Looting bag: for everyone or only on diary completion?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

How should players be able to obtain the looting bag?

From all wilderness monsters, without requirements (like OSRS)
58%
Only from boss monsters, without requirements
14%
From all wilderness monsters after completing the wildy achievement diary
21%
Only from boss monsters after completing the wildy achievement diary
7%

Total votes: 57

Mike
Programmer

Looting bag: for everyone or only on diary completion?

Post by Mike » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:40 pm

The rewards for completing the wilderness achievement diary will very soon be posted in the poll forum to receive final community approval, but first a not so unimportant question regarding the looting bag!

For the uninformed, the looting bag is an item that players can obtain from monsters in the wilderness, which can contain up to 28 items. Players can only put items in it while inside the wilderness and they can only take items out of it at a bank booth. In other words, the looting bag is useful for extending PvM or PvP trips in the wilderness by allowing you to collect and keep up to 28 looted items.

The looting bag is one of the first items that will be worked on after the achievement diary is released (hopefully by the end of this week), but I am contemplating to only give players who have completed the wilderness achievement diary access to this (really useful) bag. In OSRS, the bag is available to all players and they have a really high droprate from even the easiest of monsters. In our opinion, that's far too easy to obtain for being such a useful item, but perhaps the community disagrees with that. Cast your votes and let us know!

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Looting bag: for everyone or only on diary completion?

Post by Iron adam » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:58 pm

It should be available to all players. We already have enough content that furthers the gap between new players and veterans. Without a looting bag, new players are going to be at a massive disadvantage.

If the wilderness diaries need a reward, add the ability to chose the obelisk destination. Just like the wilderness diary on OSRS.
Another option is adding the Wilderness Sword. Unlimited free teleports to the fountain of rune.
Yet another reward could be the noting of all dragon bone drops in the wilderness. This would be toggle-able: http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wik ... #Rewards_4

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Bosses like vet'ion drop lots of skilling supplies which can accumulate to quite a nice loot inventory. It sits at around 32 wildy, which makes it not really risky. You can tele out at lvl30 with glory, and if you get tbed you are still not too deep in the wildy. The problem with these kind of bosses is that your inventory is filled quite quickly, so you often don't have many brews to tank pvpers left. If everyone gets looting bag everyone will have 20 brews at these bosses. I'm more of a fan of it being a reward for completing diary achievements, it gives people a goal to work at except doing it for comp.
Although I have to agree with Adam that it might be too much of a perk that gives long-time players a big advantage over new players, which is something that might have spooked new players to enter the pvp aspect in the past.
I am not sure how I feel about making it a permanent thing to have. Maybe make it a one-time-use item and sell it to anyone who completed achievement diaries for a litttle fee (for example 50 pkp, idk?).

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:03 pm

This is and should be one of the most important items in wilderness in general. It's one of the most useful items in OSRS, not only to pkers, but pvmers and skillers alike, not to mention how important is for an UIM( looting bag will be the most important item for an UIM whenever that will be released).
Also, having one practically offers you 28 extra bank spaces.
So...at how important it is...this should be available for everyone, being dropped by any npcs in wilderness. To add a little twist, the completion of the Wilderness Diaries will always guarantee the looting bag drop if you don't have already one from any wilderness npc you might kill. With no diaries completed, let the drop rate be pretty high, something like 1 in 500 or so, one thing to make the diaries grind for, but this way the looting bag will be available to everyone.
Please, whenever it will be released, should have all the perks from OSRS, listed here. Not to mention the price checker whenever you open the looting bag.

Edit: Don't you ever make this tradeable, under any circumstances,and maybe add it to the Bounty Hunter shop for bh points. Other ways of obtaining it than killing wilderness npcs and BH will just ruin it.

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Adamthalion wrote:It should be available to all players. We already have enough content that furthers the gap between new players and veterans. Without a looting bag, new players are going to be at a massive disadvantage.

If the wilderness diaries need a reward, add the ability to chose the obelisk destination. Just like the wilderness diary on OSRS.
Another option is adding the Wilderness Sword. Unlimited free teleports to the fountain of rune.
Yet another reward could be the noting of all dragon bone drops in the wilderness. This would be toggle-able: http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wik ... #Rewards_4
I second this notion.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Adamthalion wrote:It should be available to all players. We already have enough content that furthers the gap between new players and veterans. Without a looting bag, new players are going to be at a massive disadvantage.

Wilderness sword with teleport to the fountain of rune wasn't really on my list of rewards (so far anyway), but the noted (dragon) bone drops along with the option to select where to teleport were already on my list. Those were the main rewards that I had taken from the OSRS diary rewards, but I've also come up with some others already. I just wondered whether the looting bag would be a proper reward for the diary as well, or if it should be obtainable without any requirements.

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:21 pm

I personally think it should be available to everyone, will defiantly have to lower drop rates on a few monsters to compensate.

As far as the reward goes I really do not have a suggestion at this time.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Edited to fix double post.

I am still highly in favor of a BH-point exclusive pet that can only be bought after completing the diaries. Let it cost 500k BH points.

If you want real end-game content that people will grind for, you need pets. People will PK to obtain a pet. It's how the game works.

Make it be a tiny little death (like the morph ring one) that just follows you around.

disclaimer: saying this bc i have a lot of bh points

Looting diary:

14 spots available to all players. 28 available after completing the diary.

Edit2:

MIKE I HAVE AN IDEA.

Unlock the wildy-only slayer master after completing the diaries. (http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Krystilia). Make her tasks give 1.5x slayer XP and points.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Wait a minute, this thread seems familiar: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=68412
Simon wrote:Unlock the wildy-only slayer master after completing the diaries.
Very good idea

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:24 pm

If you ever want to introduce Ultimate iron man then you have to make it obtainable without the achievements.