Callisto - Community bossing event

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Fungamer
Developer

Re: Callisto - Community bossing event

Post by Fungamer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:52 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
Lieven wrote:OSRS can go multiple months without updates because there's so much content and long grinds.
There’s an update every thursday, big or small.
Lieven wrote:But that person isn't Ely or Ryan and that group isn't the staff team. I'm definitely not against the idea of a community representative or even multiple but the staff team (no offense) is kind of disconected with the average joe on this server. Someone who doesn't hold any other rank would fit in nicely as a community representative/w.e. The main concern with that is that it's basically starting to look a lot like GQC V2, and we all know how the GQC turned out even though the idea behind it was good and effort was put into it by the community
A community manager is needed imo. Title and in-game status included.

GQC was pretty shitty. I never saw anything productive come from it, probably because it was a bunch of people throwing shit at a wall and hoping it stuck. You need someone to drive the ideas into results which wasn’t being done.
Eh I disagree with that last statement. Lots of things were beautifully worked out in that section, and there are still a few threads in there which are excellent. A group of community representatives would basically be the GQC so maybe it should just get revived again instead of working out a new rank with icon and all. If it's just 1 person, who? How will this person even be chosen?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
Lieven wrote:But that person isn't Ely or Ryan and that group isn't the staff team. I'm definitely not against the idea of a community representative or even multiple but the staff team (no offense) is kind of disconected with the average joe on this server. Someone who doesn't hold any other rank would fit in nicely as a community representative/w.e. The main concern with that is that it's basically starting to look a lot like GQC V2, and we all know how the GQC turned out even though the idea behind it was good and effort was put into it by the community
A community manager is needed imo. Title and in-game status included.
It really isn't needed. Staff members have the resources to get stuff done. They have open lines of communication to Mike, Rapsey, Ryan, and each other.
Putting the burden on one person is unreasonable. It will never work with the way this community treats people. All it really takes is a few people to take the initiative to get something done.
Everyone keeps mentioning the "community-driven" part, but most people just expect others to do stuff. This is a small community, so If you want something done, you either have to do it yourself or clearly articulate how to do it and why to to it to someone who can do it. Just do it. fatdogs smh

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 pm

:)

am going to get rank 7 this event am think

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:10 pm

Adamthalion wrote:It really isn't needed. Staff members have the resources to get stuff done. They have open lines of communication to Mike, Rapsey, Ryan, and each other.
Yet, I don’t see any polls being created asking for communities input or anyone collecting ideas and compiling potential solutions.
Adamthalion wrote:Putting the burden on one person is unreasonable. It will never work with the way this community treats people. All it really takes is a few people to take the initiative to get something done.
It’s not a burden if the person wants to do it. It takes a few people to get the ball rolling, sure, but we have no one currently.
Adamthalion wrote:Everyone keeps mentioning the "community-driven" part, but most people just expect others to do stuff. This is a small community, so If you want something done, you either have to do it yourself or clearly articulate how to do it and why to to it to someone who can do it.
Exactly - that’s why a key person is needed to help lead the projects. Nobody is currently doing it.

Let’s take you for example. You were the closest thing I’ve seen to a community manager. You worked with mike, staff team, and the community to get results and you did it well. After your resignation... well that doesn’t happen anymore. Thoby is doing a pretty good job with dev blogs but that’s quite different.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:12 pm

James wrote::)

lmk if u want to team up and cheat the system bro. but only if u start behaving. don't want to get caught up in ur ban when u get expulled

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:18 pm

Adamthalion wrote:

lmk if u want to team up and cheat the system bro. but only if u start behaving. don't want to get caught up in ur ban when u get expulled
ok bro. i bring bolas to tie up bears legs and u can throw spear from tree line.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:22 pm

James wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:

ok bro. i bring bolas to tie up bears legs and u can throw spear from tree line.
actualy im a vegan so cant kill bears, sorry ur on your own for this one

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:25 pm

James wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:

actualy im a vegan so cant kill bears, sorry ur on your own for this one
ok bro

lookeng for bear partner

name:
username:
cmb levle:
got good weps?:
pray lvl:

free apply 4 all...

Monys
Forum Addict