11 January Updates - Bugfixes & QoL

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

11 January Updates - Bugfixes & QoL

Post by Mike » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:34 pm

A small Quality of Life improvement I came up with today for my own use, but which I'm sure our Honor players will know to appreciate: you can now use the ::item command (or its shorthand ::i) to get the ID of an item by passing (part of) an item name instead of an item ID. You will then be shown the ID's of all items in the game that contain the characters you typed. This is case insensitive. For example, to get a list of all dragon dart ID's, you can type "::i dragon dart" or "::i gon dart" or "::i agon dar" etc.. and each time you'll be shown the full list of all dragon dart ID's.

In further news:
  • Setting up a dwarf multicannon now happens automatically, all you have to do is click the cannon base. Up to 150 cannonballs are also automatically loaded into the cannon
  • Accounts that are AFK are no longer automatically logged out after 10 minutes. This particular feature had no actual use, since our client has an auto-reconnect feature whenever you disconnect
  • A minor update to Ape Atoll Monkeys becoming unaggressive after 10 minutes: they will now remain aggressive as long as they are under attack by a dwarf multicannon
  • Fixed a bug where Zulrah items or Full Slayer Helmets dropped by Ironman Mode players on death in the wilderness were not properly converted into coins
  • Fixed not being able to fletch regular logs into arrow shafts, longbows and shortbows
  • Fixed the Christmas Cake message spam when cooking
  • Fixed being able to cook a Christmas Cake from any uncooked fish as long as you have an orange in your inventory

Also a couple of forum changes:
  • Topics in the Feedback section can now only be viewed by their authors, just like the new staff applications and support sections
  • The Feedback section has been moved to the Help Desk category
  • The Suggestions section has been moved to the PkHonor category
  • The Clans subforum has been moved to General Discussion

Lastly, there is a God Wars event this weekend, meaning all GWD rooms require no killcount to enter, have +20% droprates and double pet droprates. Keep in mind that the Nex room still requires completion of The Last Journey quest!
Event starts in:

Ends in:

Fungamer
Developer

Re: 11 January Updates - Bugfixes & QoL

Post by Fungamer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:47 pm

Epic. Thanks Mike!

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Nex in the Morph World is broken. Thanks for the updates!

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:54 pm

Jonas wrote:Nex in the Morph World is broken. Thanks for the updates!
I think it's Death special attack that broke it. I've applied a fix that should hopefully prevent it from happening again, please let me know if anyone still manages to break Nex after the update!

Moleman
Premium Donator

Post by Moleman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Really love the cannon update. Cheers

Kpnc
Known Venturer

Post by Kpnc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Great job thanks.

Rizz0
Premium Donator

Post by Rizz0 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Cannon works perfect thank you! I hated having to do each individual part

Kpnc
Known Venturer

Post by Kpnc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Mike wrote:
Jonas wrote:Nex in the Morph World is broken. Thanks for the updates!
I think it's Death special attack that broke it. I've applied a fix that should hopefully prevent it from happening again, please let me know if anyone still manages to break Nex after the update!
No Poison from the serpentine helmet killed the last mage before its phase. It's in the bug section :thumbsup:

Lahutatude
Premium Donator

Post by Lahutatude » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Topics in the Feedback section can now only be viewed by their authors...
Why so m8?
I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives!

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Lahutatude wrote:
Topics in the Feedback section can now only be viewed by their authors...
Why so m8?
Someone suggested it and it seemed like a good idea. Gives the section more of a purpose. Before it was basically General Discussion 2.0, now Feedback is a place where you can peacefully interact directly with the staff team and have them focus their full attention on what you are trying to tell them (rather than it being diverted by other people throwing their 2 cents on the topic) and if you want to have the full community input you can still do it in General Discussion. Seems way more practical than sending massive reply-to-all group PM's to the entire staff team.