Callisto - Community bossing event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Monys
Forum Addict

Re: Callisto - Community bossing event

Post by Monys » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:30 pm

ok bro but be srs about consideration otherwize i wil have my friend Nazuths perm rag you in edge willdee

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:33 am

I cant see anything against it on rules of this event however, is using a shared account allowed during the events? as I got blasted and warned id get dq'ed last time since I didn't do it on my own account, if its allowed let everyone know. if not also let everyone know so there is no confusion or salty players from this event onwards
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:52 am

name: adman
username: adam
cmb levle: 124
got good weps?: weps? i only know wesp
pray lvl: 69

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:03 pm

Pkh takeover wrote:I cant see anything against it on rules of this event however, is using a shared account allowed during the events? as I got blasted and warned id get dq'ed last time since I didn't do it on my own account, if its allowed let everyone know. if not also let everyone know so there is no confusion or salty players from this event onwards
Seems fine to me but people will bitch about it for sure

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:42 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
James wrote:I cannot predict what events the staff team are going to decide on next.
I was about to say the same. In order to give a suggested rewards list, people would need to know what event is being planned.
Smh, neither can they. It's not like we have some secret list that determines the order of events. We just pick one... Usually one that hasn't been done in a long time if only to reduce the amount of eeny-meeny-miny-moe'ing we have to do.

What's wrong with proposing that too? It's not like staff is told: you must now figure out rewards for this particular boss. The only goal they have is to come up with a good event. The choice of which boss is just as open as the choice of rewards.

Your hands are not tied. On the contrary, you have full freedom of choice. You could just make a topic saying: I propose we do a giant mole event with these rewards and (if you have an opinion on that) these goals. Believe me, staff would gladly run your event. They have to keep coming up with these over and over and for once someone is actually helping them instead of being "helpful" by shitting on what they have come up with. Your event would almost certainly be the next one up.
Lieven wrote:
Spoiler: show
Lol, that's actually one of your better ones but it's not entirely accurate. We don't expect anyone to do that. You could sit on your ass all day eating popcorn for all I care. I'm just saying, if you want better events then this is a much better way to achieve it. If you're just going to complain about the work other people do then the only thing you are "driving" is the end of these community events, probably within a few months.

Why do you think we stopped doing them 2 years ago? The people who took it upon themselves to organize them were sick and tired of the "feedback". Why on earth would you keep putting in the effort when every time the thing you come up with just gets shit on...

This is a classic case of pkh vets causing the very problems they are protesting against. You say you want more events with better rewards but all you do is discourage anyone who tries to give you what you want. Sometimes I really don't get how you can't see that.
Slap a ho wrote:OSRS team is doing it pretty well. Sure, you’re gonna catch shit regardless, but that’s to be expected. Proposing an idea, get that idea destroyed and picked apart, fine tune that idea with the feedback given, present it again, rinse and repeat until the majority of people agree.
OSRS team just does what all the big games have been forced to do by those inevitable obnoxious members in their online communities: stop caring and stop listening to them. Sure they look at poll results and read the feedback from a select few reputable community members. But those people that just post on their ideas to rant and vent? Trust me, they don't even bother reading those posts.

It's rather ironic that the complainers are actually happier if you stop listening to them, because you will get better results if you don't let yourself get dragged down by them. But we are a private server so it always seems like we need to hear out every single player even if they're just wasting our time and destroying our motivation. Perhaps we should try the OSRS way.

Incidentally that's also the main purpose of community managers. They're basically needed to filter out all the feedback that looks like it belongs in the comments section on YouTube so that the people doing the work behind the scenes don't get demotivated by it.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Slap a ho wrote:
James wrote:I cannot predict what events the staff team are going to decide on next.
I was about to say the same. In order to give a suggested rewards list, people would need to know what event is being planned.
Smh, neither can they. It's not like we have some secret list that determines the order of events. We just pick one... Usually one that hasn't been done in a long time if only to reduce the amount of eeny-meeny-miny-moe'ing we have to do.

What's wrong with proposing that too? It's not like staff is told: you must now figure out rewards for this particular boss. The only goal they have is to come up with a good event. The choice of which boss is just as open as the choice of rewards.

Your hands are not tied. On the contrary, you have full freedom of choice. You could just make a topic saying: I propose we do a giant mole event with these rewards and (if you have an opinion on that) these goals. Believe me, staff would gladly run your event. They have to keep coming up with these over and over and for once someone is actually helping them instead of being "helpful" by shitting on what they have come up with. Your event would almost certainly be the next one up.
Jup. I've also done that.
Rapsey wrote:This is a classic case of pkh vets causing the very problems they are protesting against. You say you want more events with better rewards but all you do is discourage anyone who tries to give you what you want. Sometimes I really don't get how you can't see that.
We're more than thrilled to have events and I am quite satisfied with the quality of them too. The goal of my criticism is to make the events better.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:52 pm

Good intentions may not always lead to good results, James.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:56 pm

Lieven wrote:Good intentions may not always lead to good results, James.
And doing nothing will always lead to nothing.

I'll take my chances.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:58 pm

James wrote:

I'll take my chances.
Rather have it lead to nothing than having it lead to a downfall :)

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:00 pm

Lieven wrote:
James wrote:

I'll take my chances.
Rather have it lead to nothing than having it lead to a downfall :)
So be it. I will no longer criticise anything at your request.