5 December Updates - looting bag, portable client

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

5 December Updates - looting bag, portable client

Post by Mike » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Permanent bank placeholders have been added!
The bank interface now has a simple 'lock' button at the bottom, which will lock or unlock permanent placeholders. Right-clicking the button and selecting 'release all placeholders' will remove all placeholders you currently have in your bank.

The looting bag has been released!
It's been a long time waiting for this particular feature to be added, but it's finally here. And it works exactly the same as in OSRS:
  • Obtained by killing NPC's in the wilderness, with every wilderness NPC having a 1/30 chance to drop one or purchased at the Bounty Hunter store for 5,000 BH points
  • Limited to 1 looting bag per account
  • Cannot be dropped on the floor, only destroyed
  • When you destroy a looting bag, all food and potions inside are destroyed and the other contents dropped on the floor
  • You cannot destroy a looting bag while in combat if its contents have a total value of 1M or more
  • Can only contain tradeable items
  • You can only add items to it while inside the wilderness
  • Its contents can only be withdrawn at a bank booth
  • Left-clicking a looting bag will 'open' it, making all items you pick up go automatically into the bag. Similarly, left-clicking an open bag will close it again
  • You can right-click it and 'check' its contents
  • You can right-click it and use the 'deposit' mode, where you can click on items in your inventory to deposit them into the bag (only works inside the wilderness)
  • Has a 'settings' option, where you can choose whether to deposit just 1 item, or as many as possible, when you use an item on the bag
  • Is always destroyed on death (even if it's the only item you have) and its contents will be dropped on the floor for your killer (or for yourself if you die in PvM)

The refund box has received a few improvements:
  • You can now freely store coins inside it. All you need to do is 'sell' coins from your inventory to the refund box. You can also withdraw any coins from it as you like
  • Any coins inside your refund box will now be used to pay for items you withdraw (does not apply to 100M/500M/1B tickets). If there are not enough coins in the box, money from your inventory will be taken as well
  • The item limit of 2147M no longer applies to the refund box. You can store as many coins inside it as you want (up to a theoretical maximum of 9,223,372 trillion coins)

Players can now also download a portable client, which you can simply download and extract in any place you want, without requiring a Java installation and without having any files in your home directory. This client is the successor of the old zip client, retaining all of its functionality while adding some improvements.

The features of the portable client are as follows:
  • All features that our other clients have to offer
  • Works on any computer (Windows, MacOS and Linux)
  • Has the complete cache packed inside it
  • Does not require Java to be installed
  • Automatically updates and restarts
  • Does not download anything in your home directory. Your cache, screenshots and Java Runtime Environment (jre) are all in the same place
The portable client can be downloaded here (or at the secondary download link in case the first link doesn't work).

The contents look like this, with a seperate launcher for Windows, MacOS and Linux:

Note that double-clicking PkHonor.jar will work just as well, but only if you have Java installed on your PC.

The only downside is its size. The ZIP file is 140MB and when unzipped it will take 316MB space on your computer or whatever media you put it on (such as a USB drive). This is because, aside from the cache, the client has 3 Java Runtime Environments packed - one for Windows, one for MacOS and one for Linux.

MacOS users might get the error message shown below:

In order to get around this, simply use command+click (or control+click) and click 'Open' in order to start the client:

You will then get a dialog where you can choose to open the client. After you have done this once the client will start normally each time.

In other news:
  • Fixed not being able to use the granite maul special attack if you activate it right after you switch to it
  • The settings 'bank rearrange mode (swap/insert)' and 'withdraw items as note' are now permanently saved to your account, rather than being reset on each login
  • Fixed a bug where the game would consider a bank placeholder as having the actual item in your bank
  • Fixed presets not withdrawing any uncharged hybrid armour or PvP equipment at 10%
  • Fixed the double agent being able to hit you with melee attacks from a distance
  • Everywhere "familiar" is mentioned now mentions "pet" instead
  • Fixed a bug where withdrawing noted items from your refund box would not allow you to withdraw more items than you have free inventory slots
  • The chat dialogue will now properly close when requesting your punishment history from the doomsayer while having an empty punishment history

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Re: 5 December Updates - looting bag, portable client

Post by Troll n roll » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:55 pm

Awesome!
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Systex
Premium Donator

Post by Systex » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:06 pm

portable client!!! just what i needed!! thanks mike!
plus no more max cash problem! wohooo!!! greatttt!!

Whiprealgood
Premium Donator

Post by Whiprealgood » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Very cool updates!
Check out my Youtube channel!

I s 2 5 0
Premium Donator

Post by I s 2 5 0 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Very Nice :) been waiting for the looting bag :p

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Most excited for the last one, thanks so much Mike!

Does using the new Mac tool resolve the issue of only being able to open one client at a time from the app? In the past we had to duplicate the jar to get multiple instances.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:59 pm

Great update, now how can I get my slimy hands on that Zammy hawk? ;)

Can someone verify that we can still get clues from npc drops if we have a placeholder clue in our bank but no actual clue we can solve of the same tier?
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Ykz
Premium Donator

Post by Ykz » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:36 pm

NOW FIX THE GMAUL! [PK]HONOR! thanks mike <3

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:57 pm

You may be surprised to learn that bagception is not permitted.

Man im spend 2hrs findeo dupes in ez code mistakes but n found. I'm want ipmute gone for my efforts ples :sadtroll:
Last edited by The underdog on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
#Justice4Church

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:59 pm

The underdog wrote:You may be surprised to learn that bagception is not permitted.
I love Mike even more because of that.