Max Cape Requirement

Having a problem on the server? Post it here.
Kicking spre
One Hit Wonder

Max Cape Requirement

Post by Kicking spre » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:24 am

Somewhere along the updates, the 'unlock preserve prayer' was added to max cape requirements, and prior to this nobody was required to unlock the prayer. This scroll is essentially unheard of from the drops of scorpia, and previous max's aren't required to unlock it. This seems pretty unfair. Would love to see the requirement get wiped, as many other people struggling with the requirement.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Max Cape Requirement

Post by Iron adam » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:48 am

This is just part of the progression of the game. When new content is added, there is a good chance that it will be required for max or completionist cape. Same idea if a new quest is released.
So if anything, people who already have max capes shouldn't be able to wear them until they unlock the spell.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:23 am

Admin adam wrote:This is just part of the progression of the game. When new content is added, there is a good chance that it will be required for max or completionist cape. Same idea if a new quest is released.
So if anything, people who already have max capes shouldn't be able to wear them until they unlock the spell.
Agreed. I'd rather see it prevent others from wearing than not update the requirements

B0rnt0bepeek
Wise One

Post by B0rnt0bepeek » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:16 am

Skiller wrote:
Admin adam wrote:This is just part of the progression of the game. When new content is added, there is a good chance that it will be required for max or completionist cape. Same idea if a new quest is released.
Agreed. I'd rather see it prevent others from wearing than not update the requirements

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:00 pm

I'm pretty sure the idea is to have a grace period for current cape owners. After 2 weeks or so it then becomes unwearable if they haven't met the requirement by then.

Don't take my word for it that this is guaranteed to happen though. It's rather difficult to do this since many people are currently wearing theirs, but that's the idea.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Rapsey wrote:I'm pretty sure the idea is to have a grace period for current cape owners. After 2 weeks or so it then becomes unwearable if they haven't met the requirement by then.

Don't take my word for it that this is guaranteed to happen though. It's rather difficult to do this since many people are currently wearing theirs, but that's the idea.
How bout my comp cape, hottie?

Phk1898
Known Venturer

Post by Phk1898 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:59 pm

it shouldnt be implented for players who already wear max cape imo.
we did the requirments needed at that time.
players who use max cape for years would be not able to wear it untill the meet req everytime you guys add something?
straight bs seriously.
people now want max cape? get the req just like we did long time ago

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:17 pm

Phk1898 wrote:it shouldnt be implented for players who already wear max cape imo.
players who use max cape for years would be not able to wear it untill the meet req everytime you guys add something?
straight bs seriously.
Max cape, yes, agreed. Not the completionist cape though, it's called that for a reason. Jagex does the exact same thing:
As new content (quests, tasks, accomplishments, etc.) is introduced, new requirements can be added for the regular or trimmed version of the cape. If a player is wearing the cape when new requirements are added, it will be unequipped and placed in their inventory. If their inventory is full, it will be placed in their bank.

Phk1898
Known Venturer

Post by Phk1898 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Phk1898 wrote:it shouldnt be implented for players who already wear max cape imo.
straight bs seriously.
Max cape, yes, agreed. Not the completionist cape though, it's called that for a reason. Jagex does the exact same thing:
As new content (quests, tasks, accomplishments, etc.) is introduced, new requirements can be added for the regular or trimmed version of the cape. If a player is wearing the cape when new requirements are added, it will be unequipped and placed in their inventory. If their inventory is full, it will be placed in their bank.
i agree with that

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Is the drop rate on the scroll higher than for example rigour or rapid renewal?
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy