28 April - wilderness achievements & 10 year anniversary!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

28 April - wilderness achievements & 10 year anniversary!

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:07 pm

First of all, I am glad to announce the coming of a double XP event from 25 to 28 May, starting in:

Ending in:

The reason why, you'll find at the bottom of this news post! Although the title of this post probably already gave that away.

But first, let's talk about something everyone has been looking forward to for a very long time now. It's been over a year since we first announced we'd get rid of the 500 killcount requirement for the completionist cape - today, that promise is finally becoming a reality! At last, we have our very own Wilderness achievement diary!

There are 2 parts to the achievement diary. There is a set of PvM/skilling tasks and there is a set of PvP tasks. Ironman Mode players do not have the PvP tasks - instead, they need to do twice the amount of each PvM task.

Everyone who had a completionist cape will be unable to equip it until they have completed the wilderness achievement diary. In the meantime, you can obtain a free replacement max cape from the cape rack in your Player-Owned House costume room. Once you have completed the diary, you can reclaim your completionist cape for free by trading in your max cape at the cape rack again.
Those with player kills already have a portion of their PvP tasks completed, up to 2/3rd of each task if you have 500 kills (1/3rd of each task if you have 250 kills etc.). Ironman Mode players with player kills have a portion of their PvM tasks completed already, up to 1/3rd of each task if you have 500 kills (1/6th of each task if you have 250 kills etc.).
Players who already obtained certain rare item drops, a boss pet or boss kills in the past also have the appropriate amount of tasks completed already (based on our NPC drop logs and PoH bookcase boss kills). For the tasks that we didn't track yet (such as boss slayer tasks or clue steps), everyone has to start at 0.

An overview of all wilderness achievement tasks:
Spoiler: show
PvM/skilling tasks (double of each task amount for Ironman Mode players)
  • WildyWyrm: 1 clue scroll or 40 kills
  • King Black Dragon: 1 draconic visage or 120 kills
  • Venenatis: 1 treasonous ring or 250 kills
  • Callisto: 1 tyrannical ring or 250 kills
  • Vet'ion: 1 ring of the gods or 100 kills
  • Scorpia: 1 shard (odium or mal.) or 60 kills
  • Cr. Archaeologist: 1 shard (odium or mal.) or 80 kills
  • Chaos Fanatic: 1 shard (odium or mal.) or 80 kills
  • Kill each boss once in 1 trip, no trading/looting players: 3x (these bosses are WW, Vet'ion, Venenatis, Callisto, Crazy Archaeologist, Chaos Fanatic, Chaos Elemental, Scorpia and KBD). Note: dealing 100% damage is not needed, you just need to be the one to receive the drop. You are allowed to log out without resetting your trip and you are also allowed to bank in between 2 trips
  • Boss pet: 1 from any wild boss or kill each boss (that has a pet) 150 times
  • Complete boss slayer tasks in the wilderness: 2
  • Revenants: 4 pieces of PvP armour
  • Mage Arena: 3 different god capes
  • Glacors (in wild): 20 choc-ice
  • Frost dragons (in wild): 100 frost dragon bones
  • Frost dragons: 20 kills using no anti dragonfire measures
  • Lava dragons: 80 lava dragon bones
  • Chaos elemental: 300 hand cannon shots
  • Chaos elemental: 10 full solo kills while staying under 40hp
  • Regular dragons (in wild): 500 dragon bones
  • Agility Course: 50 laps wearing spotted/spottier cape
  • Clue scroll: 10 clue steps in the wilderness
  • Black salamanders: 100 caught
  • Black chinchompas: 150 caught
  • Dark crabs: 300 caught
  • Magic logs: 300 cut
  • Runite golems: 300 runite ore mined

PvP tasks (only on Bounty Hunter targets)
  • Obtain Bounty Hunter points by trading emblems: 35,000
  • Artifact drops from player kills: 10
  • Full kills while using normal prayer book: 15
  • Full kills while wearing any full Barrows set: 10
  • Full kills with ranged: 5
  • Full kills carrying less than 200M in items: 5 (the price checker button between your equipment and items kept on death will tell you how much you're carrying in wealth - includes equipment)
  • Freeze, bind, snare or entangle players: 500 seconds
  • Loot from player kills: 500M worth
  • PkHonor Points from player kills: 2000
  • Pest Control Points from player kills: 200
  • Damage with poison or venom: 200
  • Damage with vengeance, deflect or recoil: 2000
  • Prayer points drained with smite: 500
And the rewards:
Spoiler: show
Once you complete the PvM/skilling tasks (or, for Ironman Mode players, once you complete 14/27 tasks):
  • All bones drops in the wilderness are noted (can be toggled at Death in Edgeville)
  • You can right-click your WildyWyrm clue scroll to teleport to a random WildyWyrm (works up to level 20 wilderness)
  • The level requirement to fish dark crabs is 75 instead of 85. This also results in a faster dark crab catch rate
  • Piles notes all your items for free, instead of keeping 1 as a fee
Once you have completed the PvP tasks (not for Ironman Mode players):
  • 20% discount on all Bounty Hunter store items
  • Player kills have a chance of dropping an elite clue scroll. This chance is much higher against Bounty Hunter targets
  • Artifact drops will always give one of the 10 most valuable ones (out of the 17 artifacts there are)
Once you have completed every single achievement, you also receive the following benefits:
  • At the ancient obelisks, you will be able to choose the teleport destination
  • All degradeable items degrade 30% slower in the wilderness, including hybrid armour
  • You can use an amulet of glory on the fountain of rune to recharge it to an amulet of glory (6). This also has a 1/2000 chance to transform your amulet into an amulet of eternal glory with unlimited teleports
  • You can purchase the wilderness sword 4 from the Armour & Weapons store for 100M coins. This sword has +82 stab, +78 slash and +82 strength bonus, while granting +20% strength and attack bonus against monsters in the wilderness. It also provides unlimited teleports to the fountain of rune. The sword is untradeable and goes to the refund box on death, costing 80M coins to reclaim. The killer also receives 80M as coin drop
Other improvements & bugfixes in today's update:
  • The 'Accept Aid' button has been added in the Settings tab, allowing you to block others from casting heal, cure, energy transfer or vengeance on you. This setting is recommended for those going for the 'kill all wilderness bosses in 1 trip' achievement, because the achievement will fail if another player casts one of these lunar spells on you
  • The droprate of artifacts on Bounty Hunter target kills has been significantly increased (as in more than doubled). This also means the 50% bonus artifact droprates for players ranked #4 or higher on the PK leaderboard now makes a much bigger difference than before
  • You can now simply walk across the wilderness ditch, rather than having to jump over it
  • Killing a WildyWyrm while on a slayer task now grants 50 Slayer Points instead of 5
  • The WildyWyrm clue scroll now also displays when a wyrm is about to spawn and how long it will take before it spawns
  • Wearing a perfect ring while killing players in the wilderness now has a 10% chance to grant double PkHonor Points (only from the kills itself, not from looted items that give PKP)
  • The droprates of god staffs and capes from the battle mages at the Mage Bank have been significantly increased
  • Applying poison through melee now makes the poison damage count towards your damage done to said player (this mechanic is most likely not the way it's done in OSRS, but we still feel like it's the right thing to do)
  • The teleport spells in your spellbook will now turn gray when you are in combat and don't have enough runes to teleport away. Also fixed a minor visual bug with the shown rune amounts
  • The 'monsters' teleport spell in your spellbook now has a new icon to make it distinguishable from the minigames teleport. This way, each teleport spell now has its own icon
  • The 'logout' button now shows a countdown timer when you are in combat
  • Fixed a bug where killing Vet'ions first form would be counted in your PoH bookcase
  • Fixed a bug where not all frost dragon kills were counted in your PoH bookcase

I am also glad to announce that in May, we are celebrating PkHonor's 10 year anniversary! My work on the server may have only started in November 2009, but by then the server was already one and a half years old, as it was initially released by Sami, our founder, who first launched this server in May 2008!

During the entire month of May, there will be 10% discount on all Donator Store items. Since it's also been over 5 years since we last added anything to our donator store (not including the coins and tickets we added a few months ago), we decided it was time to change that up a bit.

On 1 May, we will be adding the Frozen whip mix and Volcanic whip mix as permanent additions to the donator store to allow players to colour their abyssal whips, along with the Gilded armour set and Rogue set. These are all purely cosmetic and offer no added bonuses (gilded has the stats of rune armour). As of now, you may also expect a few extra items into the donator store from time to time.

The iconic Bag of grain will also be on sale in the donator store for just 1 week, starting on 1 May. After that one week, we will do an evaluation and may choose to sell it for another week (possibly 2) if too few are sold (we want it to be rare, but not too rare). After the sale is ended, the Bag of grain will not be sold again for at least another 6 months.

Furthermore, each weekend in May, there will be a major weekend event, as follows:

A wilderness event, with:
  • 20% higher droprates on all wilderness monsters
  • 20% bonus slayer xp and 50% bonus slayer points from all wilderness monsters
  • 20% extra PkHonor Points and PC points from WildyWyrm kills
  • 50% chance to receive +2 BH emblem tiers instead of +1
  • 50% extra artifact drops
  • 50% bonus combat XP in the wilderness
  • 50% bonus PkHonor Points on player kills
  • 50% bonus chance to receive a Tier 1 BH emblem on target kills
Starting in:

Ending in:

A double pet drop event, starting in:

Ending in:

A God Wars dungeon event, with free entrance to every single boss room including the Nex room (Nex requiring completion of The Last Journey quest), 20% higher droprates and double pet droprates on all GWD monsters, starting in:

Ending in:

And of course, last but not least, a double XP event from 25 to 28 May, as announced in the beginning of this post.

At some point during the month, there will also be a new Titan event, which is yet to be announced.

Enjoy!

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Re: 28 April - wilderness achievements & 10 year anniversary

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Sweet mother of Pearl.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:24 pm

Good work devs!
Mike wrote:You can use an amulet of glory on the fountain of rune to recharge it to an amulet of glory (6). This also has a 1/2000 chance to transform your amulet into an amulet of eternal glory with unlimited teleports
I think you answered this but I missed it. Is it 1/2000 per glory or per use on fountain. Like if i have 28 glories, do I have 28 rolls? Thanks.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Troll n roll wrote:Good work devs!
Mike wrote:You can use an amulet of glory on the fountain of rune to recharge it to an amulet of glory (6). This also has a 1/2000 chance to transform your amulet into an amulet of eternal glory with unlimited teleports
I think you answered this but I missed it. Is it 1/2000 per glory or per use on fountain. Like if i have 28 glories, do I have 28 rolls? Thanks.
If you are recharging 28 glories (one by one - we don't do recharging of entire inventories in 1 click), you have 28 rolls. And no, I don't think I answered that particular question yet.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 pm

Mike wrote:If you are recharging 28 glories (one by one - we don't do recharging of entire inventories in 1 click), you have 28 rolls. And no, I don't think I answered that particular question yet.
That makes sense, idk why I thought it was 28 at once. Thanks.

edit: Also are these donations items going to be available for ironmen too. If so, how will they be obtainable?
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Will all of the new donor store items be tradable? Considering they are cosmetic, I think they should be untradable. Also consider the ::prices value of each. Make sure none of the items alch for an insane amount.

Amazing stuff as always. Thanks for the double exp. Time to use all these construction supplies finally.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Adamthalion wrote:Will all of the new donor store items be tradable? Considering they are cosmetic, I think they should be untradable.
We considered it, but we don't like the idea of players having only one way to obtain an item, being to pay real money for it. The only viable alternative would be to create a way for players to donate for others, but that can create issues in case of donation chargebacks or refunds. Having all donor items tradeable takes care of this problem.

Whiprealgood
Premium Donator

Post by Whiprealgood » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Kylo ren wrote:Sweet mother of Pearl.
Summed up my thoughts exactly :lol: I'm very excited for all the new content!! Great work guys!
Check out my Youtube channel!

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Great upcoming updates! Everyone was waiting for them and here they are. Thank you Mike! Let the diaries hype begin(not to mention the awesome rewards!).

Mr etho
Premium Donator

Post by Mr etho » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:59 pm

New ironman mode next?