Final wilderness achievement diary list

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Do you agree with the proposed achievement list?

Yes, I fully agree
54%
Yes, I agree but have a suggestion for a minor change in amount, posted below
2%
I agree with the PvM tasks but add more PvP tasks
2%
I agree with the PvM tasks but remove one or more PvP tasks
22%
Remove one or more PvM tasks but I agree with the PvP tasks
4%
Remove one or more PvM tasks, add more PvP tasks
2%
Remove one or more PvM tasks, remove one of more PvP tasks
14%

Total votes: 50

Mike
Programmer

Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Mike » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:29 pm

After a lot of consideration, I have come up with a final achievement list for our wilderness achievements. Unless there are major objections from our community - or great suggestions for new PvP tasks - this list will no longer change at this point.

The PvM/skilling achievements have remained unchanged. A few PvP tasks have been added, several PvP tasks have been lowered and 3 have been removed (these 3 are: 200 damage in 10 seconds, full kills without taking damage and 2000 DFS special damage). This way, there are few PvP tasks to complete and although they do pose a challenge, they aren't that hard to complete either.

Keep in mind that Ironman mode players do not need to complete the PvP achievements, but they do need to complete 2x the amount of the PvM/skilling achievements.

I have also set up a poll to decide whether regular players can choose to go for double PvM/skilling achievements in order to skip the PvP part. Since the PvM/skilling tasks take far more time (but are less challenging) to complete than the PvP tasks, it should be a balanced choice.

PvM/skilling tasks
  • WildyWyrm: 1 clue scroll or 40 kills
  • King Black Dragon: 1 draconic visage or 120 kills
  • Venenatis: 1 treasonous ring or 250 kills
  • Callisto: 1 tyrannical ring or 250 kills
  • Vet'ion: 1 ring of the gods or 100 kills
  • Scorpia: 1 shard (odium or mal.) or 60 kills
  • Cr. Archaeologist: 1 shard (odium or mal.) or 80 kills
  • Chaos Fanatic: 1 shard (odium or mal.) or 80 kills
  • Kill each boss once in 1 trip, no trading/looting players: 3x (these bosses are WW, Vet'ion, Venenatis, Callisto, Crazy Archaeologist, Chaos Fanatic, Chaos Elemental, Scorpia, KBD). Note: dealing 100% damage is not needed, you just need to be the one to receive the drop. You are also allowed to bank in between trips
  • Boss pet: 1 from any wild boss or kill each boss (that has a pet) 150 times
  • Complete boss slayer tasks in the wilderness: 2
  • Revenants: 4 pieces of PvP armour
  • Mage Arena: 3 different god capes
  • Glacors (in wild): 20 choc-ice
  • Frost dragons (in wild): 100 frost dragon bones
  • Frost dragons: 20 kills using no anti dragonfire measures
  • Lava dragons: 80 lava dragon bones
  • Chaos elemental: 300 hand cannon shots
  • Chaos elemental: 10 full solo kills while staying under 40hp
  • Regular dragons (in wild): 500 dragon bones
  • Agility Course: 50 laps wearing spotted/spottier cape
  • Clue scroll: 10 clue steps in the wilderness
  • Black salamanders: 100 caught
  • Black chinchompas: 150 caught
  • Dark crabs: 300 caught
  • Magic logs: 300 cut
  • Runite golems: 300 runite ore mined

PvP tasks (only on Bounty Hunter targets)
  • Obtain Bounty Hunter points by trading emblems: 35,000
  • Artifact drops from player kills: 10
  • Full kills while using normal prayer book: 15
  • Full kills while wearing any full Barrows set: 10
  • Full kills with ranged: 5
  • Full kills carrying less than 200M in items: 5 (the price checker button between your equipment and items kept on death will tell you how much you're carrying in wealth - includes equipment)
  • Freeze, bind, snare or entangle players: 500 seconds
  • Loot from player kills: 500M worth
  • PkHonor Points from player kills: 2000
  • Pest Control Points from player kills: 200
  • Damage with poison or venom: 200
  • Damage with vengeance, deflect or recoil: 2000
  • Prayer points drained with smite: 500

Isaac
Honor Player

Re: Final wilderness achievement diary list

Post by Isaac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:36 pm

I dislike the 'get a boss pet' requirement a lot. That is purely RNG-based instead of an achieveable 'task'.

Also, the clue scroll steps is a no-no. That could take forever. Elite rates are shocking as it is.

Y 3

Post by Y 3 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Isaac wrote:I dislike the 'get a boss pet' requirement a lot. That is purely RNG-based instead of an achieveable 'task'.
That's why there's the alternative option of 150 kills of the bosses

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Y 3 wrote:
Isaac wrote:I dislike the 'get a boss pet' requirement a lot. That is purely RNG-based instead of an achieveable 'task'.
That's why there's the alternative option of 150 kills of the bosses
Which is way too much as an alternative. Just going off killing 150 WildyWyrms alone that takes 12.5 hours of waiting, and that is suggesting you get every kill.

Y 3

Post by Y 3 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:53 pm

Isaac wrote:
Which is way too much as an alternative. Just going off killing 150 WildyWyrms alone that takes 12.5 hours of waiting, and that is suggesting you get every kill.
Completionist cape isn't really meant to be completed in a span of 30 minutes though, it's supposed to take time. Only those who are actually dedicated enough to complete it deserve it.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Also, the clue scroll steps is a no-no. That could take forever. Elite rates are shocking as it is.
If you are doing elite clues you most of the time get 1 or 2 wilderness clue riddles.
It's a nice task IMO and so are the pets.

Don't forget that RNG is one of the biggest things in Runescape, So I don't mind having a couple RNG tasks.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:07 pm

Additionally, you’re already required to do a substantial number of kills on several of the bosses anyway for other tasks. It’s fine I think

Billyx
Honor Player

Post by Billyx » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:13 pm

I would love to skip the pvp tasks and have double pvm :)

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Mike wrote: (the price checker button between your equipment and items kept on death will tell you how much you're carrying in wealth - includes equipment)
No. Please add the actual price checker there, this thing should be shown in your "Items kept on death" interface. Please make use of the actual interfaces with what they are supposed to do, and don't mix up the interfaces.
  • Some things about this :
  • 2 tier 7 emblems or 3 tier 5 emblems or 1 tier 10 emblem as requirement, I'd rather see it this way.
  • remove the 500m loots from players, you'll never get that knowing that most of the players don't risk shit or use pvp crappy armours and crappy weapons, that convert in pkp so=0 gp
  • Most of the pvp reqs are really boostable- do it with a friend and you're done with them in no time, but you can't do much about them really.( yes, wilderness is so dead at times ppl would just stay at edge when there is no one else and just get each other as targets=boostable)
  • 5 full solo chaos elemental kills while staying under 40 hp meaning do I need to stay for the whole kill under 40 hp? Or do I need to be under 40 hp when it dies?
In rest it looks really nice, grindy, should take a at least 1 week to complete which looks nice. Really wonder what are the rewards for completing the diaries, besides the comp cape reqs. Will they be divided in : easy, medium, hard and elite tasks? This way we could get rewards after we complete each tier, instead of grinding everything till the end.

Y 3

Post by Y 3 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:00 pm

Respire1337 wrote: [*]remove the 500m loots from players, you'll never get that knowing that most of the players don't risk shit or use pvp crappy armours and crappy weapons, that convert in pkp so=0 gp
To be fair, the most common way of pking is Dharok's. Assuming they are skulled, that's an easy 500m (Full Dharok + Whip + DFS + maybe even a fury and/or b ring).