8 February Updates - Menagerie, new donator items

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Will be ok
Premium Donator

Re: 8 February Updates - Menagerie, new donator items

Post by Will be ok » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Admin adam wrote:
Will be ok wrote:So what your saying is that there was a thread made in regards to suggestions on what to add into the donor shop right? And 90% of the items were not brought up/suggested once although some of the main items sought after to be added such as eucmenical key is not added? *sigh*
This was just a first round of items that we knew wouldn't be an issue. Things like ecumenical keys and the rest of the things you suggested are controversial and either wont happen or need more thought put into their potential effect. I think ecumenical keys would be really cool to put in. But effigies, big nono.
This ^

Also we were already planning these additions before the community discussion thread went up. Just because we've made these additions doesn't mean we're done now and everything said in the community discussion will be ignored.
Add a poll maybe? With options like
Add ecumenical key
Don’t add ecumenical key
Add legends
Don’t add legends
Etc.

Also with the updated donor store the only problem I see with it is that you added already very circulated items right, so either it could crash the price of these items (somewhat unlikely but still possible) but my big issue with it is what’s the point?? If you wanted a ‘perfect ring it would actually be cheaper to donate for mboxes and sell them quickly then it would be to buy it. This is the same with most of not all items added in this update. There is no “hey donate for me because I’m a good deal” item.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:10 pm

Will be ok wrote:Add a poll maybe? With options like
Add ecumenical key
Don’t add ecumenical key
Add legends
Don’t add legends
Etc.
It isn't always as simple as adding a poll and majority wins. Have to keep in mind other things like game integrity and discontinued item issues.
Will be ok wrote:Also with the updated donor store the only problem I see with it is that you added already very circulated items right, so either it could crash the price of these items (somewhat unlikely but still possible) but my big issue with it is what’s the point?? If you wanted a ‘perfect ring it would actually be cheaper to donate for mboxes and sell them quickly then it would be to buy it. This is the same with most of not all items added in this update. There is no “hey donate for me because I’m a good deal” item.
The credit to gp ratio that Mike and Rapsey chose has kept all the items at pretty stable prices throughout the years. This is because when people are looking to get the most out of their money, they donate for the item that is going to give them the best rate. This drives the price back to whatever the gp amount associated with the credit amount chosen was. So price crashing is not really an issue. Can't really put in items that say "hey donate for me because im a good deal" because the price of the item will be driven down by this same effect.
I have had so many players that want to donate directly for the best gear. They cant be bothered with donating for mystery boxes and then converting it to cash to buy items. This offers donators to skip that annoying step.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Also, putting every single decision up to a community poll is an excellent way to make things take forever to get done. In many cases it's better to just decide and get on with it. Very few things can't be undone if it turns out to be a mistake. All these "new" donation items are good examples of things that didn't really need to be polled. They could all be bought off the Grand Exchange already anyway so it makes little difference that you can also buy them with credits now.

But yes, for actual new donation items I'm sure a few things will be polled.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Mike wrote:You can now use noted rings of recoil on the ring of suffering to quickly charge it
My time has come!
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Hbg arab
Rookie

Post by Hbg arab » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:00 pm

That fucking dude mike...shout the fuck out for this update!

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:20 am

We need to update the drop down section under the donate tab on the forums
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:03 pm

Thelategamer wrote:We need to update the drop down section under the donate tab on the forums
We know, but the current layout is only suitable for a small number of items so we're gonna have to reinvent the way it's presented there. The plan is to first do all the donator shop additions and when we're done with that revisit the webpage overview.

Iron502
Premium Donator

Post by Iron502 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:42 am

Awesome work guys! Loving the new content, keep it up!

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Thank you for the noted rings of recoil update :)