Minimum players in CW games

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

The minimum for a CW game should be...

1v1 (don't change it)
48%
2v2
34%
3v3
9%
4v4
2%
5v5 (or more)
7%

Total votes: 58

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Minimum players in CW games

Post by Rapsey » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:35 pm

I realize having a minimum number of players to start a CW game would not solve all the problems. More work will need to be done, but until then it could be a good quickfix.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Re: Minimum players in CW games

Post by Azu rite » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:40 pm

2v2 would be best

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:18 pm

2v2.

I also have an idea for additional Game Modes for Castle Wars other than “Capture the Flag”.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:57 pm

Kylo ren wrote:2v2.

I also have an idea for additional Game Modes for Castle Wars other than “Capture the Flag”.
Search and Destroy.

D 4 u 4
Premium Donator

Post by D 4 u 4 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:07 pm

Isaac wrote:
Kylo ren wrote:2v2.

Search and Destroy.
Or have a king of the hill style game mode?

2v2.

Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Post by Iron bubble » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:11 pm

Callofdutyhonor
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

5alood
Premium Donator

Post by 5alood » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:12 pm

2v2 would be best I guess, as you said tho it wont fix everythin

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:14 pm

2v2 temporarily. It won't solve much though, the problem is how many tickets you can get from just capping the flag the entire game.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:22 pm

I don't think an alternative game mode would really change anything. If the players decide to cooperate for maximum gains rather than antagonizing each other in an effort to win, there's really not much you can do.

CTF? Let's just all run as many flags as possible instead of trying to stop each other.
TDM? Let's agree to meet up in the middle and do as much damage as possible.
S&D/DOM/KotH/...? Let's just do [whatever it is that gets us all the most points instead of actually playing the game].

A big part of the problem, I think, are the rewards for losing. The idea was that if you do well on the losing team you should still get good rewards, otherwise you can get shafted by your team and that's no fun. Sounds good in theory but it also means that actually competing and trying to win the game becomes unnecessary. I'm not saying there can't be any boosting if the losing team doesn't get much, you can still agree to take turns in winning. But if the rewards are more tuned to the actions you take in the game than to winning then you just create a situation where it's in everyone's best interests to let each other farm up the points.

Hi im alood
Known Venturer

Post by Hi im alood » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Rapsey wrote:I don't think an alternative game mode would really change anything. If the players decide to cooperate for maximum gains rather than antagonizing each other in an effort to win, there's really not much you can do.

CTF? Let's just all run as many flags as possible instead of trying to stop each other.
TDM? Let's agree to meet up in the middle and do as much damage as possible.
S&D/DOM/KotH/...? Let's just do [whatever it is that gets us all the most points instead of actually playing the game].

A big part of the problem, I think, are the rewards for losing. The idea was that if you do well on the losing team you should still get good rewards, otherwise you can get shafted by your team and that's no fun. Sounds good in theory but it also means that actually competing and trying to win the game becomes unnecessary. I'm not saying there can't be any boosting if the losing team doesn't get much, you can still agree to take turns in winning. But if the rewards are more tuned to the actions you take in the game than to winning then you just create a situation where it's in everyone's best interests to let each other farm up the points.
Having expensive ass rewards mean that the “game” aspect of a mini-game is removed altogether and it becomes a chore. In reality it would have been fun if CW was something else to do with small, fun, rewards instead of what’s going on now. The only way people maintain a competitive mindset here is if they enjoy the game. Which isn’t fair if they don’t. Same with a lot of things on PKH, but this is one thing where the benefits of rewards are completely out of line with the process needed to obtain them.