Corporeal Beast - Community bossing event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Corporeal Beast - Community bossing event

Post by Rapsey » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:48 pm

Pkh takeover wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:14 am just a little thought process, to do 21k kills in a week will mean we as a server will have to get a kill an average of 29 seconds (including 15 second respawn)
1 kill In max dps range takes roughly 2 minutes, meaning we need an averyage of 6 true max ranged accounts doing corp at the same time for the entire event, given this number changes due to the many worlds and irons that will be also doing this however its a hell of a lot to ask for considering every event ive participated in has ended with me being the only 1 basically being the only one doing the last of the grunt work (until the last day for those who need dmg still)
I don't know if im just being crazy but I think youre asking for a hell of a lot of kills. just my opinion though
thoughts? opinions?

edit: reason ive made it 6 max accs and not 8 is the factor of many multiple worlds and the ironman who can also camp to save respawn times
FYI: during the last Corp event (which was a short one on October 25th without goals or rewards), the community did 478 kills in 2 hours. That's one every 15 seconds.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:25 pm

just a little thought process, to do 21k kills in a week will mean we as a server will have to get a kill an average of 29 seconds (including 15 second respawn)
1 kill In max dps range takes roughly 2 minutes, meaning we need an averyage of 6 true max ranged accounts doing corp at the same time for the entire event, given this number changes due to the many worlds and irons that will be also doing this however its a hell of a lot to ask for considering every event ive participated in has ended with me being the only 1 basically being the only one doing the last of the grunt work (until the last day for those who need dmg still)
I don't know if im just being crazy but I think youre asking for a hell of a lot of kills. just my opinion though
thoughts? opinions?
I mean, isn't the point for it to be a challenge to get the required number of kills?
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:37 pm

Troll n roll wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:25 pmI mean, isn't the point for it to be a challenge to get the required number of kills?
What?

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:50 pm

Slap a ho wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:37 pm
Troll n roll wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:25 pmI mean, isn't the point for it to be a challenge to get the required number of kills?
What?
It should be a challenge to hit the required kills.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:35 pm

Troll n roll wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:50 pm
Slap a ho wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:37 pm
What?
It should be a challenge to hit the required kills.
Sorry, I didn’t include /s. What I was eluding to is “what? Challenge? Should be no effort involved!”

Ely
Honor Player

Post by Ely » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 pm

Sure 21k kills is a lot, but we also want to make it challenging, and it is possible.
Based on previous events, I would predict an easy amount being in the 16-18k range. With the community being able to smash every community goal since bringing these back, it makes sense for us to set them on the higher end, as opposed to a guaranteed figure that’ll easily be achieved.

Something to also consider is the amount of kills ironman players end up getting. With something like this, chances are any ironman player who has yet to finish corp, will use this event to do so, which should account for a good number of kills.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:40 pm

Ely wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 pm Sure 21k kills is a lot, but we also want to make it challenging, and it is possible.
Based on previous events, I would predict an easy amount being in the 16-18k range. With the community being able to smash every community goal since bringing these back, it makes sense for us to set them on the higher end, as opposed to a guaranteed figure that’ll easily be achieved.

Something to also consider is the amount of kills ironman players end up getting. With something like this, chances are any ironman player who has yet to finish corp, will use this event to do so, which should account for a good number of kills.
Not to mention its a challenge instead of a guarantee. It's an incentive for a bonus for everyone, not a participation trophy

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:07 am

Rapsey wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:48 pm

FYI: during the last Corp event (which was a short one on October 25th without goals or rewards), the community did 478 kills in 2 hours. That's one every 15 seconds.
\
I understand that however this is a week event we are talking about grinding out 2 hours is easy in comparison to 168
Troll n roll wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:50 pm It should be a challenge to hit the required kills.
Ely wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:04 pm Sure 21k kills is a lot, but we also want to make it challenging, and it is possible.

not to toot my own horn but with some previous events (not all) ive had to try to carry the server on my back with doing up to 30% of the goal by myself, i understand its a challange and that if i didnt grind so hard maybe someone else would but was just worried that majority of our player base doesnt seemingly enjoy grinding out a boss once they have completed it now this could obviously change with our sudden surge of newer players but its still a worry to my mind, i just dont like to fail or not be able to finish what i start.
Lieven wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:40 pm Not to mention its a challenge instead of a guarantee. It's an incentive for a bonus for everyone, not a participation trophy
i understand that, just with the maths i was doing it looked quite rough but i understand not every challange is ment to be completed and should be EXTREMELY CLOSE to poissible to give incentive to grind it out.
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Scrap iron
Premium Donator

Post by Scrap iron » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:18 am

I'd grind it if I got hasta at the end!

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Pkh takeover wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:07 am not to toot my own horn but with some previous events (not all) ive had to try to carry the server on my back with doing up to 30% of the goal by myself, i understand its a challange and that if i didnt grind so hard maybe someone else would but was just worried that majority of our player base doesnt seemingly enjoy grinding out a boss once they have completed it now this could obviously change with our sudden surge of newer players but its still a worry to my mind, i just dont like to fail or not be able to finish what i start.
Nice tooting there.

You are correct tho, not everyone enjoys doing nothing but sitting at one boss over and over for hours, but then again, not everyone has multiple people to play one account 24/7. ;)

This event will end up being like all the others.... #1 no lifes for a week, #2 tries to but gives up, #3-10 just get on the board.

The great thing is though, that this isn't a requirement to play the damn game. If you don't agree with the numbers that were set, then don't participate. If you are this distraught over the number of required kills for a GOAL, it may be time to chill the fuck out and rethink your priorities.