9 January Updates - no more instant switching, dupe fix

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Re: 9 Janary Updates - no more instant switching, dupe fix

Post by Pls senpai » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:06 pm

Thanks for the updates mikey

A iron girl
Premium Donator

Post by A iron girl » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:12 pm

This update has made skilling not instant as well (not sure if this is intended).
For example, there's a noticeable delay when planting magic trees and it takes a bit for teleport options to come up after operating the magic secateurs.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:15 pm

I may be misremembering this, but would it be possible to fix the overhead prayers also insta-switching? IIRC it's just a visual thing.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:32 pm

A iron girl wrote:This update has made skilling not instant as well (not sure if this is intended).
For example, there's a noticeable delay when planting magic trees and it takes a bit for teleport options to come up after operating the magic secateurs.
I believe everything works on the tick cycle now, also banking etc. It would be nice if this update would only change switching gear etc, which is the only part that is relevant (because it has an influence in pking). A lot of people are experiencing 'laggy' gameplay now.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Yew gene
Premium Donator

Post by Yew gene » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:42 pm

After the update, you can really tell that everything else in the game has a delay sadly. I really liked that about pkhonor, how there was no delay in opening banks, doing skills, etc... but I do like how there's a tick cycle for the switching especially for people in the wilderness.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:07 pm

Ruler wrote:I believe everything works on the tick cycle now, also banking etc. It would be nice if this update would only change switching gear etc, which is the only part that is relevant (because it has an influence in pking). A lot of people are experiencing 'laggy' gameplay now.
Yes, it's the packet processing in particular. A long time ago we made an "improvement" that made the server process and reply to each packet immediately, instead of doing that in tick cycles. This has now been removed again so with any action you have to wait until the next tick cycle for it to happen, i.e. up to 600ms.

We're currently looking into a solution that will give you the responsiveness of old but with non-instant switching. Fingers crossed.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Ruler wrote:I believe everything works on the tick cycle now, also banking etc. It would be nice if this update would only change switching gear etc, which is the only part that is relevant (because it has an influence in pking). A lot of people are experiencing 'laggy' gameplay now.
Yes, it's the packet processing in particular. A long time ago we made an "improvement" that made the server process and reply to each packet immediately, instead of doing that in tick cycles. This has now been removed again so with any action you have to wait until the next tick cycle for it to happen, i.e. up to 600ms.

We're currently looking into a solution that will give you the responsiveness of old but with non-instant switching. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the update Rapsey. Always great to see quick answers!

For the pkers, does it now act as it should in terms of switches?

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:26 pm

Rapsey wrote:

That's actually really interesting. But good to hear progress is being made in this area.

Overall great update!
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

D 4 u 4
Premium Donator

Post by D 4 u 4 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:48 pm

Skiller wrote:For the pkers, does it now act as it should in terms of switches?
Facts