15 June Updates - Treasure trails

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: 15 June Updates - Treasure trails

Post by Rapsey » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:51 pm

I can see both sides tbh.

Familiarity is what makes RSPS work. You already know the game so you expect things to work a certain way and when they don't it's usually not a welcome surprise. Makes sense.

On the other hand, there is one massive difference between OSRS and RSPS: the in-game "target audience" for the content is completely different. Most players on OSRS have nowhere near maxed combat stats, and I'm willing to bet more than half doesn't even have a single 70+ combat stat. Jagex obviously wants to please all those players too so they add plenty of content that's challenging for the average noob but completely inconsequential to a very late-game veteran (in OSRS terms).

But since we are an RSPS all our players are immediately maxed and in high-end gear. There is no mid-level demographic to please here so it doesn't make a lot of sense to add things that are a mere formality to all of our players. We are used to having to overtune things a little to compensate for the fact that everyone has max stats and high-end gear. It's not always easy to know whether a change will be seen as welcome balancing or unwelcome annoyance.

Ziaw
Premium Donator

Post by Ziaw » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:40 am

took way too long for that.
but botting is bad and you should NEVER do it

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:36 am

Rapsey wrote:But since we are an RSPS all our players are immediately maxed and in high-end gear. There is no mid-level demographic to please here so it doesn't make a lot of sense to add things that are a mere formality to all of our players. We are used to having to overtune things a little to compensate for the fact that everyone has max stats and high-end gear. It's not always easy to know whether a change will be seen as welcome balancing or unwelcome annoyance.
I disagree. While we do have quite a few players that've put the time in to earn the high-end gear, we also have quite a few that have not. High-end gear to me is torva + custom whip. Bandos is a mid-tier item imo because torva trumps bandos, as does a custom whip trumps an Abby whip/rapier. We definitely have a mid-tier demographic to adhere to.

I agree rsps have it easier than osrs, but where do we draw the line at what needs additional mechanics vs. what doesn’t?

Food for thought - poll the proposed mechanic before just implementing it. You won’t have to guess at what’s a welcomed vs. un-welcomed mechanic; the community will decide in our community driven server. It’ll save Mike & devs time, as well as decrease the amount of criticism when a new update is released.

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:46 am

Mike wrote: And no, "because just give us the rewards without having to actually work for it" is not a proper answer.
Well damn, we should prolly let ANDRES know about this. Yo homie, if you dont want to ignore me or falsely try to mute my accounts, I hope we could talk soon man. Miss you!
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

Billyx
Honor Player

Post by Billyx » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:52 pm

ayeeee

Tom061202
Honor Player

Post by Tom061202 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:05 am

Alot of really good ideas in 1 update. Speechless, good job team!

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
Rapsey wrote:But since we are an RSPS all our players are immediately maxed and in high-end gear. There is no mid-level demographic to please here so it doesn't make a lot of sense to add things that are a mere formality to all of our players. We are used to having to overtune things a little to compensate for the fact that everyone has max stats and high-end gear. It's not always easy to know whether a change will be seen as welcome balancing or unwelcome annoyance.
I disagree. While we do have quite a few players that've put the time in to earn the high-end gear, we also have quite a few that have not. High-end gear to me is torva + custom whip. Bandos is a mid-tier item imo because torva trumps bandos, as does a custom whip trumps an Abby whip/rapier. We definitely have a mid-tier demographic to adhere to.

I agree rsps have it easier than osrs, but where do we draw the line at what needs additional mechanics vs. what doesn’t?

Food for thought - poll the proposed mechanic before just implementing it. You won’t have to guess at what’s a welcomed vs. un-welcomed mechanic; the community will decide in our community driven server. It’ll save Mike & devs time, as well as decrease the amount of criticism when a new update is released.
I disagree, bandos+rapier is high tier stuff aswell. You could do anything with bandos+rapier. Just because torva and customs are better doesn't make the "worse" stuff mid-low tier.