16 May Updates - bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

16 May Updates - bugfixes

Post by Mike » Wed May 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Not a whole lot of new features today, but a very important update nonetheless. For over a year, there have been rare occurrences of players getting their account rolled back a couple of minutes (losing XP or items they obtained within those few minutes). A couple of days ago, we finally figured out the cause of this small rollback issue and today we are glad to release a fix for it! The technical explanation of how, why and when the rollback issues occurred is far too complex, what matters is that it's finally a thing of the past!

In other news:
  • As of now, the player who deals most damage to another player in the wilderness will get both loot and killcount. Before the update, the one who dealt most damage got the loot but the player who dealt the killing blow got the killcount
  • When you click the gate in the wilderness resource area, but are standing next to the gate, you will now automatically walk up to the gate and open it
  • Fixed a bug where a player who has run enabled does not properly follow other players who have run disabled
  • Fixed yet another bug with a GodWars Dungeon room not always respawning correctly
  • Fixed helpers having access to the ::modwild command (a command that is reserved for our staff team)
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to change their clue steps by dying with a clue scroll and picking it up again. As of now, if you die with a clue scroll, the scroll will be destroyed instead
  • The ghost in the wilderness black salamander hunter area now walks around randomly, preventing players from being able to hide behind him. This will be further improved in a future update
  • Fixed a bug where players with a time played between 20 and 30 minutes wouldn't lose items when killed in the wilderness
  • Fixed not being able to cook pizza's. You can now also cook plain pizza (requires 35 cooking, 2 bites healing 7 per bite)

Of course, don't forget about our double XP event from 25 to 28 May, to celebrate PkHonor's 10th anniversary!

Starting in:

Ending in:

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Re: 16 May Updates - bugfixes

Post by Respire1337 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Really nice and needed bug fixes, but I think that the clue being destroyed when dying with it in a pvm scenario\pvp scenario will affect actual players that got a clue and unfortunately died with it right away. What about that it just wouldn't change the clue each time? You'll always have the last clue that you had, even if you died with it or not.
And I don't know what to say about the ::modwild command being available to helpers. I love the helper rank for it's powerless status. Personally, I wouldn't want that command to be available for us.

Parkyboii

Post by Parkyboii » Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks boss, some annoying bugs fixed here :D
Image Image
Image Image

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Respire1337 wrote:And I don't know what to say about the ::modwild command being available to helpers. I love the helper rank for it's powerless status. Personally, I wouldn't want that command to be available for us.
They used to have access to it unintentionally. Mike removed that access.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Respire1337 wrote:Really nice and needed bug fixes, but I think that the clue being destroyed when dying with it in a pvm scenario\pvp scenario will affect actual players that got a clue and unfortunately died with it right away. What about that it just wouldn't change the clue each time? You'll always have the last clue that you had, even if you died with it or not.
And I don't know what to say about the ::modwild command being available to helpers. I love the helper rank for it's powerless status. Personally, I wouldn't want that command to be available for us.
If you are only carrying 2 items (or 3, with the item protect prayer) along with your clue scroll, you won't lose the scroll as you'll respawn with it in your inventory after you die. It simply introduces an extra challenge in trying to keep your scroll while entering a dangerous area such as the wilderness. It was simply never intended to be an item that would always drop on the floor to pick up again if you die with it.
We can always increase the ::prices value of clue scrolls in order to make them protect over other items, but that's another issue.

As for ::modwild, the command was available on accident to helpers when we introduced it last week. This update removes the command from helpers.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Mike wrote:
Respire1337 wrote:Really nice and needed bug fixes, but I think that the clue being destroyed when dying with it in a pvm scenario\pvp scenario will affect actual players that got a clue and unfortunately died with it right away. What about that it just wouldn't change the clue each time? You'll always have the last clue that you had, even if you died with it or not.
If you are only carrying 2 items (or 3, with the item protect prayer) along with your clue scroll, you won't lose the scroll as you'll respawn with it in your inventory after you die. It simply introduces an extra challenge in trying to keep your scroll while entering a dangerous area such as the wilderness. It was simply never intended to be an item that would always drop on the floor to pick up again if you die with it.
We can always increase the ::prices value of clue scrolls in order to make them protect over other items, but that's another issue.

As for ::modwild, the command was available on accident to helpers when we introduced it last week. This update removes the command from helpers.
Fair enough, just saying in case a lot of players start complaining about the clue scroll update. And ohhh...misread that...Sorry!

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed May 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Respire1337 wrote:Fair enough, just saying in case a lot of players start complaining about the clue scroll update.
Tonight we feast on the tears of pvmers!

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Wed May 16, 2018 5:29 pm

thanks for the update, was much needed :)

Mr etho
Premium Donator

Post by Mr etho » Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 pm

*buys 2b prayer for double xp, thinks to himself that this is his time to get that shit out of the way*
*goes on 12 hour patrol shift on 25th*
*volunteers to go to 5 hour Police & Media course on 26th*
* realizes he has work on 27th & 28th*
* realizes that he most likely won't get that 2b prayer xp*
*cries*

Also, Mike - Let's get that UIM in game now pls.thanks

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed May 16, 2018 6:31 pm

With the change of the clue scroll it is even more necessary that the clue scroll has the same value as the casket.
Nice bugfixes tho. Except I hoped the glitches of the diaries would get fixed as well. For example a lot of item drops at revenants are not counted, seen many people complain about that.
I assume and hope the change im who gets loot and points in the wilderness only applies in multi areas?