Wilderness achievement diary rewards

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Do you agree with the suggested rewards?

I agree with all rewards
36%
I disagree with noted bone drops (PvM)
No votes
I disagree with WW teleport option (PvM)
No votes
I disagree with Piles noting items for free (PvM
No votes
I disagree with 20% BH store discount (PvP
No votes
I disagree with elite clue drops on player kills (PvP)
11%
I disagree with better artifacts on BH target kills (PvP)
4%
I disagree with free teleporting in combat (all)
36%
I disagree with ancient obelisk teleport options (all)
7%
I disagree with slower degradation of items in wild (all)
7%

Total votes: 28

Mike
Programmer

Wilderness achievement diary rewards

Post by Mike » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:34 am

Now that the full list of wilderness achievement tasks has been decided, approved by the community and implemented into the game, it's time to settle on the rewards.

On top of being a new completionist cape requirement (as replacement for the 500 killcount requirement), I have the following rewards in mind:

PvM rewards (for Ironman mode players: upon completing 14/27 achievements):
  • All bone drops are automatically noted
  • WildyWyrm clue scroll has 'teleport' option which teleports you to a random WW (only works up to lvl 20 wild)
  • Piles in the resource area notes your items for free (so he doesn't take 1 item as fee)
PvP rewards (not for Ironman):
  • 20% discount on all items in the Bounty Hunter store
  • Player kills always have a small chance to drop an elite clue scroll, higher chance when killing BH targets
  • Artifact drops will always give one of the 10 most valuable ones (out of the 17 artifacts there are)
Rewards for completing the entire diary:
  • Teleport spells are free in combat, no runes or teletab required (also applies out of wild)
  • Ancient obelisks give you the option to choose which obelisk to teleport to
  • Degradeable items last 30% longer in the wilderness (applies to hybrid armour as well)
Let me know what you think! If you have other rewards mind, you can suggest them here as well.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Re: Wilderness achievement diary rewards

Post by Respire1337 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:25 pm

• I love them ,they are pretty nice,
  • but no to the free teleport out of combat, anyone can missclick a teleport while at a boss and teleport you away, or in a pvp fight, when casting spells, you might missclick and teleport away, receiving a lot of "pk banter" for avoiding or tabbing and makes everything even safer than before, no need to bring a teleport since you click on any teleport with no requirements. So, it's a big "NO" from me, sorry. Some\most might disagree.
  • Any idea if the Wilderness sword can\would be added? You can also move the noted dragon bones, faster dark crab catch rate and the unlimited teleports to the Fountain of Rune( this can be helpful for faster teleportation to Chaos elemental, and even to the WildyWyrm that is quite near to the fountain) to the sword, giving it a good use.
  • Also can the noted bones in wilderness be a toggle? Some might want to get the experience right away( this applies especially for lava dragons) rather then having a lot of noted bones.
In rest, everything looks awesome! Thanks Mike.

Edit: The sword perk's could apply without actually having it with you( this shouldn't apply when catching dark crabs in my opinion).

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:36 pm

I like it all

Shatner
One Hit Wonder

Post by Shatner » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:02 pm

I like the idea of these rewards however the elite clue via PvP seems exploitable to me, if it's able to be implemented where people can't just farm each other for clues it would be great :)

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Respire1337 wrote:
  • I love them ,they are pretty nice,
  • but no to the free teleport out of combat, anyone can missclick a teleport while at a boss and teleport you away, or in a pvp fight, when casting spells, you might missclick and teleport away, receiving a lot of "pk banter" for avoiding or tabbing and makes everything even safer than before, no need to bring a teleport since you click on any teleport with no requirements. So, it's a big "NO" from me, sorry. Some\most might disagree.
  • Any idea if the Wilderness sword can\would be added? You can also move the noted dragon bones, faster dark crab catch rate and the unlimited teleports to the Fountain of Rune( this can be helpful for faster teleportation to Chaos elemental, and even to the WildyWyrm that is quite near to the fountain) to the sword, giving it a good use.
  • Also can the noted bones in wilderness be a toggle? Some might want to get the experience right away( this applies especially for lava dragons) rather then having a lot of noted bones.
In rest, everything looks awesome! Thanks Mike.

Edit: The sword perk's could apply without actually having it with you( this shouldn't apply when catching dark crabs in my opinion).
I agree with your ideas. Being able to teleport with no meanings of teleport material meanwhile being in combat is counter-productive. I would like people who forgets getting a teleport option to get punished accordingly and not give players free teleports for any gives circumstance.
ImageImage

Whiprealgood
Premium Donator

Post by Whiprealgood » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:44 pm

How about 15% off refund costs for fire, max, and comp capes rather than free teleports out of combat? I cant really stand by the free teleport out of combat idea myself.
Check out my Youtube channel!

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:08 pm

Whiprealgud wrote:How about 15% off refund costs for fire, max, and comp capes rather than free teleports out of combat? I cant really stand by the free teleport out of combat idea myself.
That would also mean your capes will drop less gp, otherwise this will be heavily abused. But yeah, I quite enjoy this one a lot.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Respire1337 wrote:
Whiprealgud wrote:How about 15% off refund costs for fire, max, and comp capes rather than free teleports out of combat? I cant really stand by the free teleport out of combat idea myself.
That would also mean your capes will drop less gp, otherwise this will be heavily abused. But yeah, I quite enjoy this one a lot.
Refund price and drop price can be completely seperated if desired.

Im on meth
Premium Donator

Post by Im on meth » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:27 pm

Andres wrote:
Respire1337 wrote:
He's saying the drop price must be the same as the refund price. If they were separate, players could skull, suicide to a friend and lose their cape (drops 100M), and then the player would go buy it back for 15% off (85M).

Whiprealgood
Premium Donator

Post by Whiprealgood » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:06 am

Im on meth wrote:
Andres wrote:
Respire1337 wrote: That would also mean your capes will drop less gp, otherwise this will be heavily abused. But yeah, I quite enjoy this one a lot.
He's saying the drop price must be the same as the refund price. If they were separate, players could skull, suicide to a friend and lose their cape (drops 100M), and then the player would go buy it back for 15% off (85M).
Yes this would be a clear loophole that allows for abuse without a doubt. That being said is it possible that killing someone with the discounted buyback for these capes would only drop the cash that it would cost for them to get it back? Could be a benefit that if you complete the achievement diaries then they get less from your cape drop if you get pk'd.
Check out my Youtube channel!