Final wilderness achievement diary rewards

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Do you agree with the wilderness sword?

Yes, I fully agree with the price, stats and bonus
74%
I disagree with its price, make it a lot cheaper
No votes
I disagree with its price, make it a bit cheaper
5%
I disagree with its stats, give it the stats of the OSRS wilderness sword
11%
I disagree with its stats, lower them but not by much
5%
I disagree with 20% attack and strength bonus against monsters in the wild
5%

Total votes: 19

Mike
Programmer

Final wilderness achievement diary rewards

Post by Mike » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:48 pm

Considering the rather negative feedback on free teleporting in combat upon completing the full wilderness achievement diary, I have worked out an alternative: access to the Wilderness Sword 4, which gives unlimited free teleports to the Fountain of Rune in level 47 wilderness. Unlike OSRS, I would also like to give it decent stats (+82 stab, +78 slash and +82 strength bonus), while granting +20% strength and attack bonus against monsters in the wilderness, making it a proper (and not too expensive) alternative to an abyssal whip to be used mostly in the wilderness. It can be purchased at the Armour & Weapon shop for 100M coins, but only upon completing the diary. On death, the item goes to your refund box for 80M and 80M coins are dropped for your killer.
This might also decrease the demand of whips (since it has the same stats), making whips somewhat cheaper for players to obtain.

On top of that, completing the diary also gives players the ability to recharge their amulet of glory at the Fountain of Rune (does not require premium status) and has a 1/2000 chance to transform your amulet of glory into an Amulet of Eternal Glory, a tradeable Amulet of Glory with unlimited teleports.

A player also suggested to make the noted bone drops a toggle, as players might prefer to have unnoted bone drops instead (especially for lava dragons). I agree with that statement and would add it as an option in the chat interface when talking to Death in Edgeville.

Lastly, I have also added one more PvM reward: higher dark crab catch rates and players only require a fishing level of 75 instead of 85.

The full rewards list now looks like this:

PvM rewards (for Ironman mode players: upon completing 14/27 achievements):
  • All bone drops are automatically noted (can be toggled at Death in Edgeville)
  • WildyWyrm clue scroll has a 'teleport' option which teleports you to a random WW (only works up to lvl 20 wild)
  • Piles in the resource area notes your items for free (so he doesn't take 1 item as fee)
  • Dark crabs only require level 75 fishing to catch instead of level 85 and have higher catch rates
PvP rewards (not for Ironman):
  • 20% discount on all items in the Bounty Hunter store
  • Player kills always have a small chance to drop an elite clue scroll, higher chance when killing BH targets
  • Artifact drops will always give one of the 10 most valuable ones (out of the 17 artifacts there are)
Rewards for completing the entire diary:
  • Ability to purchase a Wilderness Sword 4 from the Armour & Weapons store for 100M coins. This item gives free unlimited teleports to the Fountain of Rune and has +82 stab, +78 slash and +82 strength bonus, along with +20% attack and strength bonus against monsters in the wilderness. On death, it goes to your refund box for 80M and 80M coins are dropped for the killer
  • Ancient obelisks give you the option to choose which obelisk to teleport to
  • Degradeable items last 30% longer in the wilderness (applies to hybrid armour as well)
  • Ability to recharge an Amulet of Glory at the Fountain of Rune, with a 1/2000 chance to transform into a tradeable Amulet of Eternal glory

Poar
Known Venturer

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary rewards

Post by Poar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:51 pm

Make the eternal glory always kept on death ?

Hello no cc
Premium Donator

Post by Hello no cc » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:54 pm

"Ancient obelisks give you the option to choose which obelisk to teleport to"

this would go into effect as to everyone on the obby correct? one person could choose the location and it would take everyone or did you implement only the one person.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:55 pm

I don't like giving it the increased stats. I think the unlimited teleports that it provides, coupled with the ability to obtain the eternal glory is reward enough.

Combined with everything else, I think this reward list is looking very balanced.
Hello no cc wrote:"Ancient obelisks give you the option to choose which obelisk to teleport to"

this would go into effect as to everyone on the obby correct? one person could choose the location and it would take everyone or did you implement only the one person.
It should teleport every player, just like on OSRS.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Adamthalion wrote:I don't like giving it the increased stats. I think the unlimited teleports that it provides, coupled with the ability to obtain the eternal glory is reward enough.
I was thinking the same, but then again completeing the diaries wont be an easy task to begin with. I'd suggest lowering the bonus's on the sword in pvp, but giving them in a pvm situation (that way it doesn't replace the whip in pvp, but gives the option to be used in pvm situations in the wilderness)

Considering it's an end of all task reward I don't see it as too OP, but don't make the whip dead content (for players who complete the achievments) either

But I do love the idea of the wilderness sword being given bonus's against the actual wilderness monsters rather than players
Last edited by Thearlygamer on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Poar
Known Venturer

Post by Poar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Normal whip is dead content for ppl who gonna complete this anyways

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:20 pm

Poar wrote:Normal whip is dead content for ppl who gonna complete this anyways
can't argue with that especially with the availability of the rapier
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 pm

Adamthalion wrote:I don't like giving it the increased stats. I think the unlimited teleports that it provides, coupled with the ability to obtain the eternal glory is reward enough.

Combined with everything else, I think this reward list is looking very balanced.
I can understand the concerns regarding the wilderness sword stats, but since the whole achievement diary is far from easy to complete, and the fact that the abyssal whip is too expensive a weapon to obtain for most new players, I do believe it's a fitting reward and improves the game as a whole.

Whips will get cheaper as a result, but isn't that what we have been trying to achieve for quite some time now?
Adamthalion wrote:
Hello no cc wrote:"Ancient obelisks give you the option to choose which obelisk to teleport to"

It should teleport every player, just like on OSRS.
Yes, one player chooses the destination and everyone on the platform will get teleported to that destination.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:31 pm

Mike wrote:Yes, whips will get cheaper as a result, but wasn't that what we have been trying to achieve for quite some time now?
Yes, I completely agree with getting whips to be cheaper. It just feels weird giving this sword those stats. The abyssal whip is an iconic osrs item. Giving the sword the same stats would mean more people use it for edge pking. It would be really weird logging on to a server where everyone is pking with a purple sword instead of whips. I think the stats should be in between the whip and dragon scimitar at most. Then that 20% boost in pvm makes it more of a niche weapon instead of completely replacing the whip.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:45 pm

My only issue with this is that there’s no overarching “wow, check out this cool reward.”

Other quests have nex, Dag kings, etc. This has nothing.

My suggestion: unlock the wilderness slayer taskmaster (already exists on OSRS) that gives 1.5/2x slayer xp/points after finishing 14/28 tasks.

People will want fast slayer xp. Plus, this’ll actually put more people in the wilderness. Fast XP fuels activity, it’s just how it is.

Right now, I just see a list of “meh”