Sneak peek: a new Edgeville

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Sneak peek: a new Edgeville

Post by Mike » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:36 pm

[Edit] Due to unforeseen lag issues - and a possible overall negative impression upon a silent majority of our players - we have decided to scrap the Edgeville experiment. However, many aspects remain, such as the wilderness death respawn point, bank, refund box, Fountain of Heroes and altars.

Considering the overwhelming support to move everything in Varrock to Edgeville - and to make Edgeville the new home teleport - I have gone ahead and made all necessary preparations to make this happen. Please see below for a screenshot of how Edgeville looks like after the transition:

A few notes:
  • The new Home teleport location is now just North of the Edgeville bank
  • The Pk portal has been removed, instead its teleport locations have been added to the PvP teleport in your spellbook (which used to be our Edgeville teleport)
  • When dying in the wilderness, you will respawn a little further North instead (see marker on the screenshot)
  • The respawn point when dying outside the wilderness remains the same
  • The ::shops room is the new starter location (which actually used to be our starter location until a few years ago)
  • Non-premium members will be able to use the fountain of heroes to replenish HP, prayer points and special attack, but unlike premium members, they will not receive any HP or prayer boost
  • A new fountain of heroes, altar of guthix and ancient altar have been added close to the wilderness ditch

If there are questions, concerns or requests for improvement, feel free to share them with us. We're always open for further improvements.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Sneak peek: a new Edgeville

Post by Iron adam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Will the old fountain of heroes and altars still be there as well?

Could we have a toggle to keep our respawn point when dying in the wildy the same as it is now? Same for the home teleport as well.
I think having the teleport spot the same as the Osrs amulet of glory tele is much more nostalgic. I think it gives players a better experience.
I would also prefer the new player starting point to be the same as the edgeville glory tele location.
Mike wrote:Non-premium members will be able to use the fountain of heroes to replenish HP, prayer points and special attack, but unlike premium members, they will not receive any HP or prayer boost
This will be a great addition for pking.

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Great additions Mike :thumbsup:

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:54 pm

Adamthalion wrote:Will the old fountain of heroes and altars still be there as well?
Yes, the current fountain and altars will remain.

Adamthalion wrote: I think having the teleport spot the same as the Osrs amulet of glory tele is much more nostalgic. I think it gives players a better experience.
I would also prefer the new player starting point to be the same as the edgeville glory tele location.
Any idea where those would be exactly? I don't have any accounts on OSRS (with the necessary items) to test this

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Mike wrote:Any idea where those would be exactly? I don't have any accounts on OSRS (with the necessary items) to test this
Just this general spot. It is the same tele that our current edge teleport is.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:35 pm

I approve of this model.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Add a bank booth behind the "skilling" store facing north.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Remove the "talk-to" function from the refund guy. Or make the first option the trade function for that easy point n click.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
Mike wrote:Any idea where those would be exactly? I don't have any accounts on OSRS (with the necessary items) to test this
Just this general spot. It is the same tele that our current edge teleport is.

Done, home teleport is now the same as the current edgeville teleport (which is also the same as the respawn point).
I haven't added a toggle for where you respawn when you die in the wilderness, for now you will simply respawn in the location between the 2 shops (as indicated on the screenshot), while dying outside the wilderness will make you respawn in the same location as before.

Slap a ho wrote:Remove the "talk-to" function from the refund guy. Or make the first option the trade function for that easy point n click.
Done - I've swapped the 'Trade' and 'Talk-to' options. Good catch.

I've also made a few small alterations - moved the extra bank booths a little closer to the wilderness respawn point, moved the item set exchange clerk inside the bank building and moved Death & refund store to the other side. All of them small changes, but they should make everything just that little more accessible.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:37 pm

Sweet, looking good!