New website!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Kylo ren
Honor Player

Re: New website!

Post by Kylo ren » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:33 am

This is an amazing update. 😍

Rizz0
Premium Donator

Post by Rizz0 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:38 am

Looks good! With my current job I'm unable to play anymore but I still check in now and again to see what's new and I was pleased to see the new design.

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:19 pm

The new modern look is very good. It indeed maintains the core visuals of the site while looking fresh.

Great work!

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Jousi wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:19 pm The new modern look is very good. It indeed maintains the core visuals of the site while looking fresh.

Great work!
Vaguely reminiscent of the SMF forums too. Especially if you turn off 100% width

Wonder what it'd look like if I made it yellowish again...

Meh. Blue is nicer

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:30 am

I like how you blurred it just enough for everything to still be readable. :D

Looks sexy though. Almost makes me want to add a second theme.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:11 pm

These "buttons" look like they are selected when they're really just buttons, perhaps make them acctuall buttons and not just a blue background?

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:38 pm

Not sure if I'm just blind, but is the list of online players gone?

@Rapsey

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Tezey wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:11 pm These "buttons" look like they are selected when they're really just buttons, perhaps make them acctuall buttons and not just a blue background?

I'm not sure what you mean. They behave exactly like all other buttons. The only differences are that they are smaller (less margin around the text) and that the text color isn't as bright. It may look like just text with a blue background but it is actually the same as all other buttons, just smaller (which makes it harder to see that).
Patel wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:38 pm Not sure if I'm just blind, but is the list of online players gone?

@Rapsey
Yes it is. It was just making people pass up on the server before even trying it.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:45 pm

Rapsey wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:50 pm I'm not sure what you mean. They behave exactly like all other buttons. The only differences are that they are smaller (less margin around the text) and that the text color isn't as bright. It may look like just text with a blue background but it is actually the same as all other buttons, just smaller (which makes it harder to see that).
Would you agree they look like highlighted text though? Idk, something feels off about them :notsureif:

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:10 am

Tezey wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:45 pm
Rapsey wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:50 pm I'm not sure what you mean. They behave exactly like all other buttons. The only differences are that they are smaller (less margin around the text) and that the text color isn't as bright. It may look like just text with a blue background but it is actually the same as all other buttons, just smaller (which makes it harder to see that).
Would you agree they look like highlighted text though? Idk, something feels off about them :notsureif:
It's 100% visual and just deceives the eye because the actual button is almost as big as the distance between the "capital-height" and "tail-height". If there was more whitespace (or, bluespace in this case) around the top and bottom of the letters, it'd be resolved. A small change of 1-2px might even suffice. E: all 'bluespace' will need to increase, especially padding-right could use some I assume since the K ends and a pixel or so later the button ends.

This happens a lot for stuff like billboards and advertising on trucks too btw: It might make logical sense but to our eyes it doesn't. That's why sometimes a round letter (o, p, q, c, b) sometimes have a different font size in a word/sentence, as, even though the letters look fine, your brain manages to fuck up :P