Wilderness Ditch - yay or nay?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Should I remove the wilderness ditch?

No, leave it in. I like having it anyway!
25%
No, leave it in, I don't care either way
31%
Leave it in for now, but look into this again sometime in the future because it would be nice not having it
18%
Yes, invest the time and effort. I don't want no fracking wilderness ditch.
25%

Total votes: 67

Not motti
Forum Addict

Re: Wilderness Ditch - yay or nay?

Post by Not motti » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:41 am

I honestly don't mind to click an extra time

Yeah u
Wise One

Post by Yeah u » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:07 am

Mike wrote:I'm guessing most of you are thinking "we don't need no stinkin' wilderness ditch!", but the thing is: the new client comes with all OSRS maps, including the ditch. So it's pretty much a "gotta take it with the package" thing.

However, I might be able to hack my way around it by overwriting parts of the new map with parts from the original PkHonor map, but I honestly have no idea how to actually do that so it'll probably take quite some to figure out how to do it and whether it's even really possible (or viable) in the first place.
I already tried replacing it with an object but that just leaves a black void where the actual ditch part is and I'm afraid there isn't much I can do to get rid of that :P

I had managed to load the construction world map into PkHonor back when I first started working on Construction a few years ago, but that was a whole 64x64 map, not just bits and pieces of a map. I'd most likely need to extract small pieces of the PkHonor map and paste it onto the OSRS map, otherwise the whole edge of the wilderness will be buggy as hell.

Taking that into account, please let me know whether you want me to invest the time and effort in trying to remove the wilderness ditch, or just leave it as it is.

Or maybe we'll just get back to this in the future.

I say yes, just cus as you said it comes with the package lol... people saying no are either lazy to click one time. Or planning on luring people by making them follow then afk :[]
It just grows like that, and if you just happen to set it on fyah

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:12 am

idk tbh. It's just a little thing but things like this remind me of the current rs and I am playing pkh (rsps in general) for the oldschool feeling... The more things like this are changed the more it drifts away from the reason i started playing this
Then again, it's just a ditch. Anyhow, the third option is bullshit because you know that you should change what you want to change immediately or you will keep postponing it.
I say ditch the ditch

Cat
Wise One

Post by Cat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:36 am

It's for sure not worth the time to attempt to removing the whole thing. That's way too much work for such a small thing. I think the ditch is a good addition. Keep it :afro:

Okaytbh

Post by Okaytbh » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Juanes wrote:The black void looks good to me, as long as you can run across it normally, I think it's unique and shows were the wilderness starts.
I agree, the only thing I don't like about not having a ditch is that there's no marker besides a sign, but that's not very exact. With the ditch you know for sure that you cross it, walk two paces out, and you are in the wilderness and can be attacked.
Image Wanna know a secret?
Spoiler: show
#DicksOutforHarambe!
:badjokeeel:

Bananakiwi
Honor Player

Post by Bananakiwi » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:39 am

Ehh, I honestly don't see why the ditch matters or not O: all you have to do is click it, playing PkH/RS-anything you click half a billion things a day anyway. Grain of salt in the ocean :)

Phillip
Premium Donator

Post by Phillip » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:41 pm

It doesn't matter either way, only like 20 of the people voting actually enter the wilderness where the ditch would be.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Just realised...
Yes, invest the time and effort. I don't want no fracking wilderness ditch.
You have to make honest polls for it to count Mike... Polls like this will be disregarded by the supers.

4gottengodz
Champion

Post by 4gottengodz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:07 pm

Does it really matter lol
Karl25 pk wrote:Shes bouncing on someones cock atm

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:09 am

This post is nearly a year old devoid. Please no.