15 June Updates - Treasure trails

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Re: 15 June Updates - Treasure trails

Post by Iron bubble » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
Mike wrote:After being frozen by a player or NPC, there is now a 3 second (5 game tick) immunity against being frozen again, rather than 4.8 seconds (8 ticks)
The best <3
I love you mike, honestly thought it would never happen I kind of gave up
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Why make the double agent attack with melee and magic instead of melee only like it is on osrs and rs3?

Nike007
Known Venturer

Post by Nike007 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Mike wrote:
Nike007 wrote:So based on a 3k sample size (pretty significant) customs seem to be 2x as rare from masters. Is this intended?
The droprates for customs from master caskets are significantly higher than elite caskets. That much I can guarantee with absolute certainty. The droprates from all other caskets have also remained unchanged.

Unless you are referring to items that ironman mode players get from caskets (such as custom whips and other items from the donator, vote or bounty hunter store), which are exactly the same as elite caskets.
I was referring to custom whips etc. So elite + master = same rate for these items?

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Azu rite wrote:Why make the double agent attack with melee and magic instead of melee only like it is on osrs and rs3?
Because in the famous words of Keiler05 and Nike007, “it’s what makes our server unique!”.

We stray from the norm on far too many things & it makes little to no sense imo. Giving NPCs unique attack styles that are extremely inconsistent with the real game or other servers has always baffled me. Armadyl poison for example. It doesn’t make it any more difficult to kill, just annoying.

Ziekenhuis
Premium Donator

Post by Ziekenhuis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:02 pm

Great work guys!

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
Azu rite wrote:Why make the double agent attack with melee and magic instead of melee only like it is on osrs and rs3?
Because in the famous words of Keiler05 and Nike007, “it’s what makes our server unique!”.

We stray from the norm on far too many things & it makes little to no sense imo. Giving NPCs unique attack styles that are extremely inconsistent with the real game or other servers has always baffled me. Armadyl poison for example. It doesn’t make it any more difficult to kill, just annoying.
This^. Remove the mage attack, it's purely annoying. And it's not like we can even pray flick mage and melee correctly. I've witnessed Isaac getting hit 25,26,27,24 by the mage attacks of the double agent. Double agent for brid of the year?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:10 pm

Respire1337 wrote:
Slap a ho wrote:
This^. Remove the mage attack, it's purely annoying. And it's not like we can even pray flick mage and melee correctly. I've witnessed Isaac getting hit 25,26,27,24 by the mage attacks of the double agent. Double agent for brid of the year?
Having the double agent hit with melee only would just result in everyone praying melee and the double agent being no challenge whatsoever, hitting 0's all the way. Where's the fun in 0 challenge?

And no, "because just give us the rewards without having to actually work for it" is not a proper answer.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:14 pm

Slap a ho wrote:We stray from the norm on far too many things & it makes little to no sense imo. Giving NPCs unique attack styles that are extremely inconsistent with the real game or other servers has always baffled me.
Agreed. Keep OSRS content consistent with OSRS. Save customization for custom content.
Mike wrote:Having the double agent hit with melee only would just result in everyone praying melee and the double agent being no challenge whatsoever, hitting 0's all the way. Where's the fun in 0 challenge?
Not everything has to be a challenge. The double agent only attacks with melee on OSRS and people enjoy doing clues on there.
I haven't done any clues yet, so idk how difficult it really is. I think it is nice to have one easy npc (double agent), one medium difficulty npc (brassican mage), and a hard group of NPC's (the wizard ambush thing).

I think the bigger issue is players transitioning from OSRS to PKH. I think most of the new players we get now will be coming from OSRS. It is weird for them when they go to dharok mole and get 1 hit by the mage attack. Same logic applies here.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:33 pm

Mike wrote:Having the double agent hit with melee only would just result in everyone praying melee and the double agent being no challenge whatsoever, hitting 0's all the way. Where's the fun in 0 challenge?
The double agent isn’t supposed to be the challenge. Getting the clue as a drop is the challenge & having the items/stats to complete said clue is the challenge. Where’s the fun in being beat down by some clown in pink robes with a briefcase? Any player that has ever done a clue on Runescape pre-eoc and post, is instantly going to protect from melee. Then out of nowhere, they get hit with some random magic attack doing 20+ damage & they are going to be confused as hell as to what’s going on.

Save the magic attacks for the wizards. It just doesn’t make sense for a character that has always been melee based, to suddenly gain magic as a secondary attack.

If you’re going to keep a secondary attack, I’d rather see him with range. It’d be like an episode of the office when he throws his briefcase at you and papers go flying everywhere. That’d be a neat custom feature.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Slap a ho wrote:If you’re going to keep a secondary attack, I’d rather see him with range. It’d be like an episode of the office when he throws his briefcase at you and papers go flying everywhere. That’d be a neat custom feature.
Another option would be only melee attacks that will partially hit through prayer.