Looting bag droprates

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

What should the droprate of the looting bag be?

Same for all monsters (1/30, like OSRS)
76%
Depending on monster difficulty
24%

Total votes: 25

Mike
Programmer

Looting bag droprates

Post by Mike » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:38 pm

With the looting bag being nearly ready for release, the only real question that remains is the droprate.

In OSRS, every single wilderness monster has a 1/30 chance to drop one, regardless of their combat level.

So the question is: do we implement it the OSRS way (1/30 for each monster), or do we make the droprate scale with the difficulty of the monster?

Thoby
Developer

Re: Looting bag droprates

Post by Thoby » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:03 pm

I'd leave the droprate high, especially if a player can't have more than 1 at a time.
It wouldn't hurt having all NPCs have a 1/30 droprate. If someone just wants the bag, they'll be able to just hunt easier NPCs.

However, if we'd make it so players can have more bags at a time, it might be better to let the droprate scale on the NPCs difficulty. Players will be able to collect them over time.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Thoby wrote:I'd leave the droprate high, especially if a player can't have more than 1 at a time.
It wouldn't hurt having all NPCs have a 1/30 droprate. If someone just wants the bag, they'll be able to just hunt easier NPCs.

However, if we'd make it so players can have more bags at a time, it might be better to let the droprate scale on the NPCs difficulty. Players will be able to collect them over time.
There are no plans to limit players to 1 bag per account. As far as I'm concerned, players can have as many as they want. However, they can only put a looting bag in their bank if said bag is empty.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:09 pm

I am fine with either, as long as it stays as common as it is in OSRS.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Sure 1/30 sounds fine.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Mike wrote:
Thoby wrote:I'd leave the droprate high, especially if a player can't have more than 1 at a time.

There are no plans to limit players to 1 bag per account. As far as I'm concerned, players can have as many as they want. However, they can only put a looting bag in their bank if said bag is empty.
That would just ruin everything. The shared mechanics we have for our items will 100% make up for a new duplication glitch, so please, for the love of this game, DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN 1 LOOTING BAG AT ONCE, OTHERWISE DUPES WILL FLOW.

On another note, 1/30 drop rate from any wilderness npc, and the combat doesn't affect this, nor ring of wealth, pets, lucky pets. Once you've gotten a looting bag you can't get another one until you lose your previous one. Also :
"If the player dies with a looting bag, it is always lost upon death, even if the player doesn't have anything else protecting over it. When this happens, the player who killed the person holding the looting bag will get everything inside the bag, excluding food and potions." (for pvm situations, I am pretty sure you can come back and loot back everything, but the bag).

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Respire1337 wrote:That would just ruin everything. The shared mechanics we have for our items will 100% make up for a new duplication glitch, so please, for the love of this game, DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN 1 LOOTING BAG AT ONCE, OTHERWISE DUPES WILL FLOW.
That should never be a reason to not introduce something to the game. There just needs to be proper thought put into how it will work. Stacking looting bags in the bank will be a huge bonus for all players. This is an example of a time where we don't have to do everything exactly like OSRS.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Same as osrs imo. No reason for it to be rare when it’s lost on death, along with every item inside of it. Having multiples would be nice; personally hate that you can’t on osrs.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Admin adam wrote:
Respire1337 wrote:That would just ruin everything. The shared mechanics we have for our items will 100% make up for a new duplication glitch, so please, for the love of this game, DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN 1 LOOTING BAG AT ONCE, OTHERWISE DUPES WILL FLOW.
That should never be a reason to not introduce something to the game. There just needs to be proper thought put into how it will work. Stacking looting bags in the bank will be a huge bonus for all players. This is an example of a time where we don't have to do everything exactly like OSRS.
Then, your 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc bag will be a different one from the regular one ( being something like looting bag (inactive) or something along those lines ) to prevent possible duping. When you lose your first looting bag, the first withdrawn looting bag will become the regular item.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:46 pm

Respire1337 wrote:Then, your 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc bag will be a different one from the regular one ( being something like looting bag (inactive) or something along those lines ) to prevent possible duping. When you lose your first looting bag, the first withdrawn looting bag will become the regular item.
Mike has already said that you can only bank an empty looting bag. So when you lose your looting bag, all the items in it are dropped/destroyed. Withdrawing a looting bag from your bank afterwards would be empty. The game would already recognize that the looting bag for your character is empty.