Many more updates coming!

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Many more updates coming!

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:45 am

I'm currently working more closely together with our trial developer Andres to bring a whole bunch of new updates to PkHonor in the next weeks and months!

Over a dozen smaller Quality of Life improvements and bugfixes have been worked out by him, which I have reviewed and are ready to be released in the next update, planned for next week.

Furthermore, Effigies - items that grant skill XP (somewhat like skill lamps, but more advanced) - are almost done as well. These items can only be obtained through PvM (wilderness monsters will have higher droprates). The exact workings of effigies can be found on the RS3 wiki. Players will surely want to gather these as the dragonkin lamp can grant construction and hunter XP! There are also 2 effigies that can grant XP in these 2 hard to train skills. The exact XP amount of each level of effigy needs to be decided yet though.

A lot of credit goes out to Andres, as well as Dylan, for making these a reality!

As we speak, Andres is working on Vet'ion, yet another wilderness (mini)boss from OSRS. Several mechanics need to be worked out yet so this might take a few weeks before being released.

While he is working on that, I have finally managed to finish something I had started working on several months ago: the Looting bag interface!
The entire server-sided implementation (and saving and loading to the database) of the looting bag all need to be done yet, though I have no idea when I'll ever get around to that. Probably shortly after completing the wilderness achievement diary. Or maybe we could make the looting bag a reward for completing the diary? I've put up a poll to see if the community might approve of the idea. If not, we'll just make it a drop from certain wilderness monsters like OSRS.

It is one of several inventory-enhancing items that are still needed for Ultimate Ironman Mode - a Mode which is still planned for release someday, but is nowhere near completion yet. Considering all the other (mostly wilderness-related) features we still have planned, UIM might not see the daylight before 2018. But who knows?

This year will definitely be one for the wilderness - even if most of them are just extra monsters. Aside from Vet'ion, Dylan already has a big portion of the code for Callisto done (a bear in the wilderness). Then there are still Scorpia, the Chaos Fanatic, Crazy Archaeologist and Lava Dragons to add in later updates, along with the promised presets for inventory & equipment!

Vik
Honor Player

Re: Many more updates coming!

Post by Vik » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:49 am

good stuff Mike =-]

These sound hype, also for the looting bag it seems like a good reward from diaries
Last edited by Vik on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:49 am

Nice, not I can finally finish construction and hunter. Will the effigies be tradable?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:51 am

Adamthalion wrote:Nice, not I can finally finish construction and hunter. Will the effigies be tradable?
I wouldn't think so, no.

Imagine some really rich guy buying a whole bunch of effigies just to get that 2B Hunter XP. Seems a bit too easy to me. I'd say you still need to do the effort of obtaining them yourself :P

Would also allow really rich people (and some bigtime stakers) to advance way too easily on the highscores.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:52 am

Mike wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:Nice, not I can finally finish construction and hunter. Will the effigies be tradable?
I wouldn't think so, no.

Imagine some really rich guy buying a whole bunch of effigies just to get that 2B Hunter XP. Seems a bit too easy to me. I'd say you still need to do the effort of obtaining them yourself :P
Good. Now i don't have to cry about ezscape.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:03 am

Fear wrote: These sound hype, also for the looting bag it seems like a good reward from diaries
Well, that gave me the idea of not altogether discarding the idea yet and actually making an in-game suggestion with poll. Let's find out.

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Post by Gethigh udie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:07 am

Looking great, really throwing the effort in to have some great content. :thumbsup: appreciate the hard work fellas!

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:48 am

Mike can you please cap brews at 14? Osscape has this and its great!

Looting bag is cool, but this allows ppl in wilderniss to store stuff they pvmed and never be out of food because of that. Every pvmer will have 20 brews at any given time and not hve to worry about anything.

When you try to teleport/pull a lever/ walk in the wilderniss with 15 or more brews the chatbox says
'A little bit too much precaution, dont you think?' Or something like that and it wont let you enter.

An idea however, but please consider!

Rest is looking good!

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:58 am

Counterret wrote:Mike can you please cap brews at 14? Osscape has this and its great!

Looting bag is cool, but this allows ppl in wilderniss to store stuff they pvmed and never be out of food because of that. Every pvmer will have 20 brews at any given time and not hve to worry about anything.

When you try to teleport/pull a lever/ walk in the wilderniss with 15 or more brews the chatbox says
'A little bit too much precaution, dont you think?' Or something like that and it wont let you enter.

An idea however, but please consider!

Rest is looking good!
Never thought about that. Did you put up a suggestion topic with poll for this? If the community (or a reasonable portion at least) is behind the idea, we can make it happen.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:11 am

Looooking good.

@pim Yeah they'll be able to hold onto more brews, but if they want to actually fill their looting bag, they'll have to bring more prayer pots to compensate for the longer trips. It might even itself out.