Multiple clues of the same tier ? yay or nay?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Multiple clues per tier

yes
68%
no
32%

Total votes: 66

Andres
Developer

Multiple clues of the same tier ? yay or nay?

Post by Andres » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:44 am

As I am wrapping up the new clue system, there is one big question left: can you have more than one clue of the same tier?

Concept is simple :

You can obtain as many (or capped at X amount) clues of the same tier. This would make it so you don't have to stop your pvm trip if you received a clue for example.

Since OSRS does not have this feature, I will explain a little bit how this will go:

If I have for example 3 elite clue scrolls it will display the same clue riddle on every elite clue. ( you will also not be able to solve a riddle if you have 2 of the same tier in your inventory)
Before u guys start commenting things like 'pls every clue of same tier different riddle' :
It will be way too complicated (and would require additional storage space) to give every clue a different riddle from the same tier.

However I made it that if you destroy a clue ( if you can't solve the riddle for example ) a new riddle will be assigned so you can (hopefully) complete the riddle.
However, you will lose one of the clue scrolls of that tier (the one destroyed).

Is there any reason why we should not add this?
If so, please discuss.
Last edited by Andres on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Billyx
Honor Player

Re: Multiple clues of the same tier ? yay or nay?

Post by Billyx » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:48 am

Yes yes yes

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:49 am

Andres wrote:If I have for example 3 elite clue scrolls it will display the same clue riddle on every elite clue.
So how exactly would this work?
You have 3 scrolls of the same tier. They all have the same clue. When you complete the step, do they all get a step completed on them? So would I be able to complete 3 5 step clues in only 5 steps? Or would only one scroll complete, and the next scrolls would continue.

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:52 am

Would be cool to see the 100's of hard clues I will never do in a stack in my bank.

I support this primarily because it is annoying where there is only a handful of people at edge and when one of them get's an elite I am generally left without a fight for 10min.

Very few con's, lot's of pro's.

Answering Adam's question: I would like to assume that every 5 steps you do you would turn one of your clues into a casket.

Would be nice if deleting a clue would reset the counter to 0 step's completed.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:54 am

Andres wrote:However I made it that if you destroy a clue ( if you can't solve the riddle for example ) a new riddle will be assigned so you can (hopefully) complete the riddle.
However, you will lose one of the clue scrolls of that tier (the one destroyed).
so if i do ::skull and go to dks and lose both my elites at the same time, can i then go back and recover BOTH elites with a different riddle, or do I automatically lose one and can only get the one back with a new riddle?
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:59 am

Adamthalion wrote:
Andres wrote:If I have for example 3 elite clue scrolls it will display the same clue riddle on every elite clue.
So how exactly would this work?
You have 3 scrolls of the same tier. They all have the same clue. When you complete the step, do they all get a step completed on them? So would I be able to complete 3 5 step clues in only 5 steps? Or would only one scroll complete, and the next scrolls would continue.

Good question,
I made sure that you can't solve riddles if you have 2 of the same tier in inventory (you get a message)
but like you said the next scrolls will just continue.

So if I have 3 elite clues ( 15 steps ) every 5 steps completed a clue scroll will be replaced by a casket.

Hope this answers your question.
Thelategamer wrote:
Andres wrote:However I made it that if you destroy a clue ( if you can't solve the riddle for example ) a new riddle will be assigned so you can (hopefully) complete the riddle.
so if i do ::skull and go to dks and lose both my elites at the same time, can i then go back and recover BOTH elites with a different riddle, or do I automatically lose one and can only get the one back with a new riddle?
I removed the feature to die with a clue scroll and obtaining another riddle. It was never intended to be that way.
As it also personally annoyed the **** out of me when I saw people doing that, it just defeats the purpose of clue scrolls IMO.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:18 am

100% do not think this should be added.

Having more than one of each clue is something I'd expect from a shitty rsps, not pkh.

Moneyman9596
Premium Donator

Post by Moneyman9596 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:25 am

I have to vote against multiple of the same tier. Reason being is being able to complete a task or a trip with the chance of getting multiple elites in a single trip has the potential chance to greatly lower the value of the rewards due to a greater income of clues coming into the game.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:26 am

Simon wrote:100% do not think this should be added.

Having more than one of each clue is something I'd expect from a shitty rsps, not pkh.
But what specifically is bad about it? Unless someone provides a compelling argument against it, seems like the majority of the community wants it.

Ely
Honor Player

Post by Ely » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:39 am

Simon wrote:100% do not think this should be added.

It’s just confusing for players.

The clue system is fine the way it is. If you don’t want to stop your pvm trip, don’t do the clues.