyway). If you're nolifing the event and the goal doesn't get reached, you'll still get the big reward for being #1.

Maybe 7 days is just too long to be grinding one boss. We can always make these events shorter.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:43 pm

Also, Iron men have their own Corporeal Beast, Which helps a lot in the general kill count.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:01 pm

Andres wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:43 pm Also, Iron men have their own Corporeal Beast, Which helps a lot in the general kill count.
Ely wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 pm
Something to also consider is the amount of kills ironman players end up getting. With something like this, chances are any ironman player who has yet to finish corp, will use this event to do so, which should account for a good number of kills.
You don't say

Also so what if the challenge doesn't get completed? A failure by the community could help boost further event activity aslong as the event(s) they fail are not rigged to be impossible. Not to mention the rewards can be bumped up next time when the same challenge is given, as not all rewards weren't distributed :)

Ensignor
Premium Donator

Post by Ensignor » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:13 pm

Idk if this has happened in previous events but is there anything in place to prevent people logging in the same account and killing on that to get #1? Again, idk if theres any action against this but that is pretty unfair.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:11 pm

Don't forget that Ironmen have instances and will also contribute to the kill totals..

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:49 am

Friendly reminder that ironmen have instance and their kills count towards to community goal!

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:31 am

Ensignor wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:13 pm Idk if this has happened in previous events but is there anything in place to prevent people logging in the same account and killing on that to get #1? Again, idk if theres any action against this but that is pretty unfair.
there was an incident when I was doing the 2nd event (dks) on gg lsp and Rambo had logged in also, we were extremely close to being dq'ed and then it was announced that using a shared account to go for highscores is not allowed. atleast that it was ely had confirmed with myself and rambo
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:34 am

Rapsey wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:05 pm Reaching the goal is not that important anyway. It only matters for the smaller rewards that everyone gets for participating in the event (enough to reach their personal goal anyway). If you're nolifing the event and the goal doesn't get reached, you'll still get the big reward for being #1.

Maybe 7 days is just too long to be grinding one boss. We can always make these events shorter.
youre right, ive always thought 7 days was quite long and easy to burn out on, ive always thought the idea of like a 3 day event would be great,
Andres wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:43 pm Also, Iron men have their own Corporeal Beast, Which helps a lot in the general kill count.
Iron adam wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:11 pm Don't forget that Ironmen have instances and will also contribute to the kill totals..
Treehugger wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:49 am Friendly reminder that ironmen have instance and their kills count towards to community goal!
i did mention in my first post about this that irons have it there own instances, which is why my maths went from 8 max mains to 6 max mains camping. but yes for those who don't know
friendly reminder that irons have there own instance :D

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:38 am

Cancerstick wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:22 pm Nice tooting there.

You are correct tho, not everyone enjoys doing nothing but sitting at one boss over and over for hours, but then again, not everyone has multiple people to play one account 24/7. ;)

This event will end up being like all the others.... #1 no lifes for a week, #2 tries to but gives up, #3-10 just get on the board.

The great thing is though, that this isn't a requirement to play the damn game. If you don't agree with the numbers that were set, then don't participate. If you are this distraught over the number of required kills for a GOAL, it may be time to chill the fuck out and rethink your priorities.
okay first off I can see why your name is cancerstick.
secondly ive never shared an event on my main, it happened once on gg lsp let it go :)
I understand its not a requirement and im also not distraught at all, I was simply bringing forth my opinion about the event now why don't you do the same?
why the salt?