4 December Updates - Vet'ion

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

4 December Updates - Vet'ion

Post by Mike » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm

In today's update, we bring you some of Andres his work from the past weeks: Vet'ion

Like all of our other recently added bosses, it works almost exactly like in OSRS. It uses a basic melee attack, an AoE melee attack that can hit anyone in a 11x11 square and a magic attack that shoots 3 projectiles, one of which is aimed towards the spot where the player is standing and 2 others further away.
Once it reaches half HP, it will spawn 2 skeleton hellhounds, which need to be killed before you can finish off Vet'ion. Once killed, it will respawn in its reborn form and spawn 2 greater skeleton hellhounds when it reaches half HP.

Vet'ion drops a pet (of course), along with the Ring of The Gods, which grants +1 to all defence stats and +4 prayer bonus. It can be imbued with an imbue scroll, doubling the prayer bonus to +8 and restoring +2% extra prayer points when drinking a prayer potion, super restore potion or super prayer potion. This means a regular prayer potion restores 7 + 27% prayer points, a super restore potion restores 8 + 27% prayer points and a super prayer potion restores 7 + 37% prayer points when wearing the Ring of The God (i) (instead of 7 + 25%, 8 + 25% and 7 + 35% respectively).

Like all other wilderness bosses, it has a lot of valuable drops. On average, it grants more and better drops than Callisto, Venenatis or the King Black Dragon each kill, but it is much slower to kill because of its hellhounds and reborn form.

Andres is currently hard at work to add the last three remaining wilderness bosses: the Crazy Archaeologist, the Chaos Fanatic and Scorpia, which are planned to be released at the same time within one of the next few weeks. Then we will finally have all of the wilderness content required to add the Wilderness Achievement Diary, which I'm hoping to have done by the end of the month!

Today's update also brings three more minor improvements:
  • A hammer and saw have been added to the supplies store
  • Players that cannot perform any actions on login because they have to enter their account PIN or have an outstanding warning that need to be acknowledged, are now invisible to other players and NPC's, nor can they see other players or NPC's, until they correctly entered their PIN or acknowledged their warning(s)
  • You can no longer promote a regular, non-donator account straight away to the Premium status. This used to result in the automatic spending of 2,500 credits; instead, you will now receive an error message that you should promote to Donator status first, in order to avoid possible confusion about unknowingly spending credits

No event is planned this weekend (other than the usual Castle Wars event on Saturday), instead we'll be hitting you up with another week long PvM event next week! More information soon!

Edonist
Honor Player

Re: 4 December Updates - Vet'ion

Post by Edonist » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:18 pm

Great stuff as usual.

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:26 pm

Im telling you i dont really care about pets but this one is dope as hell.

Paid actor
Premium Donator

Post by Paid actor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:27 pm

:afro: :thumbsup:

Moleman
Premium Donator

Post by Moleman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:27 pm

Looks great :)

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:33 pm

I know it was suggested when it was announced Andres would be working on this, but was anything done to eliminate the possibility of getting stacked by wildy wyrm, mtihrils, and vetion? They have a shared aggro zone.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:34 pm

Awesome update!

Did you think of removing wildywyrm at campfires? Quite annoying if there is a wildywyrm and vet'ion at the same time. Would also like this to adress wildywyrms range and mithril dragons range, because they might wander off to vet'ion, making it extremely annoying.

edit: nice timing builder, adresses the same issue haha

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Ruler wrote: Did you think of removing wildywyrm at campfires? Quite annoying if there is a wildywyrm and vet'ion at the same time. Would also like this to adress wildywyrms range and mithril dragons range, because they might wander off to vet'ion, making it extremely annoying.
Yes, a slight WildyWyrm remake is in the works in order to prevent this sort of issues.

5alood
Premium Donator

Post by 5alood » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:05 pm

Ahh love me new wildy bosses.

But to be honest i feel like the drops are lame.. supplies n shit, other shit like ww, kbd, ele is kinda popular cuz the drops are decent, other than diamonds you got shit tonna pkps/pcps, visage/kbd head, then for kq a lot of random shit and its pretty easy to kill.

But yeah i guess thats what it drops on osrs (dont play osrs) n y’all tryna make it similar, would the other 3 be the same or would one of em have a different kinda drop

E l y
Premium Donator

Post by E l y » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:12 pm

Vet'ion uses the mage attack wayyyyyyy too much, especially in the orange phase.