Theatre of Blood released on the testserver - bughunter contest

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: Theatre of Blood released on the testserver - bughunter contest

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:17 am

Ross wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 pm Pestilent Bloat has far too low hp at the moment, wasn't like that yesterday.
His health on OSRS is around 2k.

If the Scythe is equipped and you manually or auto-cast cast a spell, the spell hits 3 times like the Scythe does.
Nice catch about the scythe.

As far as the monsters their HP is concerned, it scales with the party size, so if you have a party of 1, they will have 1/5th of their normal hitpoints. If you have a party of 2, it's 2/5th etc.

Unless you guys think it shouldn't be like that of course.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:22 am

Mike wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:33 pmI couldn't reproduce this particular issue, can someone confirm this and possibly make a video or something?
I'll try my best to get a video but for the time being I'm going to have some issues reproducing it, I'm pretty sure it happened on the 2nd-3rd nylo spawn with a 5 man team. Issue being getting 5 people on the test server on one team but I can try when most of the EU is awake, otherwise that's all I have to offer on that one

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:36 am

Pestilent Bloat - the barrier hitboxes are really big and it is easy to misclick on them when trying to run to a square along the center wall.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:36 am

Mike wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:17 am As far as the monsters their HP is concerned, it scales with the party size, so if you have a party of 1, they will have 1/5th of their normal hitpoints. If you have a party of 2, it's 2/5th etc.

OSRS only scales to a party size of 3:
OSRS Wiki wrote:The bosses will also have their hitpoints scaled depending on the team size. With a team of three or fewer players the bosses will have 75% of their original hitpoints, with four players the bosses will have 87.5% of their original hitpoints and a team of five players will leave the bosses' hitpoints unchanged.
Source: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Theatre_of_Blood

The Maiden of Sugadinti:
5 members = 3500
4 members = 3000
1-3 members = 2625

Pestilent Bloat:
5 members = 2000
4 members = 1700
1-3 members = 1500

etc.

Honestly don't really mind scaling it down more for smaller / solo teams. But I think it should definitely be an uneven scale, so at 1 player the bosses would still have 50% hp, instead of 20%.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:29 am

Thoby wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:36 am
Mike wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:17 am As far as the monsters their HP is concerned, it scales with the party size, so if you have a party of 1, they will have 1/5th of their normal hitpoints. If you have a party of 2, it's 2/5th etc.

OSRS only scales to a party size of 3:
OSRS Wiki wrote:The bosses will also have their hitpoints scaled depending on the team size. With a team of three or fewer players the bosses will have 75% of their original hitpoints, with four players the bosses will have 87.5% of their original hitpoints and a team of five players will leave the bosses' hitpoints unchanged.
Source: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Theatre_of_Blood

The Maiden of Sugadinti:
5 members = 3500
4 members = 3000
1-3 members = 2625

Pestilent Bloat:
5 members = 2000
4 members = 1700
1-3 members = 1500

etc.

Honestly don't really mind scaling it down more for smaller / solo teams. But I think it should definitely be an uneven scale, so at 1 player the bosses would still have 50% hp, instead of 20%.
Don't scale down any more. I feel like Bloated in particular is way too low in hitpoints as is.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Vorkath - If you kill Vorkath when he spits poison in the air which lands on you, the poison will keep ticking away at your health even when Vorkath is defeated. My understanding is if Vorkath dies, the poison should simply disappear. Almost died to this earlier thinking Vorkath was dead. The poison disappeared only when it respawned.

Here's another example, Vorkath is dead but the poison lingers.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:09 pm

I can't log in on Candy Bars on the test server for some reason. I'm using the same password on the live server and the test server.

Pls help

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:13 pm

Treehugger wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:09 pm I can't log in on Candy Bars on the test server for some reason. I'm using the same password on the live server and the test server.

Pls help
That's probably because the accounts on the test server were last updated just a few hours before you last changed your password on Candy Bars. I have updated your password on the test server.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:00 pm

Done some further testing on the test client.

Cerberus - No problems with it's mechanics.

Kraken - No problems with it's mechanics.

Skotizo - No problems with it's mechanics. I did notice that the Dark Claw drop does not have a message in the chat though. Considering this is one of the collector's pieces and reasons for slaying Skotizo it might be nice to include a drop message for it. Also, whilst on the topic you may want to seriously consider this thread - viewtopic.php?f=73&t=77401&p=685654#p685654 - in an attempt to make Skotizo a more interesting boss. As it stands, it takes far too long to get a totem and the rewards are simply not worth it.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:09 pm

Isaac wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:00 pm I did notice that the Dark Claw drop does not have a message in the chat though.
Mod you can do that. change its price to >10m