The Future of Pkhonor

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
E l y
Premium Donator

Re: The Future of Pkhonor

Post by E l y » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:27 am

Eco reset

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:55 pm

E l y wrote:Eco reset
Never gonna happen.

Taylor gang
Premium Donator

Post by Taylor gang » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Church wrote:
Never gonna happen.
that is very constructive thank you Dakota.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:08 pm

Taylor gang wrote:
Church wrote:
Never gonna happen.
Taylor gang wrote:
Nazuths wrote:Welcome brothers of PkHonor,

Today I wanted to open the discussion on the current state of the server, I'll just give out my opinion on the server and would love to see your opinions!

For a while now we've been struggling with the amount of players and has been previously discussed where we hit an all-time low of 17 players (not even after an update). Nowadays when I log on to the server and check the player count I see 30 non-distinct players (meaning of these 30 there are definitely multi-loggers). This concerns me, and with me many others.

Personally, and after having conversations with players, I think one major aspect of the decrease in players, is the lack of updates (yes, this shit again). The last update we had was August 29th, today is September 27th where in 2 days it will be a month since we haven't had a new update. Before last update, it again took 18 days till a new update which for me, doesn't make the game feel refreshing at all. Right now there is content ready to be pushed out like 2B experience capes, skill cape perks etc.. Additionally, the most recent updates weren't as rewarding as expected either.

Skotizo was already dead content from the moment it was released, the uniques it has are very nice, but given the super rare drop rates of totems and shards, this is way too big of a grind for 1 Skotizo kill, let alone be lucky enough to hit a rare drop.

Vorkath brings 2 useless uniques (dragonboner necklace and dragonfire ward) into the game, while we were hoping for dragon bolts and wrath runes etc., the prayer XP gained from Vorkath is still less than braindead killing Frost Dragons, the only valuable thing that came with the update were super antifires.

Evil Chicken brought a new cosmetic set into the game, which obviously looks nice but had no additional use other than being cosmetic, the Evil Chicken egg only provided access to a secret lair with more Evil Chickens and no other use. Normal Chickens give more feathers per hour, so in general, quite useless

All aforementioned new NPCs have been criticized after the release and great suggestions have been made on how to avoid them from being dead content, with which sadly nothing had been done.

With the upcoming Theatre of Blood update, we obviously hope to reach a lot more players instead of the 30 players I face when logging in, but one update is not gonna do a whole lot if aforementioned (the lack of good updates) simply continues afterwards.

This thread has only covered the lack of good updates so far, which for me is the most important aspect, but there are many other things in game that just aren't right.. Chaotic weapons need to be removed, pathing needs to be fixed and many other things

Besides all the negativity, I have to give props to the Staff team for hosting many PvM events (community events and no KC GWD events), the interaction between Staff and players is very important and this really helps with that.

This thread is not to put the blame on anyone but merely to create a nice discussion from how to move on with the server. I love this server and I would love to see the server succeed, but for that we DO need to change things.

Thank you
nothing wrong with the game.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Taylor gang wrote:
Church wrote:
Never gonna happen.
It's only to make sure anyone who reads this who doesn't know understands that an eco-reset isn't something were going to go. The official stance is that this will never happen.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:20 pm

Someone compile all post like this and publish it in a book with an index.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:19 pm

Troll n roll wrote:Someone compile all post like this and publish it in a book with an index.
Better yet, add it to the wiki lmao.

Iron
Premium Donator

Post by Iron » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:59 pm

You cant suggest stuff like this to a server that doesn't want to help itself.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Iron wrote:You cant suggest stuff like this to a server that doesn't want to help itself.
Please stop spreading this false idea.

This isn't helping, it's hurting.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:09 pm

Church wrote:
Iron wrote:You cant suggest stuff like this to a server that doesn't want to help itself.
Please stop spreading this false idea.

This isn't helping, it's hurting.
He is right about a pretty sizeable group of players. They turn it into one big meme and don't care, or they make pointless rants or display toxic behavior ingame. Reality is that many people simply don't care and the ones that really care are rare among those who only say they do. Sad realities aren't always (an attempt at) spreading false and negative information.