Final wilderness achievement diary list

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Do you agree with the proposed achievement list?

Yes, I fully agree
54%
Yes, I agree but have a suggestion for a minor change in amount, posted below
2%
I agree with the PvM tasks but add more PvP tasks
2%
I agree with the PvM tasks but remove one or more PvP tasks
22%
Remove one or more PvM tasks but I agree with the PvP tasks
4%
Remove one or more PvM tasks, add more PvP tasks
2%
Remove one or more PvM tasks, remove one of more PvP tasks
14%

Total votes: 50

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:49 pm

Y 3 wrote:
Respire1337 wrote: [*]remove the 500m loots from players, you'll never get that knowing that most of the players don't risk shit or use pvp crappy armours and crappy weapons, that convert in pkp so=0 gp
To be fair, the most common way of pking is Dharok's. Assuming they are skulled, that's an easy 500m (Full Dharok + Whip + DFS + maybe even a fury and/or b ring).
To be honest, if it's a total of 500m then it's good. I missread that oppsies.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Respire1337 wrote:
Mike wrote: (the price checker button between your equipment and items kept on death will tell you how much you're carrying in wealth - includes equipment)
No. Please add the actual price checker there, this thing should be shown in your "Items kept on death" interface. Please make use of the actual interfaces with what they are supposed to do, and don't mix up the interfaces.
This is only a temporary solution. Right now the button just says "coming soon" when you click it. Actually implementing the entire interface is quite a lot of work, but making it say your total equipment+inventory value is something we could add in 5 minutes time. Isn't it better for the button to at least be somewhat usable until we can add the full interface?

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Respire1337 wrote:
Mike wrote: (the price checker button between your equipment and items kept on death will tell you how much you're carrying in wealth - includes equipment)
No. Please add the actual price checker there, this thing should be shown in your "Items kept on death" interface. Please make use of the actual interfaces with what they are supposed to do, and don't mix up the interfaces.
This is only a temporary solution. Right now the button just says "coming soon" when you click it. Actually implementing the entire interface is quite a lot of work, but making it say your total equipment+inventory value is something we could add in 5 minutes time. Isn't it better for the button to at least be somewhat usable until we can add the full interface?
GE Market value prices aren’t current though. That’s part of the flaw in our system. In dh fights alone, current market the risk factor with dh, fury, whip, bring is 535m. Ge prices says it’s less than 500m. If the prices aren’t maintained properly, then how can we base what the actual risk factor is on a price checker that functions off the current ge market value?

Example is dh. Current market for a set is 300m-350m, but ge market value is set at midpoint for 250m.

Just need to allow Adam to update the prices on his own without seeking approval through 3 different people imo.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:44 pm

First question I have, with the kills requirements will you start at 0 after introducing the diary or will it look at what's in your bookcase?

Don't really see the point of adding 10 clue steps in the wilderness. As a task it is completely different than the pvm/pvp requirements and could be an annoying point for some people as it is completely RNG. Unless you change (hard/elite) clue scrolls to have at least 1 wilderness step in it then I would agree.

Full kills with mage/range. Wondering how that's coded. Does that mean nobody else can do damage to the person or it won't count? Does it mean npcs cannot have damaged the person? Does it mean you have to fully kill the person with range/mage or would you be able to use spec weapons like ags or claws?

Does receiving your opponents emblem tier count for the emblem tier achievement?

How does the full barrow set work? The only full barrow set that is used is dharoks and people only use dh axe once in a while. Kills are often from combos with spec weapons/veng/dh axe/whip. Rather than seeing 10 kills with full barrows I would prefer like 30 kills with at least 2 barrow items equipped myself.

The pkp and pcp seems too easy to boost. Not sure how to prevent it\how to replace it though.

If you're going to introduce diaries, resulting in people (temporarily) losing their comp capes, please make sure to update the boss requirements with the new bosses (GQC thread). At least they have a full overview what they need to do, instead of finishing the diaries and having the comp cape taken away a month later again.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Diaries seem fine.

The only thing I'd change is the "get X tier emblems." Instead of the diary being to get the kills, I think it should be to use the untradable items in the BH shop.

For example, "Get a kill while wearing a ring of vigour" would require someone to obtain 20k bh points. Or, "get a target kill after using a teleport crystal." Give some variety to these tasks list.

*Kinda saying this because I have a lot of bh points, but I still believe it makes a more "whole" tasks list.

EDIT:

100 laps on the agility course? 30 choc-ice? These tasks feel boring and repetitive.

Give it some variety! How about "eat a chocolate bomb (ID 2185) after completing a lap around the deep wilderness course."

The chocolate bomb can be made by using 20 choc-ice on the lava at the lava maze. As a reward for completing the diaries, chocolate bombs will give 30 minutes of +50% agility XP in the wilderness. Also, they could only require ~5-10 choc-ice after the diary is completed.

Also, make choc-ice and chocolate bombs untradable.

The best agility training method is hunting black warlocks, so this won't introduce any super-quick training methods. However, it will make the diaries actually feel like a cool task list instead of just a laundry list of time-consuming tasks.

Or, take the PvM tasks. Getting the ring is just a mindless task! Why not "kill Callisto while wearing a tyrannical ring (i)." As a reward for completing the diaries, the tyrannical ring (i) will give +15% damage against Callisto. Boom, you've just given life to otherwise dead content.
(rinse and repeat for the other wildy "ring" bosses as well).

For the DFS, why is it to obtain a visage? How about "smith a DFS in the wilderness and use it to kill the KBD."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like the current task list is just trying to add more content for Vets while completely disregarding what achievement diaries actually are. The content is dull and boring. We don't need that.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:31 pm

@Simon

Imbue scrolls are 150k Bh points. How can we expect normal players to obtain 150k Bh points to buy imbue scrolls?

I like the idea, but I hate how it feels so one-sided. You either have to spend 3b for an imbue scroll or you have to be good at pking to obtain enough emblems and high tiers to buy the imbue scroll. BH shop received a rework on the points, but there was some overkill involved imo.

Love the other ideas. Variety would be ideal. Kinda how rs had it for varrock diaries, edgeville diaries, falador diaries.. they had tons of variety with unique tasks. I really love the make DFS in wilderness and slay the KBD with it. Made my pecker hard reading that.

D 4 u 4
Premium Donator

Post by D 4 u 4 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Simon wrote:100 laps on the agility course? 30 choc-ice? These tasks feel boring and repetitive.

Give it some variety! How about "eat a chocolate bomb (ID 2185) after completing a lap around the deep wilderness course."

The chocolate bomb can be made by using 20 choc-ice on the lava at the lava maze. As a reward for completing the diaries, chocolate bombs will give 30 minutes of +50% agility XP in the wilderness. Also, they could only require ~5-10 choc-ice after the diary is completed.

The best agility training method is hunting black warlocks, so this won't introduce any super-quick training methods. However, it will make the diaries actually feel like a cool task list instead of just a laundry list of time-consuming tasks.

Or, take the PvM tasks. Getting the ring is just a mindless task! Why not "kill Callisto while wearing a tyrannical ring (i)." As a reward for completing the diaries, the tyrannical ring (i) will give +15% damage against Callisto. Boom, you've just given life to otherwise dead content.

For the DFS, why is it to obtain a visage? How about "smith a DFS in the wilderness and use it to kill the KBD."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like the current task list is just trying to add more content for Vets while completely disregarding what achievement diaries actually are. The content is dull and boring. We don't need that.
I was reading through them thinking wow half this stuff sounds boring as fuck and is going to be a right pain in the arse to do just to keep comp cape, but changing the tasks to be more like what sid has described above makes it sound a lot more interesting.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:39 am

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 am

D 4 u 4 wrote:
Simon wrote:100 laps on the agility course? 30 choc-ice? These tasks feel boring and repetitive.

I was reading through them thinking wow half this stuff sounds boring as fuck and is going to be a right pain in the arse to do just to keep comp cape, but changing the tasks to be more like what sid has described above makes it sound a lot more interesting.
Exactly.

The get 5 full kills using nothing but mage is 100% going to be boosted. Would say you could kill skillers, but it's easy to escape someone only using magic. Wear dhide, sip brews, protect from magic, ez escape...

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 am

Thanks for all the feedback - I greatly appreciate the efforts that are being made to think about new interesting tasks, while coming up with better alternatives for some other tasks.

Therefore, I have made the following changes to the list:

Removed:
  • PvP: Full kills with magic: 5
Changed:
  • PvM: Glacors (in wild): 20 choc-ice (instead of 30)
  • PvM: Agility Course: 50 laps wearing spotted/spottier cape (instead of 100)
  • PvM: Clue scroll: 5 clue steps in the wilderness (instead of 10)
  • PvP: Obtain 35,000 BH points from trading emblems (instead of obtaining 2 tier 7 emblems)
Added:
  • PvM: Kill each boss once without leaving or trading/looting players: 9 (WW, Vet'ion, Venenatis, Callisto, Crazy Archaeologist, Chaos Fanatic, Chaos Elemental, Scorpia, KBD). Note: dealing 100% damage is not needed, you just need to be the one to receive the drop
  • PvM: Complete a boss slayer task in the wilderness
  • PvP: Freeze, bind, snare or entangle players: 200 seconds
  • PvP: Prayer points drained with smite: 200

I'll admit I hadn't read Simon's list before (not sure why - or maybe I did but forgot about it afterwards). Although many of them seem interesting at first, there are several tasks that are far harder to complete than the ones listed here. For example, "block damage with a chaos elemental pet" requires you to obtain a chaos elemental pet. Same with KBD heads (its droprate is far, far lower than the visage droprate). Several others simply don't seem that interesting to me, or are hard to code in.

Also note that I will try my best to complete as many tasks as possible based on our drop logs (for the rare drop and pet tasks), so people who already completed those in the past won't have to complete them again. No promises though.