Final wilderness achievement diary list

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Do you agree with the proposed achievement list?

Yes, I fully agree
27
54%
Yes, I agree but have a suggestion for a minor change in amount, posted below
1
2%
I agree with the PvM tasks but add more PvP tasks
1
2%
I agree with the PvM tasks but remove one or more PvP tasks
11
22%
Remove one or more PvM tasks but I agree with the PvP tasks
2
4%
Remove one or more PvM tasks, add more PvP tasks
1
2%
Remove one or more PvM tasks, remove one of more PvP tasks
7
14%
 
Total votes: 50

I2aw origins
Premium Donator
Posts: 3757
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by I2aw origins » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Fungamer wrote:
I2aw origins wrote:
Fungamer wrote: Actually that sounds less like a chore and more like what an achievement diary is meant to be. That one specific would be a fun little challenge to set for yourself. The real chores are going to be the ones you will not have passively earned by the end of getting all kills/bosskills/.... (Like DFS damage and stuff. Those will probably also get boosted if they've got almost no tasks left to do and just need that recoil/veng/dfs/whatever damage done.)
Meh, a lot of that would be done in regular pking. People who pk regularly will more than likely see the pvm-based wildy diaries as a chore, and vice versa
Thing is, PKers have it a lot easier when it comes to PVM tasks :P They just grind them and boom, done. I'm certain that some PvMers will kick, shout and howl about the PvP activities they will have to perform
Well to be fair that's the game they play. If they choose to not pk, that's fine and they won't get the cape. If they want the cape, they can learn how to and probably even learn to like it in the process. I'm genuinely surprised the poll about pvmers skipping pvp tasks failed like it did. I thought it was going to be like a 100-9 to skip

Simon
Honor Player
Posts: 5815
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:03 am

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Simon » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Mike wrote: For example, "block damage with a chaos elemental pet" requires you to obtain a chaos elemental pet.
The general reasoning behind this is "an easy task, but it requires a completion of the game on some level to complete." It's like the "pray at an altar with soulsplit activated" on RS3. It takes one minute to complete, but 92 prayer is nothing to scoff at.

If we want to make the pet task less difficult, we could make it "block damage from a wilderness boss by having its pet following you." It's a quick task, but also requires the player to have PVMed in the wilderness for some amount of time.

Edit: It could even be a lucky pet. Make players vote a bit lmao
Image
Image
Image

Zygorf
Premium Donator
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:47 am

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Zygorf » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:39 am

I have questions about the ironman version of this. Sorry if these have been asked already.

"Kill each boss once without leaving or trading/looting players: 9"
Do we need to do this twice and are able to bank inbetween, or kill each boss twice before leaving?

"Frost dragons: 20 kills using no anti dragonfire measures"
Is this in succession? Can we bank after each kill?

"Chaos elemental: 5 full solo kills while staying under 40hp"
Same as first question, can we bank after 5 and do it again?

Basically the question is, will we have to do everything twice, or will the number itself double?

Thanks.

User avatar
B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic
Posts: 5102
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:55 pm

This seems like a very well-rounded list. However I have a little suggestion that could improve it. Similar to OSRS the diaries should be divided into four sections; easy, medium, hard and elite. That way you could eventually add more appropriate tasks into the diaries and make more challenging ones if needed. If this interest you, I could put some work on separating the tasks you've written up into the appropriate sections.

One more suggestion is adding the appropriate reward upon completing every set of tasks, for example the wilderness sword 1-4 for this wilderness diary. The sword could maybe be used to teleport to your wilderness target every 10 minutes or so. It doesn't need to have some overpowered abilities, but just a reward for the achievements you've done.

I.e Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Juntow
Known Venturer
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:56 am
Location: On a date with Elvarg

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Juntow » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:20 am

if this brings more fatdogs to wild then im happy

User avatar
Mike
Programmer
Posts: 5757
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: PkHonor HQ

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Mike » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:27 pm

Isaac wrote:the idea of getting 150 Scorpia kills without it being fixed gives me anxiety.
Can you elaborate on what exactly needs to be fixed about Scorpia (or forward a thread with a bug report)?

Zygorf wrote: "Kill each boss once without leaving or trading/looting players: 9"
Do we need to do this twice and are able to bank inbetween, or kill each boss twice before leaving?
You can do 1 trip (without leaving wild), then once you have completed said trip you can bank for your second trip. So no worries there.
Zygorf wrote:"Frost dragons: 20 kills using no anti dragonfire measures"
Is this in succession? Can we bank after each kill?

"Chaos elemental: 5 full solo kills while staying under 40hp"
Same as first question, can we bank after 5 and do it again?

Basically the question is, will we have to do everything twice, or will the number itself double?

Thanks.
You can bank after each kill, so it's not that hard to do. The only task that requires you to stay in the wilderness throughout the whole process is the one where you need to kill all bosses in 1 trip (and for that task, you can bank after killing each boss once, before you do your second trip).


While implementing the tasks, I've also rebalanced a few more numbers:
  • Regular players will need to complete 3 trips where they need to kill each boss once instead of 1 trip, so that makes 6 trips for Ironman. Reason being that this task that is probably the most interesting and challenging one and it felt like a waste to have players do it just once. Note that you are allowed to bank in between trips
  • You will need to complete 2 wilderness boss slayer tasks instead of 1
  • You will need to collect 80 lava dragon bones instead of 120
  • You will need to do 10 solo chaos elemental kills instead of 5
  • You will need to complete 10 clue steps in the wilderness instead of 5 (considering a large amount of clue steps are in fact in the wilderness, more than I initially thought)
  • You will need to obtain 10 artifacts from BH kills. Note that the artifact droprates will be more than doubled in the next update so it will be evened out
  • You will need to freeze, bind, snare or entangle players for 500 seconds instead of 200 (one cast of ice barrage already freezes players for 18 seconds so you won't have to cast a lot of them)
  • You will need to cause 200 damage in poison or venom instead of 100
  • You will need to drain 500 prayer points with smite instead of 200

The full list has been added into the game and I've performed most of the tests. My next 2 tasks are adding the rewards and setting as many achievements as possible to "completed" for those players who have already completed them, based on our NPC drop logs (along with partial completion of the PvP tasks for those who already have a number of player kills).

Nike007
Known Venturer
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:20 am

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Nike007 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Mike wrote:
Isaac wrote:the idea of getting 150 Scorpia kills without it being fixed gives me anxiety.
Can you elaborate on what exactly needs to be fixed about Scorpia (or forward a thread with a bug report)?

Zygorf wrote: "Kill each boss once without leaving or trading/looting players: 9"
Do we need to do this twice and are able to bank inbetween, or kill each boss twice before leaving?
You can do 1 trip (without leaving wild), then once you have completed said trip you can bank for your second trip. So no worries there.
Zygorf wrote:"Frost dragons: 20 kills using no anti dragonfire measures"
Is this in succession? Can we bank after each kill?


"Chaos elemental: 5 full solo kills while staying under 40hp"
Same as first question, can we bank after 5 and do it again?

Basically the question is, will we have to do everything twice, or will the number itself double?

Thanks.
You can bank after each kill, so it's not that hard to do. The only task that requires you to stay in the wilderness throughout the whole process is the one where you need to kill all bosses in 1 trip (and for that task, you can bank after killing each boss once, before you do your second trip).


While implementing the tasks, I've also rebalanced a few more numbers:
  • Regular players will need to complete 3 trips where they need to kill each boss once instead of 1 trip, so that makes 6 trips for Ironman. Reason being that this task that is probably the most interesting and challenging one and it felt like a waste to have players do it just once. Note that you are allowed to bank in between trips
  • You will need to complete 2 wilderness boss slayer tasks instead of 1
  • You will need to collect 80 lava dragon bones instead of 120
  • You will need to do 10 solo chaos elemental kills instead of 5
  • You will need to complete 10 clue steps in the wilderness instead of 5 (considering a large amount of clue steps are in fact in the wilderness, more than I initially thought)
  • You will need to obtain 10 artifacts from BH kills. Note that the artifact droprates will be more than doubled in the next update so it will be evened out
  • You will need to freeze, bind, snare or entangle players for 500 seconds instead of 200 (one cast of ice barrage already freezes players for 18 seconds so you won't have to cast a lot of them)
  • You will need to cause 200 damage in poison or venom instead of 100
  • You will need to drain 500 prayer points with smite instead of 200

The full list has been added into the game and I've performed most of the tests. My next 2 tasks are adding the rewards and setting as many achievements as possible to "completed" for those players who have already completed them, based on our NPC drop logs (along with partial completion of the PvP tasks for those who already have a number of player kills).
Can't say I completely agree with increasing the clue steps in the wilderness. I would estimate I get 1 wilderness step every 2-3 clues at most. Clues already take quite a while to get, we could be talking 20-30 clues needed to complete this, more like 70+ for ironman.

User avatar
Iron adam
Honor Player
Posts: 8793
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Iron adam » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Nike007 wrote:Can't say I completely agree with increasing the clue steps in the wilderness. I would estimate I get 1 wilderness step every 2-3 clues at most. Clues already take quite a while to get, we could be talking 20-30 clues needed to complete this, more like 70+ for ironman.
That's the whole point. This is meant to be an endgame diary. Not everything will be complete-able in a week.

Nike007
Known Venturer
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:20 am

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Nike007 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
Nike007 wrote:Can't say I completely agree with increasing the clue steps in the wilderness. I would estimate I get 1 wilderness step every 2-3 clues at most. Clues already take quite a while to get, we could be talking 20-30 clues needed to complete this, more like 70+ for ironman.
That's the whole point. This is meant to be an endgame diary. Not everything will be complete-able in a week.
Yeah, and something like this could take months... it's not just rng, it's rng on top of already bad rng.

User avatar
Iron adam
Honor Player
Posts: 8793
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Iron adam » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Nike007 wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:That's the whole point. This is meant to be an endgame diary. Not everything will be complete-able in a week.
Yeah, and something like this could take months... it's not just rng, it's rng on top of already bad rng.
Hard clues also have wildy steps, it is not just elites. Hards and Elites are fairly common from the wilderness bosses. I imagine that the average player would hit this mark before completing all of the boss tasks for the wilderness diary.

Locked