Hardcore Ironman Mode in Theatre of Blood

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should Hardcore Irons lose their status when dying in the Theatre of Blood?

Yes, lose the status
65%
No, don't lose the status
35%

Total votes: 62

Mike
Programmer

Hardcore Ironman Mode in Theatre of Blood

Post by Mike » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:11 pm

I plan to make the Theatre of Blood a safe minigame, meaning you cannot lose items when you die (much easier than adding a mechanic that lets an NPC hold onto your items to reclaim), but I'm sure about Hardcore Ironman Mode players. Considering several of the bosses have the ability to kill you in a heartbeat if you don't pay attention, it seems unreasonable to me that Hardcores would lose their status when dying in the ToB.

However, I would still like to know the opinion of the community on this matter.

Iron ruby
Premium Donator

Re: Hardcore Ironman Mode in Theatre of Blood

Post by Iron ruby » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:19 pm

keep it the same as osrs

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:23 pm

As an experienced HCIM I'd rather see it as it is in OSRS. The ToB is end game content and is only for the best of the best, seeing a HCIM with a Scythe is far less valuable if he didn't risk his status to obtain it.

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:25 pm

nothing hardcore about a safe death :zoidberg:
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:07 pm

Mike wrote: Considering several of the bosses have the ability to kill you in a heartbeat if you don't pay attention, it seems unreasonable to me that Hardcores would lose their status when dying in the ToB.
Any boss can kill you if you don't pay attention. It is more than reasonable for them to lose their status on death. If people select the HCIM status they should expect to have a hardcore experience.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:42 pm

HARDCORE IRONMAN SHOULD DIE IN THEATRE OF BLOOD. I don't understand why we keep making everything easier for ironman. Most of them are known bug abusers and have been for years, even though the ironman mode is much easier ( at least when it comes to pvming ). Actually completing TOB on a hcim will be a achievement, rather than just a monotonous cycle of trial and error to try and learn the bosses. So yeah, HCIM should die in TOB.
Also, why make everything risk free? After a death in TOB, you should pay 100M to get all of your items back from the chest. Stop making everything safe and easy and then question yourself why everyone leaves or gets bored of the game.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Seems like we never learn... We don't have thousands of players making hcim accounts and getting to endgame content. This will end up being dead content for hcim who dont want to risk it, and the reason that hcim quit when they die. It will already be difficult enough to get the drops.

Most of you are missing another huge point. ToB is not able to be soloed. You need a team to do it, and if your team messes up, its going to cause you to die and lose the status.

Keep it a safe death and lets keep focusing on making content for all, not a few select endgame players.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:43 pm

Iron adam wrote:Seems like we never learn... We don't have thousands of players making hcim accounts and getting to endgame content. This will end up being dead content for hcim who dont want to risk it, and the reason that hcim quit when they die. It will already be difficult enough to get the drops.

Most of you are missing another huge point. ToB is not able to be soloed. You need a team to do it, and if your team messes up, its going to cause you to die and lose the status.

Keep it a safe death and lets keep focusing on making content for all, not a few select endgame players.
I'd like to change my vote based on this comment

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:45 pm

I hate ironman they must lose status

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:58 pm

Iron adam wrote:Seems like we never learn... We don't have thousands of players making hcim accounts and getting to endgame content. This will end up being dead content for hcim who dont want to risk it, and the reason that hcim quit when they die. It will already be difficult enough to get the drops.

As a HCIM player myself I will never touch ToB if it's a dangerous death. I think we should do as Adam suggests and keep it in line with the Chamber of Xeric when it comes out. Regardless, sadly I already know this poll will fail on this view because there's only a handful of people dedicated to HCIM mode... Why punish them even more?