Hardcore Ironman Mode on death

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should a Hardcore Ironman Mode player lose their status when dying at:?

A Player-Owned House in PvM Mode: lose status
12%
A Player-Owned House in PvM Mode: keep status
9%
Clan Wars in wilderness mode: lose status
9%
Clan Wars in wilderness mode: keep status
10%
Wearing a salve (e) amulet: lose status
12%
Wearing a salve (e) amulet: keep status
9%
Dying by not responding to a random event: lose status
5%
Dying by not responding to a random event: keep status
15%
Dying at Zulrah: lose status
10%
Dying at Zulrah: keep status
10%

Total votes: 328

Slap a ho
Champion

Re: Hardcore Ironman Mode on death

Post by Slap a ho » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:31 pm

POH PVM - Lose
Clan Wars Wilderness mode - Lose
Salve (e) - Lose
Dying to a random - Keep
Dying at Zulrah - Lose

It needs to be consistent with OSRS to alleviate any confusion on what is and is not a safe death. Doing so, it’ll be very easy to redirect players to the official OSRS Wiki, as well as make it easy to add to ours.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Slap a ho wrote:POH PVM - Lose
Salve (e) - Lose
Dying to a random - Keep
Dying at Zulrah - Lose

It needs to be consistent with OSRS to alleviate any confusion on what is and is not a safe death. Doing so, it’ll be very easy to redirect players to the official OSRS Wiki, as well as make it easy to add to ours.
I agree with some.
Are we allowing ring of life to save the player's HCIM status? If yes, then salve should have no effect on the player's status. ( if you die with a salve (e) anywhere, it won't retain the HCIM status).
Do randoms even kill you anymore? They just jail you ( at least from what I know ).
I agree with dying to Zulrah being "dangerous" , but at the moment, our safe death will make no sense for the new HCIM that are familiar with Zulrah being a safe death. So, what I suggest here is to change the Zulrah death mechanic to be a dangerous death, where you lose all of your unprotected stuff and you can reclaim everything back from the Priestess Zul-Gwenwynig for 100M gp ( salve(e) effect should be turned off in Zulrah's shrine to prevent from losing it by mistake).

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Respire1337 wrote:Are we allowing ring of life to save the player's HCIM status? If yes, then salve should have no effect on the player's status. ( if you die with a salve (e) anywhere, it won't retain the HCIM status).
Ring of life isn't saving the status because you aren't dying when it activates. It will only activate if you are below 10% health (1-9 hp). If you're dead, you're dead. Salve only activates when you are 0 hp dead dead dead.
If ring of life has activated, you wont lose the status because you haven't died.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:07 pm

Admin adam wrote:
Respire1337 wrote:Are we allowing ring of life to save the player's HCIM status? If yes, then salve should have no effect on the player's status. ( if you die with a salve (e) anywhere, it won't retain the HCIM status).
Ring of life isn't saving the status because you aren't dying when it activates. It will only activate if you are below 10% health (1-9 hp). If you're dead, you're dead. Salve only activates when you are 0 hp dead dead dead.
Oh yeah, I forgot how things work, bad moderator. Either way, salve(e)=does not save the HCIM status.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:43 pm

Respire1337 wrote:
Salve (e) - Lose
Dying to a random - Keep
Dying at Zulrah - Lose

I agree with some.
Are we allowing ring of life to save the player's HCIM status? If yes, then salve should have no effect on the player's status. ( if you die with a salve (e) anywhere, it won't retain the HCIM status).
Do randoms even kill you anymore? They just jail you ( at least from what I know ).
I agree with dying to Zulrah being "dangerous" , but at the moment, our safe death will make no sense for the new HCIM that are familiar with Zulrah being a safe death. So, what I suggest here is to change the Zulrah death mechanic to be a dangerous death, where you lose all of your unprotected stuff and you can reclaim everything back from the Priestess Zul-Gwenwynig for 100M gp ( salve(e) effect should be turned off in Zulrah's shrine to prevent from losing it by mistake).
OSRS Zulrah isn’t a safe death. The only difference between OSRS death and PkH death at Zulrah is you don’t have to claim your items on PkH. It’s free to claim on OSRS. It’s safe in terms of your items not having the chance of being lost unless you die again before reclaiming. Statuses are different.

Randoms kill you which leads to jailing, at least it used to. Maybe this has changed, but I haven’t had a random in forever tbh. Literally 1+ year since a random event. Do they even work anymore?

Adam answered the RoL.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Slap a ho wrote:Randoms kill you which leads to jailing, at least it used to. Maybe this has changed, but I haven’t had a random in forever tbh. Literally 1+ year since a random event. Do they even work anymore?
Randoms don't kill players anymore. They just get jailed.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
Respire1337 wrote:
Salve (e) - Lose
Dying to a random - Keep
Dying at Zulrah - Lose

I agree with some.
OSRS Zulrah isn’t a safe death. The only difference between OSRS death and PkH death at Zulrah is you don’t have to claim your items on PkH. It’s free to claim on OSRS. It’s safe in terms of your items not having the chance of being lost unless you die again before reclaiming. Statuses are different.

Randoms kill you which leads to jailing, at least it used to. Maybe this has changed, but I haven’t had a random in forever tbh. Literally 1+ year since a random event. Do they even work anymore?

Adam answered the RoL.
I wasn't referring at all to the OSRS Zulrah, but to ours. Either change the way the current death mechanic works at Zulrah to be a regular death, where you lose your stuff, or just have Zulrah be a safe death for HCIM too, as the PkHonor players are gonna be confused when they die at Zulrah and they get their HCIM status revoked, knowing that Zulrah is a safe death.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:19 pm

Respire1337 wrote:I wasn't referring at all to the OSRS Zulrah, but to ours. Either change the way the current death mechanic works at Zulrah to be a regular death, where you lose your stuff, or just have Zulrah be a safe death for HCIM too, as the PkHonor players are gonna be confused when they die at Zulrah and they get their HCIM status revoked, knowing that Zulrah is a safe death.
What I’m saying is both versions are 99% similar. PkH version isn’t really different than OSRS version. The only difference is you have to travel back to Zul-Andra to claim your stuff in OSRS. On PkH, the only difference is you DON’T have to travel back to Zul-Andra to claim your stuff. It’s more or less an inconvienence on OSRS than anything.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:36 am

POH PVM - Lose
Salve (e) - Lose
Dying to a random - Keep
Dying at Zulrah - Lose

For Zulrah, I believe HCIM should lose their status if they die there and we should add a "second life" every 24 hours for the boss like OSRS has. That ability could be achieved for completing all achievements maybe?

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:44 am

Jonas wrote:For Zulrah, I believe HCIM should lose their status if they die there and we should add a "second life" every 24 hours for the boss like OSRS has. That ability could be achieved for completing all achievements maybe?
That is only granted upon completing the elite Western Province Diary. Would be a really good incentive to begin making a diary for outside the wilderness...