Billy's resignation letter

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Billy
Staff Consultant

Billy's resignation letter

Post by Billy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:46 am

First of all, I want to show my appreciation towards Mike and Rapsey for the opportunity of getting involved with the development and support of PkHonor. I was amazed at how much work, effort and energy Mike and Rapsey were putting into this server. Whenever we hung out as friends, most of our talks were about PkHonor, coming up with ideas on how to keep improving this RSPS, how to solve certain issues, ... It's incredible how much time and energy these 2 have been putting into this project and most of this goes unnoticed by our community. If there's 1 thing I wish for, it's that each and everyone one of you had the chance to get to see how much these 2 amazing people have done for this server, just so all of us could play this fun game for our leisure! Truely, hats off to them! If it wasn't for these 2, PkHonor wouldn't be at the spot where it has been for the past couple of years.

Anyways, that's not the main reason I'm writing up this post. The past 3 years, I've been helping out Mike and Rapsey as a staff manager, trying to lift as much of their burden so they could focus on the more important stuff. During my time as a staff manager, it has always been a struggle to build up a decent enough staff team. Moderators come and go, so it's a continued search for new staff members, trialing them, instructing them and developing them into a moderator that hopefully finds a position/role within the staff team in which he/she feels comfortable. Not always an easy task, especially with the fact that we're missing this personal contact and are always communicating through digital platforms.

However, after these 3 years, a lot of staff members have come and gone. During my period as a staff manager, I do want to thank every single person that has helped out on the staff team AND yes, also the players that have helped out on the helper team!
Spoiler: show
amount
iefke666
lkn
im amber
strdargoba
orangepike
mims7099
pizzaroll94
ryun
f3arme
mahoody2012
not safe run
im amber
lkn
jon
joby
jousipamppu
evan
i am mexican
ely pure
tutorials
ratonhaketon
kylo ren
mattehh
skullsnipe
chill ima dr
fe midas
pizzaroll94
mezah
mezurcle
tezey
gf you sir
tkx
syko riddler
sam
spirit tank
kylo ren
mr etho
sten
fungamer
nerds123
billyx
bank nerds
the builder
adamthalion
migetmanz
txpn
strdargoba
kaymahn1
gethigh udie
sten
mr etho
edonist
grave22
pvm captain
mims7099
nolan
f3arme
nolan
boise state
im amber
nick teck
pizzaroll94
gio
jousipamppu
coolfear
jade
pksasaftw
toeh5
im on meth
ruler
bzink00
ruler
the builder
sir pete
hadsox
troll n roll
pumpkim
vincent g
jousipamppu
hayden
nick teck
houwuh
sverre
ruler
xsquire1
brandt
nolan
vcom
... and many more
I also want to show my appreciation towards the current admins Ryan, Matt and Alex. The 3 of you have been a blessing to have, especially the past year. I can't explain how appreciative I am for all the things the 3 of you have done for this server. Being an admin on this server is a very demanding role, as you need to put aside all of your personal interests in playing the game and prioritize helping out the community and players. Not always the most appreciative role to have on this server unfortunately, but due to a strong team spirit between the admins and staff team, I feel that the 3 of you and the staff team as a whole will always be able to push through these rough patches and come out stronger than ever!

But now the time has come for me to step aside. Due to me graduating and starting a new job, I have little to no spare time left to spend on PkHonor. The past couple of months, my inactivity has been holding back the staff team in their workings and development. One of the reasons why it feels like resigning is the right thing to do.

I think it comes to no surprise that Ryan, our current head of admin will become the new staff manager. Matt and Alex, the current admins will stand beside him, advising and helping out wherever they can as a team, relying on input from senior moderators and moderators to help guide the staff team in the right direction. The past year, Ryan has been helping out a lot with staff management, so I'm confident that he already has all the knowledge, attributes and skills to make this a success story. During the next couple of months, I will remain available as a support, but all end responsibility for the staff team will from now on be on Ryan's shoulders.

To conclude, I want to thank all of you for this amazing time I had on this RSPS. To be clear, this is just a resignation letter, not a farewell!

Cheers,
Billy

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Re: Billy's resignation letter

Post by Gethigh udie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:51 am

Thank you for everything Billy. ;)

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:00 am

When your name is 4 times on the list #PraiseMePeasants :D

Never had anything against you. Kinda saw this coming. Thanks for the work though! Ryan is a good choice, of course he already did a lot lately. Plus, he has worked the ranks and earned the respect of everyone, something that might have been working against you regardless if you made a good or a bad call. I can't expect that's an easy spot to be in either so nice job.

Ely
Honor Player

Post by Ely » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:18 am

Thanks for everything Billy :)

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:19 am

Thank you for everything you have done for PkHonor Billy. The consistency, accountability, and organization you brought to the staff team has been an impressive accomplishment. I am confident that the staff team will be successful in the future due to the framework that you have put in place. Good luck in life.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:20 am

Was a Joy getting to know you and speak with you, I hope everything goes well with you in the future!

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:43 am

Peace Billy, was fun working with you back then. Thanks for managing us

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:43 am

Sad to see this happen, but so excited for you going forward. You've not only been a great staff member, but also a great friend. I hope someday we can play a game of ultimate together :)

Best of luck to Ryan going forward, he's always been a level-headed and strong admin, and will excel in this position as well.

To both, the best of luck in future endeavors!

Billy, you better keep in touch

Alex
Premium Donator

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:11 am

Thank you Billy for even giving all of us the chance to be staff members :D

Strdargoba
Premium Donator

Post by Strdargoba » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:25 am

Thanks Billy for everything you have done for us, you will be missed but thanks for giving me a chance many years ago, it's been an honor working beside you as a staff member as well as a friend. Ryan will do an amazing job watching over us. Best of luck with everything!